New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    4d56 turbo , timing problem , after setting the timing marks on the crank diesel pump and cam i turn the motor over one full turn and realign the crank timing mark but the cam and injector pump are 180 degrees out , i tun the motor over one more turn and all the marks in the correct place , does any one know what is causing this problem and how to fix it please

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Bro, I suggest you also post this in The Workshop. It is thread dedicated to queries like this. Dami ka rin matututunan dun

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rickytaz View Post
    4d56 turbo , timing problem , after setting the timing marks on the crank diesel pump and cam i turn the motor over one full turn and realign the crank timing mark but the cam and injector pump are 180 degrees out , i tun the motor over one more turn and all the marks in the correct place , does any one know what is causing this problem and how to fix it please

Normal lang yan.

Normally ang can at yung injection pump ay gumagana half the speed of the crankshaft. hindi na silang lahat ay pare-parehos.

For example. if the crankshaft rotates at 1000 rpm then the cam and injection pump only rotetes at 1/2 the speed of the crankshaft.

kung di m pa ma get's, imagine yung cycle sa makina. d ba ang piston ay tumataas at bumababa ng dalawang beses para ma complete ang isang combustion cycle. at ang cam naman ay isa lang dahil ang cam ay makagawa na ng i combustion cycle i 1rev. which means mayroon na ng intake at exhaust ang nangyayari sa isang cycle ng cam. same with the injection pump.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    How often should the timing be checked/done for diesel engines? Sa mga relatively newer diesels ba (like sa Gen 1.1 D-Max) inaadjust pa rin 'to? TY.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very seldom. di ko pa na pa timing yun pajero (previously owned) and patrol (present) na gamit ko. may knock yan and mahina ang hatak pag nawala sa timing, very obvious yun. di ko lang alam sa newer engine but my guess is almost no maintenance na ang timing nun, unless you fiddle with it and can't return it to the original settings.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Engine timing marks are precise in positions no need to check them especially in gear type. In belt and chain type a scheduled replacement is a must to maintain proper timing and avoid very costly repairs. Injection pump timing is more related to calibration. Cam, crankshaft and injection pump must always be aligned through its markings accordingly.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; September 13th, 2007 at 12:40 PM.

4d56 timing problem help please