New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    any idea about the recommended interval before tappet clearance adjustment of 4d56TI pajero?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    valve clearance interval check will depend on on your Paj model. Only sure way is if adjustment is needed is to remove valve cover

Valves that DON'T need adjutment have NO adjusting screws

There is NO specified check and adjustment interval for 2.5L and 2.8L diesel engines.

Valve clearances (engine at normal operating temp)

2.5L diesel engine- 0.25mm

2.8L diesel engine
    Inlet valves- .25mm
    Exhaust valves- .35mm

Generally speaking, later models starting with ND automatic trannies DON'T require valve adjustment

Haynes Pajero Repair Manual 1-3 1-17

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i have a friend who was told by a mechanic at an isuzu casa that it is recommended but not really necessary to adjust the valve clearance every time you change oil. i was thinking if the same principle applies to every diesel engine that have valve clearance adjustment.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    My favorite shell gas station mechanic suggested that my valve clearance should be adjusted to minimize engine noise. My ride is Pajero Fieldmaster 2.8Liter (4m40 engine). However, I was told before that this engine has self-adjusting valve and doesn't require valve clearance adjustment although the valve clearance setting is pasted under the hood.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    is the 7k engine of gas revo ...has a self adjusting valve ????
    thanks a lot

valve tappet clearance adjustment