New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

and they're gonna put 22 passengers in that "jeepney"?

hindi ba underpowered yan?

makaka ahon ba yan sa steep roads?
    you forgot, PLUS STANDING! so 22 seated + 1 driver + maybe 10 standing = 33 total. siguro kung pwede lang lagyan ng kulungan ng manok ano, pahiga.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

so underpowered nga yan

buti pa mga mini bus na Isuzu Forward platform (6BG1 engine)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I also don't see any provisions for allowing the passengers to request the vehicle to stop.
    i.e. no buttons/buzzers, tali (full string to staff)

Wala ring visible provisions for efficient fare payment. So I guess makikisuyo pa rin ng bayad. At least man lang ma modernize ito para mabawasan yung distraction sa driver. Imagine having two of these behemoth jeepneys clogging the road as two drivers try to exchange barya sa umaga para panukli.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    I also don't see any provisions for allowing the passengers to request the vehicle to stop.
    i.e. no buttons/buzzers, tali (full string to staff)

Wala ring visible provisions for efficient fare payment. So I guess makikisuyo pa rin ng bayad. At least man lang ma modernize ito para mabawasan yung distraction sa driver. Imagine having two of these behemoth jeepneys clogging the road as two drivers try to exchange barya sa umaga para panukli.
    madali lang yan

sasama ng driver ang misis niya sa bihaye... taga kolekta ng bayad

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    know how backward the Philippines is?

this is Kenya:

Kenya Commercial Bank and Modern Coast Bus unveil New Commuter Card | Middle East/Africa Hub

Nairobi, Kenya: Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) in partnership with one of East Africa’s largest bus companies, Modern Coast Bus Limited, today unveiled the Modern Coast Card that will enable commuters travelling across East Africa to pay for their tickets electronically.

Besides being used for transit, consumers can use the MasterCard-branded card with contactless technology to pay for goods at millions of Point of Sale terminals in Kenya, and in over 210 countries around the world. Commuters can also enjoy other banking services from KCB to complement their transport usage such as mobile banking, agency banking and credit card facilities.

Speaking during the launch, the KCB Group Chief Financial Officer, Collins Otiwu, said that this partnership is part of the bank’s long-term strategy of supporting the Government’s financial inclusion agenda and creating a seamless transition from cash to electronic payments in the transport sector.

“In line with the Government’s directive that all payments in the transport industry should go cashless by 1 July 2014, we as KCB have made it a point to join hands with like-minded partners in the public transport industry to ensure that they beat this deadline. We want to facilitate this transition by rolling out the cards to over 40,000 passengers who use Modern Coast Bus monthly,” Otiwu said.

The Modern Coast Card operates seamlessly through the KCB/Tap-To-Pay Near Field Communication (NFC) technology platform. Commuters will be able to load their cards through the KCB network, which includes KCB Mtaani agents, KCB M-Benki, KCB branches, KCB ATMs and Modern Coast branches across the region.

“The Modern Coast Card uses MasterCard’s contactless technology that provides commuters with a safe, easy and convenient way to pay by simply tapping on a specially equipped terminal each time they enter or leave a station or bus. Fares are accurately calculated when they tap in and tap out,” said James Wainaina, Vice President and Area Business Head, MasterCard East Africa.

After tapping their card, they will then get a physical or electronic receipt indicating the date, route and time of travel.

“Through this partnership, KCB is committed to deliver a relevant and innovative solution to help our customers across the East African region enjoy the convenience of cashless payments,” Otiwu added.

Modern Coast Bus Managing Director Haroon Butt said the Modern Coast Card will make it easier for them to manage their fleet and also reduce leakages, which are associated with the current system. Commuters will also be able to use their cards on other Public Service Vehicles (PSVs) operating in Kenya.

“The cashless payment system will ensure that our revenues are monitored efficiently and seal revenue leakages. The system will also boost customer confidence in electronic transactions, e-commerce and online banking in the country,” Butt said.

The successful migration of KCB cards to the new Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) technology platform also enables its customers to securely and efficiently make payments using the new cards.

sorry OT

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    According to Wikipedia, the N/A TD42 for the Safari makes 125hp and 273Nm. I suppose that'll be enough, given that the engine is still in excellent condition. An Isuzu 4HG1 turbo might be a more appropriate powerplant though.

This seems to be a good facelift, but it really isn't a full model change so to speak. Still using 20 year old Japan surplus tech, and reviving Anfra designs. I wonder what kind of steel they used in manufacturing the body? Is it any thicker than the typical galvanized sheets? If they are indeed going to mass produce these, I'm pretty sure they'd have to fall back to surplus Elf or Canter platform again soon, as there aren't that many large SUVs for them to convert. That way there won't be anything "new" about it anymore. "New" would probably be something like the iVan body on the Safari platform plus sliding doors, a 70/30 split tailgate and possibly a brand new Isuzu truck engine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Sarao has been left in the dust by MD-Juan/Centro Manufacturing. This is already challenging Nissan Urvan in the FX AUV market...

unlike Sarao that built jeepneys, Centro concentrated on fabricating bodies for trucks

Centro got the attention of Japanese truck importers like Isuzu and Mitsubishi

cab and chassis lang kasi mga brand new imported trucks

kinontrata sila to make truck bodies kaya lumaki sila

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ayus ito a. sana hindi na mausok.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sarao should consider crowdsourcing the design.

One of the Tsikot PHUV concepts:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    lay off, guys! it's just a requirement for his thesis!
    laitin natin kapag tinutuo..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast