here's an India-made mini bus

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Just phase out the damn jeeps.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Just phase out the damn jeeps.

jeeps are okay, we don't have a problem with them, it's the jeepneys specially its drivers

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The traditional jeepney has more character. I don't like this new jeepney, it's trying hard to be something it isn't. Jeepneys belong to a museum. Or maybe keep a few for tour purposes. I have fond memories of the Jeepney. When I was a child we'd go to a restaurant where instead of tables, they had jeepneys

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's the jeepneys that are clogging up streets

those improvised forms of mass transport (jeepneys, tricycles, pedicabs, kuliglig) are what make the Philippines a 3rd world country

the govt has no political will to phase those out coz it's too anti-masa

hindi talaga magiging developed country ang Pinas pag ang mass transport system is made up of swarms of Mad Max type vehicles

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the filipino masses need an inexpensive means to move around. the jeepney has over the years done this job. it is only the arrogant, undisciplined and rude jeepney drivers that made it worse. it is still true today: the filipino masses need an inexpensive means to move around. with synergistic endeavor between the government and the manufacturers to make an energy efficient, less polluting and standardized/regulated mass transport. it will provide employment opportunities to our skilled work force, conserve the currency (instead of purchasing imported vehicles and sending the peso out of the country and to continue a means of livelihood for those who work at this jeepney industry. make the most of it, employ more skilled workers and minimize poverty.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by heightdeprived View Post
    I don't really think people will buy in to this, parang mas OK pa yung mga jeep na gawa sa Nueva Ecija eh, mas aerodynamic pa,

[IMG] http://cdn09.*******/20140802175719-a0d2d848b6fac2a3b78649a008e6e916.jpg[/img]

Needs further improvement, make it more aerodynamic and less boxy, perhaps somebody might get impressed...

mga yari sa aming bayan yan sa latore sikat si eec motors sa mga ganyang klase ng XLT

ang maganda pa in ka sa mga latest na sasakyan..kasi kung ano latest un ang gagamitin nilang mukha ng iyong XLT

pero ang original talagang gumagawa ng mga yan ay sa pampanga ,puro sila kapangpangan,napunta lang sila sa nueva ecija nung kasalukuyang pumutok si pinatubo..ang isa pa sa mga experto at super sa galing bumuo ng XLT at sikat na sikat sa pampangga ay
    ang BECIO motors..EEC motors RAEL motors

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    The government needs to fix the Public Transport System if they really want development in this country.

Remember that "a developed country is not where the poor have cars, but where the rich use public transpo".

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    *yebo, hindi ka naman asar sa jeep 'no? :bwahaha:
    actually may jeepney ako before, 1990-95. i bought it after going home from saudi. pero yung mga naging drivers ko pag hindi pasado sa gusto kong standard ng driving e di ko na pinapaulit pa. konting gasgas lang sisante na agad. kaya naman kasi kumita na hindi balasubas mag-drive e. i know coz i tried driving my jeepney naman. actually tambay nga 1/3 of the time kumikita pa din. my last driver who drove it until i decided to sell my jeepney would only drive it for 10-12 hours and bring it back with a full day's "boundary". and to top that nakikita ko pang nakatambay yung jeep sa bahay nila for 2-3 hours during those 10-12 hours. given that traffic is worse (really? the time it takes to go from project 8 to kalaw is still the same then and now!) it is still not an acceptable excuse na "hanapbuhay lang" kaya ganun sila mag-drive. maybe because those drivers are "part timers" na nakiki-labas lang sa kapwa driver or may bisyo kaya laging naghahabol.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sarao Prototype-ONE, The Next Generation Updated as of 8/06/'14
    by Sarao Motors

The vehicle you see here is the Sarao Prototype - ONE, and is specially featured in the August issue of the famous, Top Gear Philippines magazine.

As the name suggests, it is a prototype that we are currently developing.

This specific unit has a Nissan TD42 engine (4200cc, diesel) and transmission, with an original front and rear differential, unique to the legendary Nissan Patrol / Safari. It also has 4-wheel drive from the said vehicle.

A few things about the vehicle, operation and aesthetic-wise.

1.) The driver is positioned ahead of everyone else to avoid discomfort. Given the design of the vehicle, which reduces blind spots, gives the driver an improved visibility, and of course, " driveability ".

2.) We have moved the entrance from the rear, to the side of the vehicle. This greatly improves the safety of the passengers once they enter, and / or exit the vehicle. It also gives the driver an easier sense of monitoring of who enters and exits the vehicle. Also, once a passenger exits, he or she lands straight on the pedestrian lane / sidewalk.

3.) The passengers have a very spacious interior due to the increase in size of the vehicle. Passengers are able to stand up, given the 6 feet tall roof it has. Movement inside the vehicle is also made easy because of the widened isle.

4.) The seating arrangement could either be the same with a traditional Sarao Motors Inc. Jeep, which is the bench type, and it could also be the same with private vans having forward-facing seats, with arm rests (the prototype we have has the forward-facing seats, with arm rests).

5.) Having large windows, the design gives the passengers the joy of looking out the window. Again, this improves visibility.

6.) A double air-conditioning unit is applied. 1 in the front, and 1 in back.

7) The capacity varies, since we offer 2 types of interior layouts. Following the traditional Sarao Motors Inc. Jeep, which is the bench type seating, we can occupy 22 passengers, PLUS STANDING. For the forward-facing seats, we can occupy more or less 14 passengers, PLUS STANDING.

8.) The vehicle is modular. Not only it is for private and public transport use, but it can also be an ambulance, a food truck, delivery / panel van, specialized operations etc.

Further information you may want to know about the vehicle, you may contact us. (Contact details are posted in the home page.)

The design is unique and original, by the original Philippine Jeepney manufacturer, Sarao Motors Inc.

Exclusive: Sarao scion designs modern jeepney for school thesis | TopGear.com.ph
    by Vernon B. Sarne 06 Aug 2014

Designed by Jackie Sarao (grandson of Sarao Motors founder Leonardo Sarao) for his College of Saint Benilde Industrial Design thesis.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast