New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Actually, the most logical thing to do is to replace them with buses.
    Yes.

But for secondary routes will less passenger volume and small narrow roads in certain areas in Cavite, a high capacity modern jeepney will do.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Are the 38 units CBUs? My apology Ehnriko, but I am more incline to endorse locally fabricated buses (Sta Rosa or Almazora).

But then again, if they are to become locally made, I will surely endorse them.
    Oh.. ok.. the idea was to replace the old buses with new ones... and to meet the requirements of the operators... I am actually commisioned to redesign some the other components of the bus. I am not sure if it's CBU.

Anyway - Almazora doesn't make Baby Buses.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    anybody here from ILoILO city should post what PUJ's look like back there, Its way way far compared to the jeepneys here in metro manila, in fact our office have one unit custom made fro iloilo, you can choose how your jeepney looks, what our office have is Hilux inspired and aircondition equip and the paint job is great, it cost 550K due to some upgrade requested by our office, but for a regular nice looking passenger jeepney it'll cost less.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    L-300 versa van's seating capacity:

Pero mga operator sinisiksik 15 (including driver)

Mahal nga lang 915K.
    The L300 Van cost around 650t. A vehicle with an older design but slightly better and powerfull is the Nissan Urvan. Their 21-seater is configured like a jeepney. It is priced at around 950t brand new. It looks like the Urvans are now the van of choice by GT Operators.

I believe the Mitsubishi and Adventure vans are all assembled locally with a high percentage of local - parts content.

I am just disappointed with the Nissan vans since they are still equipped with cassette-tape head units! At least Mitsubishi has upgraded theirs by providing MP3 HUs.
    Last edited by Benji_DCP; October 28th, 2009 at 11:05 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji_DCP View Post
    The L300 Van cost around 650t. A vehicle with an older design but slightly better and powerfull is the Nissan Urvan. Their 21-seater is configured like a jeepney. It is priced at around 950t brand new. It looks like the Urvans are now the van of choice by GT Operators.
    915K na yung 2010 model.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    915K na yung 2010 model.
    Grabe ah! ang laki na ng itinaas. Huling tanong ko kasi last month yung 650t.

Both the L300's and Advie Gx were priced the same, but I opted for the Advie Gx.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    From Cebu...

MMDA inspired..

Elf turned into Jeepney..

This is basically what I was talking about...

These are not ELF inspired - the right terminology is... LIGHT TRUCK based PERSONNEL CARRIER Vehicles.

Since they are not really jeepneys... They are Cab over Engine configuration Light Trucks under 3 to 2 Ton Category. ELF is just one of them.... These ones are Canter Based. I est. around 1.5 to 2 Ton.

The China based are a bit bigger and roomier I believe.
    Last edited by ehnriko; October 29th, 2009 at 08:40 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7746504*N04/

I hope a new jeepney will look like this...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7746504*N04/

I hope a new jeepney will look like this...
    I doubt if a future jeepney would even look close to that. But as a future locally made replacement for the FX shuttles, it might just be that, if the price is right, dependable & affordable to maintain.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From Cebu...

MMDA inspired..

Elf turned into Jeepney..

This is basically what I was talking about...

These are not ELF inspired - the right terminology is... LIGHT TRUCK based PERSONNEL CARRIER Vehicles.

Since they are not really jeepneys... They are Cab over Engine configuration Light Trucks under 3 to 2 Ton Category. ELF is just one of them.... These ones are Canter Based. I est. around 1.5 to 2 Ton.

The China based are a bit bigger and roomier I believe.
    Based on my observation, The jeepney is basically an Elf, converted into a jeepney.

A Future for Jeepneys (What do you think?)