New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Newbie here..

Ask ko lng mga sir about sa ford lynx ghia 02 ko manual, kasi twice na nangyari sa akin na bigla syang nag-choke un nabibilaukan sya pag step mo sa gas pedal in first gear or in any gear (in sudden way). Tapos pag apak mo sa clucth ulit babalik sa normal idling, then pagka tinuloy mo un pag step mo sa gas in any gear para patakbuhin mag-chochoke nanaman sya hangang sa mamamatayan ka na. then pag ita-try mo i-start ayaw na. Then after mga 10mins-15mins lang try ko ulit i-start, un mag sstart na kagad sya in stable way.
    Ano po kaya cause ng choking nya? nagpa-change na ako ng fuel filter, drain my gas tank, change spark plugs, cleaned my throttle body, MAF & AICV, change my air filter, check all my gas lines from tank to engine bay.
    Ano pa po kaya nagtri-trigger sa choking or nabibilaukang situation then biglang mamamatayan if you continue to step on the gas pedal?

pina-diagnose ko na rin un whole car sa casa. wala naman problem un sa fuel pump sabi nila.

ano kaya problem dun mga sir?

thnx

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    leaking vacuum hose?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    they've checked all the host and lines and no leaks at all..

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    though they checked the fuel pump i'll think it' more likely the fuel pump or its circuit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The "it dies and won't start until you wait a bit.." points to the MAF sensor. Which is a common failure item on certain Ford Lynx models. The later models allegedly have the problem fixed (new design MAF sensor) but I'm not sure if an '02 already has the fix.

niky would know.

But my money's on the MAF sensor. 3000 or so at Fordland etc in Banawe.

edit: oops I notice you've had something done to the MAF. Clean only, or replace? cleaning doesn't work out too great..
    Last edited by orly_andico; May 19th, 2007 at 06:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm not sure... I don't know if it's the 02 or the 03 with the new part.

Indeed, it sounds like you've got a MAF or IACV issue. (Coilpack issues are kind of different)... but it could be any number of things.

Worst case scenario, if you've exhausted everything (sure there's no vacuum leaks?) is that you'll have to replace the computer box.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    IACV issues would result in rough idling and engine shutoff when you release the clutch. They probably wouldn't cause the engine to not start for some time.

The "15 minutes of cooldown between starts" really looks like heat soak problems on the MAF.

The ECU issue is, I think.. a little extreme not to mention expensive.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah, if it's "15 minutes of cool-down", it could also be a cam-position sensor problem.

Check on the fordclubph.com forums... another member had trouble diagnosing his problems and bought absolutely everything before fixing it. He has extra sensors and coilpacks (hardly used) for sale.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hehe it's all over the map!

Does the '02 Lynx use coil-on-plug? or simply distributorless ignition?

On the 626 the "15 minute problem" was usually traceable to the ignitor transistor going flaky due to heat soak.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Distributorless, I think. One of the first in the Philippines.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
LYNX Ghia 02 Choking or Nabubulunan