New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1193
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Philippines may not be the ideal place for manufacturing, however, Filipinos are known to be innovators which the Philippine government should focus and provide support para mag mature ung mga products at maging available for the consumer market. Not only locally but also as export product.

Merong mga other Pinoy made e-vehicles na din akong napanood sa TV (NEWS) pero hangang doon na lang, ung e-jeepney sa Makati Ave. bihira ko na din makita.

We have been around this discussion about electric vehicles in the Philippines along with the grandiose dreams of being the e-car capital of asia, etc.

Given this discussion thread dates back to 2007 talking about the e-jeepney, yet we don't even see one on a daily basis in our daily commute to work or school. That is a very loud message about it's (lack of) impact & penetration in the transport scene.

Heck, the only ones I see often is the e-trikes in Taguig and even those is a rare sight. I have only seen two for the whole of 2012.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    even in countries where governments subsidize electric cars E-vehicles are nowhere near replacing ordinary cars

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    If e-jeepneys will be available, they probably won't last long...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ejeepneys are available

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The length of service of the motor and chassis has never really been an issue... though the chassis is lightweight compared to full-sized Jeepneys... it's the batteries. A lead-acid deep-cycle pack has a lifespan of two to five years of constant use, depending on weather, heat, drain-cycle and charging-cycle. Supposedly you can get 100,000 kms out of the battery, but I have yet to see the hard numbers. Haven't talked to the E-Jeep people for a long while, and my contact there has either left or changed his number.
    Last edited by niky; February 11th, 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ang e-jeepney applicable sha sa mga ruta na tulad ng UP-ikot or Makati-loop.

Kaya nga lang, paano tatangkilikin ng mga sasakay ang e-jeepney kung meron naman alternative na diesel jeep.

for example: un ejeepney dito sa makati makitid, dapat ung design nito ay similar sa existing na diesel jeep.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The length of service of the motor and chassis has never really been an issue... though the chassis is lightweight compared to full-sized Jeepneys... it's the batteries. A lead-acid deep-cycle pack has a lifespan of two to five years of constant use, depending on weather, heat, drain-cycle and charging-cycle. Supposedly you can get 100,000 kms out of the battery, but I have yet to see the hard numbers. Haven't talked to the E-Jeep people for a long while, and my contact there has either left or changed his number.

In hot tropical weather (like the Philippines), the average life of a lead-acid battery gets much shorter. Much like what early Toyota Prius (1st gen) owners (who lived in the southern states) found out in the US.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Ang e-jeepney applicable sha sa mga ruta na tulad ng UP-ikot or Makati-loop.

Kaya nga lang, paano tatangkilikin ng mga sasakay ang e-jeepney kung meron naman alternative na diesel jeep.

for example: un ejeepney dito sa makati makitid, dapat ung design nito ay similar sa existing na diesel jeep.

I totally agree with you. The e-jeepney should have a wider more spacious body for the comfort of NORMAL SIZED passengers. Unfortunately what the developers of the e-jeepney will not tell you is that they used golf-cart parts (axels, steering, suspension) hence the very narrow body.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ito medyo OT, pero related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVXWGBgYj3M

Electric Bus - pero ung body nya galing sa existing bus kaya you get the same space/seating as a regular bus.

much better kung ganito ang bus na bumabyahe along edsa

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I have not had a chance to go through all 104 pages, so sorry if any of these questions have already been answered.

My questions are to any jeepney drivers and owners out there.

What is the average financing arrangement for a new jeepney to a driver?

How many kms do you ACTUALLY drive daily? How much does this cost you in fuel?
    Be as accurate as possible and please note the city of your route.

What is the top speed you are able to achieve on your route?

Is there anything about your traditional jeepney that you cannot live without?

Thanks for any help in advance.

BTW, This will not be another extended golf cart. I don't do golf carts.

"e-Jeepney" - The electric powered jeepney