New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi guys I hope you can help me on this... what kind of spark plugs can I use for my 97 cefiro(VQ 20 engine) and does it have any specific type?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If memory serves, its factory equipped with iridium plugs that are supposed to last 100,000 kms. Or was it 80,000 kms? I cant remember the plug number. I do know that you can replace them with ordinary plugs, yun nga lang they wont last as long as iridiums.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    use the OEM platinum plugs or if there's a Denso Iridium Plug that is compatible with your VQ. Though you can use ordinary plugs, the hassle of removing the intake manifold just to replace the plugs every 10,000kms isn't worth it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    What is the difference between platinum and iridium? I asked an auto supply along jp rizal just this morning and was surprised to know the difference of prices between the 2 plugs. ordinary plugs are priced at 90php each platinum at 175php each while iridium is 650php each. are platimun plugs good enough? how long does platinum plugs last compared to ordinary and iridium?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne28 View Post
    What is the difference between platinum and iridium? I asked an auto supply along jp rizal just this morning and was surprised to know the difference of prices between the 2 plugs. ordinary plugs are priced at 90php each platinum at 175php each while iridium is 650php each. are platimun plugs good enough? how long does platinum plugs last compared to ordinary and iridium?
    I think most of your questions can be answered in the link:
    http://www.densoiridium.com/faq.php

http://www.automedia.com/Iridium_Spa...ht20010101ds/1

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne28 View Post
    Hi guys I hope you can help me on this... what kind of spark plugs can I use for my 97 cefiro(VQ 20 engine) and does it have any specific type?
    Ako for my Sentra GS 2005 model I'm using the Original Nissan NGK Spark Plugs. Here is the part number 22401-20J05.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    usually advice ko use platinum spark plug for cefiro ... ordinary spark plug won't do ... just buy ngk planitum or bosch platinum any would do ....

22401-20J05 ... can't be used for cefiro ... cefiro has its own original spark plug ... kasi mas malakas yung makina kaya iba yung specs nito ...

NGK and bosch platinum is around 140 per piece ..... yung original is about 200+

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    we normally use the bkr 6e plugs from ngk without any problems. no need to spend extra since they are easy to replace anyway...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I called up NGK and Bosch they told me that I should use PFR6G11(NGK) or FR6DPP33x(Bosh) for my cefiro. They are platinum plugs with Automakers specs but the problem is the price. NGK cost around 460php per piece while bosh is 350php per piece both plugs can be used up to 100thou km. is there any other cheeper platinum plugs available in the market for VQ 20 engines? Nga pala 97 nissan cefiro VQ20 engines have timing belt or timing chain?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go for the NGK plats (PFR6G-11). P460.00* is already good given that you don't have to change anymore for the next 100,000km. That saves you on labor for 10 changes and 60 sets of plugs.

Where did you canvass this? The price is quite good already at P 460* IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Spark Plugs for Cefiro???????