New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    well, a firm in cavite can duplicate and manufacture a smaller version of AMC hammer and the orig hummer....

They are just waiting for someone to order one.....
    Last edited by dprox; September 27th, 2007 at 10:35 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Is this a Russian Hummer? or their own version to compete with the US made Hummer...

AMC made Blizzard in Australia. Have we got any in the Philippines?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Is this a Russian Hummer? or their own version to compete with the US made Hummer...

AMC made Blizzard in Australia. Have we got any in the Philippines?
    What the Blizzard? Does anyone have pics of the Blizzard?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Heads up lang.

Sooner or later, Chinese Humvees might be coming to town.

There are two known manufacturers. It appears that at least one company, Dongfeng Motor Corporation (DFM), has the full consent and cooperation of General Motors Corporation. Theirs is called the "Eastwind EQ2050". MORE

When these replicas/variations hit the Asian market, replicators who cannot beat their price could be out of business. I hope Jappy and other pinoy replicators are reading this.

Sheesh! At the rate China is cloning everything American, you might not have to vacation in the US. China will become "USA" - ie, the "US of Asia".
    Last edited by dprox; November 15th, 2007 at 07:31 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dprox View Post
    Heads up lang.

Sooner or later, Chinese Humvees might be coming to town.

There are two known manufacturers. It appears that at least one company, Dongfeng Motor Corporation (DFM), has the full consent and cooperation of General Motors Corporation. Theirs is called the "Eastwind EQ2050". MORE

When these replicas/variations hit the Asian market, replicators who cannot beat their price could be out of business. I hope Jappy and other pinoy replicators are reading this.

Sheesh! At the rate China is cloning everything American, you might not have to vacation in the US. China will become "USA" - ie, the "US of Asia".
    Galing noh, they're LHD originals too! I dont know about their reliability at the moment though, but that's how japanese and Korean cars started out - with very poor reliability in the beginning.

Yes, China is becoming US of Asia... They already have their own Disneyland...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's scary for the local replicators. Are they going to market their cloned Hummer in the Philippines? If the price is lower from the local replicators, it will be their biggest night mare. Everything is being cloned in China. You name it, they've got it all.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jappy still the enjoys the advantage of having the more common Nissan Patrol and Toyo Land Cruiser platforms which have tons of upgrades available in the aftermarket (e.g. ARB, TJM, etc.). Who makes upgrade parts for the Chinese copies?

The AMC's also have a twin solid axle suspension which is more preferred by offroaders. The Hummer's IFS/IRS system work in the U.S. armed forces setting because of a relatively rigid maintenance regimen. But in a third world/isolated setting, the Defenders, Patrols, Land Cruiser 70's still rule.

The latest upgrades for the AMC Hammer include the use of a full Nissan Patrol wiring harness and the use of Nissan Patrol interior parts for Patrol-based models.

There's also an improved cooling system for heavy duty use.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Puede kaya AMC Hammer PHUV? yung pampasada at pag-karga din para lumaki market nyo AMC....ganda kasi gawa ninyo...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    well, a firm in cavite can duplicate and manufacture a smaller version of AMC hammer and the orig hummer....

They are just waiting for someone to order one.....
    Anong firm ito? Pa-PM naman sa akin. I also heard marami rin daw gumagawa sa Pampangga.

Of course, I doubt if they'll have the quality/features of Alana Motors, but I think they're worth seeing
    Last edited by dprox; November 19th, 2007 at 08:58 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Puede kaya AMC Hammer PHUV? yung pampasada at pag-karga din para lumaki market nyo AMC....ganda kasi gawa ninyo...
    I'm also waiting for AMC to produce their own design PhUV. As of now, made to order pa rin ang Hammer nila.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
AMC Hammer - the template for Pinoy built vehicles?