New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    A car designed by committee never wins any awards.

The PHUV proved that point.
    Considering the tight schedule and the MVPMAP project constraints (simple curves, flat panels, flat glass, tall and narrow body proportions), the Tsikot designs were okay.

Left - Original MVPMAP PHUV
    Right - Tsikot Design "Y"

The Tsikot concepts (including "Y" - the least popular design in the Tsikot poll. :sweat were an improvement over the original PHUV.

Design "Z" aced the poll, followed by "X".

Maybe things could have turned out differently if MVPMAP went to Tsikot for design ideas first before making their prototype, not after.

Even though the PHUV project is dead, the Tsikot forum can still be an alternative design source (with 3D modeling and rendering services) for local fabricators on a budget. More designs, more choices.
    Last edited by donbuggy; March 12th, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    This design could be the "UV Express" shuttle, the same with the AUV's not the jeepney passenger type

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Considering the tight schedule and the MVPMAP project constraints (simple curves, flat panels, flat glass, tall and narrow body proportions), the Tsikot designs were okay.

Left - Original MVPMAP PHUV
    Right - Tsikot Design "Y"

The Tsikot concepts (including "Y" - the least popular design in the Tsikot poll. :sweat were an improvement over the original PHUV.

Design "Z" aced the poll, followed by "X".

Maybe things could have turned out differently if MVPMAP went to Tsikot for design ideas first before making their prototype, not after.

Even though the PHUV project is dead, the Tsikot forum can still be an alternative design source (with 3D modeling and rendering services) for local fabricators on a budget. More designs, more choices.
    Kahit sa probinsya gamitin sana ito pampalit ng mga jeepney.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    With apologies to Camel Motors and other backyard jeepney manufacturer, IMHO bakit hindi na lang sila umorder ng Running Chassis sa mga japanese or korean car company then kung hindi sila MAAWAT sa paggawa nung mga primitive design jeepney bodies at least with a japanese/korean running chassis, complete na with right frame, brakes, steering, electrical. At least meron konting safety factor...kasi nakita ko sa earlier post yung picture ng Camels Motors, mukhang C-bar na pinagkabit lang thru welding. Is that design to have a "play" kung dadaan sa mga lubak?? O mukhang chassis kaya pwde na.....Papaano na safety ng mga passenger??

Those jeepney passengers I believe pays good money for the ride so they deserve at least a decent and safe vehicle...

Again, please I do not mean to offend Jeepney lovers and manufacturers.....this is just my opinion......my apologies in advance. Thanks.......

Adapting more modern frames to the traditional jeepney body doesn't seem to be so hard. I've already seen some Willys Station Wagon bodies adapted to pre-2004 Hilux frames many times...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ok yun design nila...kahit ganito na sana makitang jeep dito sa manila yun iba grabe sa luma nakaka-tetano

stainless at alloy sana gamit nila at bawasan yun borloloy para magaan gusto ko yun design nila ng jeep...pwede pamalit sa patok

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ZURC01 View Post
    With apologies to Camel Motors and other backyard jeepney manufacturer, IMHO bakit hindi na lang sila umorder ng Running Chassis sa mga japanese or korean car company then kung hindi sila MAAWAT sa paggawa nung mga primitive design jeepney bodies at least with a japanese/korean running chassis, complete na with right frame, brakes, steering, electrical. At least meron konting safety factor...kasi nakita ko sa earlier post yung picture ng Camels Motors, mukhang C-bar na pinagkabit lang thru welding. Is that design to have a "play" kung dadaan sa mga lubak?? O mukhang chassis kaya pwde na.....Papaano na safety ng mga passenger??

Those jeepney passengers I believe pays good money for the ride so they deserve at least a decent and safe vehicle...

Again, please I do not mean to offend Jeepney lovers and manufacturers.....this is just my opinion......my apologies in advance. Thanks.......
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Adapting more modern frames to the traditional jeepney body doesn't seem to be so hard. I've already seen some Willys Station Wagon bodies adapted to pre-2004 Hilux frames many times...

It all boils down to cost. Getting a japanese built running chassis in the Philippines where no one is selling such an item would be expensive since you'll end up importing them. And since you will be importing them, you will have to deal with all the importation red-tape, taxes and duties to be paid. It all adds up and ends up to be more expensive.

Surplus engines are still available and labor is still relatively cheap so fabricating the chassis locally will result in a cheaper "product".

And jeepney operators aren't really known to be big spenders too. They would rather get a cheaper jeepney than pay more for one with a "japan" rolling chassis. For them, a locally fabricated chassis would actually last longer because the chassis was built like a tank.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    yun mga jeep ata dito sa manila 30+ years old na ata...kala mo nga tanke sa tibay

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    yun mga jeep ata dito sa manila 30+ years old na ata...kala mo nga tanke sa tibay
    My point exactly.

How many 20 to 30 year old japanese small truck running chassis have lasted that long without periodic expensive repair?

Heck, even our ISUZU NHR and Mitsubishi Canter delivery trucks, which sees less kilometers than jeepneys, needs regular maintenance.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    di matibay mga jeepney. ask drivers/operators how often PUJs undergo repairs

may tao kami may 2 jeep pampasada. lagi inaayos

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
CAMEL MOTORS/JAVELIN MOTORS (Jeepney Manufacturer)