New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    pero unlike CNG vehicles pwede i-charge ang electric car bahay

so i think it's not the absence of charging stations that discourages people from buying electric cars

it could be price, driving distance...

It is the "driving anxiety" that is a problem with buying EV cars. Although having a single charge driving range of 100 to 150km which is perfectly fine for a day's worth of driving around the city, most people still prefer the comfort of having more driving range. Given the limited driving range of an EV-car, a family that often drives out of town would still need a second gas/diesel car for their lifestyle.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I think for a typical Filipino household, the range of a branded EV (e.g. Nissan Leaf) will be sufficient for daily use. The problem will be on weekends because we love to travel on weekends either going to provinces to visit relatives. Or for us already in the province, we would go to Manila on weekends or to another province.

IMO, plug-in hybrid has the most potential for us. just remove the import duty and the price will be reduced dramatically. further price reduction can be achieved by removing ad valorem and VAT if I am not mistaken.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In the US a Nissan Leaf costs 28K USD while a Sentra costs 10k USD less. Mahirap i-justify ang price diff.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    maganda siguro yan kapag meron na ang pinas ng nuclear power plant.
    para mura lang ang electricity cost.

or pwede din, kapag naging oil/natural gas producing country na rin ang pinas....di ba may potential yung sa parteng nort-west side sa tapat ng cagayan?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Wow... so now Manny P. has a place to recharge his expensive Tesla Model S aside from his residence.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123