New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    It is based on a military chassis with the heritage of the 469 which is like their Hummer or Jeep (Willy's thing) in Russia. There is this saying that, "Cars are not luxury but means of transportation" A fact why Russia has been producing 1960's looking cars and technology til now. But thanks to other partners from outside, the assembly line is now in the 90's. If we think, Mercedes are like tanks, but Russian cars such as UAZ, GAZ, VAZ and Moskvich to name a few are literally like tanks except mechanically. (You may be interested in seeing Top Gears - Communist car test). There is also a saying that UAZ cars can go anywhere that other cars can't go. It's true, the simple and reliable mechanical are very easy to fix, though not as reliable as any Japanese manufacturer, any Russian driver is a mechanic because there is another saying that "If you buy a Russian vehicle, you will be an auto mechanic in no time" - That is because Russian cars are mostly DIY's.

Here's a good old picture of a UAZ 469

And a modern version, UAZ Hunter fitted with dashboard, better instrument panel and comfortable seats as a luxury version.

Rumor says that the price of the UAZ Hunter in the Russian market is at near $6000.00, not bad compared to the Chinese we get here aye?!

*You know lately I have been hooked' by the history of UAZ after playing the UAZ 4X4 game (been addicted to 4X4 games ) and it hooked me again by reading a little bit of Russian history and contacting some 'brothers' in Russia. I think it's a wonderful country, hopefully, they can as with us find peace as well.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    One of my favorites is the UAZ 3162

Still based on the 469 model but with better comfort and more upscale model. It can carry 9 passengers and it's cheaper than a Mitsubishi Adventure! This was replaced by their latest model - the UAZ Patriot.

The Patriot seats 9, has two fuel tanks. It has a more powerful and economical engine, all solid axles (Front and rear) and a rumored price in under $15,000.
    Last edited by drey; December 26th, 2008 at 09:01 PM.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Seems like similar rendering to the LC70....or a Third World version of a Land Rover.....which is not bad at all.

Perhaps better than the Chinese copycats.

These types of cars are what we need in the countryside.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    russian products are known for their robustness and bang for the buck. hell, if it's built in russia, it's suppose to survive weather extremes. they even built one to compete alongside a subaru. (although i'm mostly interested with their planes)
    Last edited by safeorigin; December 26th, 2008 at 09:44 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last edited by yebo; December 26th, 2008 at 10:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ooh nice, a superiorly robust suv without the pricetag of a hummer but with an armor of an APC. /me want one

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEA0IPhrcL0"]YouTube - Russian UAZ & German BMW Starting ambitious campaign in Russia[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    this one is a nice 4wd.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gotta love Russians!!! Especially their games!
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yeah, i kinda like their philosophy. simplest design equally effective or better on their american, european et al counterparts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
UAZ (Russian 4X4's)