New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mga Sir, can you give me idea my ride is CIVIC VTI, and the ATF use indicated is DEXTRON II , I'm planning to change the ATF fluid to "CASTROL brand but DEXTRON III. Is there a problem with this ? anu ba differences ng DEXTRON II at Dextron III ?????

Pls educate me...... thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    imho, i used petron premium ATF mas mura pa, about 145 per liter (sa may pedro gil cor san marcelino - dito kasi pinakamura ung oil and unleaded gas nila eh) dexron III compliant n din po sya, and mas ok n ngayon tranny ko. pina transtech ko din nga pala civic ko sa autotechnika i consumed about less dan 20 liters to fully clean my tranny.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    You can use Dexron III on your car since it is backwards compatible to Dexron II. The difference is that III has a better cooling property than II along with detergents. If you want to use synthetic you can even use Mercon 5 as that is the equivalent. However, if it states that you should use III don't go backwards and use II as that can damage to your transmission.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    What about Castrol brand ATF Dextron III is it safe and more reliable to us this ATF regardless the price /?

basta mahalaga tama ang spec ng ATF, regardless ng brand.. pero syempre iba when u use synthetic ATF...

ako i used atf-dexron-2 spec na woth 85 pesos lang per liter..8 liters ang palitan ng ATF, not ung naddrain mo lang sa pan...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    You can use Dexron III on your car since it is backwards compatible to Dexron II. The difference is that III has a better cooling property than II along with detergents. If you want to use synthetic you can even use Mercon 5 as that is the equivalent. However, if it states that you should use III don't go backwards and use II as that can damage to your transmission.
    I thought that Mercon 5 is for Ford? Are you sure its equivalent to Dexron III?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_0197 View Post
    What about Castrol brand ATF Dextron III is it safe and more reliable to us this ATF regardless the price /?
    As said before dex 3 is backwardscompatible with dex 2. You can use Castrol safely. Cheaper alternatives will be Petron Dex 3 (around P150 per liter ) and Total Dex 3 (P175 per liter)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mga Sir. Ok lang gamitin ko Castrol Dextron III ATF para sa Civic VTI ? kasi nakabili na ko..... I understand maganda iton Castrol ? please advise. ?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I thought that Mercon 5 is for Ford? Are you sure its equivalent to Dexron III?
    MERCON is what Ford calls their suggested atf but is comparable to Dexron III, Mercon V is the synthetic atf that Ford came out with in 1997. SO if you want non-synthetic you would use Dexron III/Mercon and if you wnat synthetic it would be Mercon V. If you look at most Dexron III atf sold it is labeled Dexron III/Mercon as they are equivalent.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_0197 View Post
    Mga Sir. Ok lang gamitin ko Castrol Dextron III ATF para sa Civic VTI ? kasi nakabili na ko..... I understand maganda iton Castrol ? please advise. ?
    Yes that is okay to use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
ATF  Dextron II  vs  Dextron III   ????