New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 109 of 131 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1301
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Guys, saan okay/mura magpascan ng Vectra 2.5 A/T?

Laging may check engine light/electronics indicator, brake lamp fuse check (pero may ilaw naman yung brake lamp, ang nawala yung lighter...) tapos yung konsumo sabi sa screen 2.5KM/L na, from 4.5KM/L!

Pansin ko wala din yung temp readings sa screen. Baka sensor problems? (MAF, oxygen, temp?) O madumi lang?

Nangyari din minsan walang response sa kahit anong gear (D, 1, 2, etc.), pero naka-on parin ang engine, at ayaw umandar kapag tinapakan yung throttle (parang nakatapak ka lang sa clutch at nag-rev kung sa M/T). In-off ko makina sandali tapos start uli, meron na ulit gear!

Pahabol, mga magkano din kaya yung sensors?

Salamat!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkist View Post
    Hi,

Have someone tried reading ECU fault codes without using a TECH1 or TECH2 reader?

I am no mechanic wizard but I found this topic very interesting.

http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_...ault_codes.htm

Yesterday, I had my Astra 2001 scanned at a GM Alabang for 1100 PHP though their quote was higher. They told me my ECU had a defect and needs to be replaced. Since the quote is from GM casa, the cost to replace is high.

Did some of you had the same situation? What was your experience with an Astra that had an ECU problem?

Thanks.
    Yup. Paper clip test ang term for that :-) In other forums (AOC & VxON), below year model 2000 yung pwede dyan. For newer models, pedal test ang pwede:

Insert the key in the ignition, then fully depress both the brake and accelerator pedals, turn the key to the second turn position (don't start the engine).. kung san yung mileage is displayed it will display ECN****** (where * is a number from 0-9).. just list down the numbers, yun ang fault code/s ECN000000 means there is no fault code..

HTH

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by majinbu14 View Post
    Mauzon,

Kahit saan talyer or car service pwede mag papalit ng ATF. Pero mas okay siguro kung sa service center para ma tanggal most ng ATF sa transmission.

Talyer labor cost - P150-250
    Total Dexron 3 ATF - P170 each x (you need at least 4 or 5 liters)

-- all in all mga P1,050 to P1,200

Better use branded Dexron 3 ATF rather yung mga parang dito lang ni pack na ATF na meron nakalagay na Dexron 3 (mga around P130/P140 per liter) pero kung pang hugas lang pwede mo un pang hugas muna bago mo ilagay ung branded na Dexron 3.
    Maraming Salamat!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi Guys!

What brand is the recommended air filter for OPEL Astra 2001? Do you know where I can buy one?

I saw mine under the hood. Very dirty na. Square in shape siya. Kaya minsan parang sinisunok pag nag accelerate.

Just for maintenance purpose, how often do we change the air filter?

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkist View Post
    Hi Guys!

What brand is the recommended air filter for OPEL Astra 2001? Do you know where I can buy one?

I saw mine under the hood. Very dirty na. Square in shape siya. Kaya minsan parang sinisunok pag nag accelerate.

Just for maintenance purpose, how often do we change the air filter?

Thanks.
    WIX brand gamit ko.. PM mo si tbonegwapito..

Usually sabay ko sa tune-up (every 5k kms yata).. Once pa lang ako nagpalit since nakuha ko yung ride ko :-) wala pa 5k tinakbo since last Dec 2010 lang ako nag.pa-tune up..

Meron din pollen or cabin filter for the aircon naman.. Bilstein naman brand, naka.2 palit na ko since Dec 2009..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Had a bad 2 weeks with my Opel and as a result my pants do not have pockets to speak of anymore...

Two weeks ago after Sunday Mass my Astra inexplicably went into hard starting... When it finaly came to life the check engine light came up, the idle was very very rough and there was a tapping sound from the engine. Since the house was about 2km from the church I chanced nursing the car back home, only to die on me 70 meters from home. It finally reached home after a push and upon opening the bonnet, I saw that the crankshaft pulley was at an odd angle...

I called my mechanic and he said it's most likely the crankshaft gear, which is behind the crankshaft pulley. To make the long story short, not only did the crankshaft gear's dowel (which holds the crankshaft pulley) fail but as a result, the valves also failed and bent. Upon restart the engine sounded much like a steam engine...

So off it went to the nearby mechanic who's adept in handling things German. A compression test was made and cylinders 1 and 2 were kaput but 3 and 4 were still ok... A complete top overhaul was then made which included new valves, new valve seals, new gaskets etc etc etc... Since the mechanic was, as the term implies, just a mechanic he was able to restart it but the various electronics and modules are not talking really well... So off I went, chugging engine and all to my original, reliable mechanic in Paco where he did a scan, corrected a lot of the reassembly, found a few more faults and corrected them...

Now the car's singing Hosannas and Alleluia's again for his resurrection... Breakdown of expenses is as follows:

Parts for the top overhaul including all fluids and ancillaries: PhP 27000
    Labor for the overhaul: PhP 7500
    Labor for the mechanic in Paco: PhP 1500

Oh and before I forget, his auto tranny was visited by gremlins before Christmas... An overhaul of the tranny was done as well as a replacement for the torque converter.

Auto tranny overhaul: PhP 33000
    Torque converter: PhP 12000

Bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Would appreciate if you could list down the parts used, it's cost and where it was bought for future reference. What caused the breakdown? I assume some machine shop work was done? And who did your tranny overhaul? I can sympathize with you. Something similar happened to me 2 yrs ago and my Astra had only done 24k at the time. The water pump pulley gave way, causing the timing belt to slip off, and the valves dropped into the cylinders. Bent valves. Word of advice....when this happens, stop car immediately and turn off engine. Do not attempt to restart.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi all, new Opel Astra owner here.

I got it second hand(at the very least) and am really excited about the car.

This will be the first car I bought myself and am hoping the investment is worth it.

I have no worries about the body but the A/T is delayed and jumps when moving from stationary position.

Also, The 3 light does not come on when I switch in to 3.

Any tips for driving a A/T? can i drive it like a manual? go from 1st-2nd-3rd-D?

The car also has 128k on it? should i get the timing belt checked out and how much will it cost? kaya ba ito gawin sa petron?

Thanks!!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Helter_Skelter View Post
    Guys, saan okay/mura magpascan ng Vectra 2.5 A/T?

Laging may check engine light/electronics indicator, brake lamp fuse check (pero may ilaw naman yung brake lamp, ang nawala yung lighter...) tapos yung konsumo sabi sa screen 2.5KM/L na, from 4.5KM/L!

Pansin ko wala din yung temp readings sa screen. Baka sensor problems? (MAF, oxygen, temp?) O madumi lang?

Nangyari din minsan walang response sa kahit anong gear (D, 1, 2, etc.), pero naka-on parin ang engine, at ayaw umandar kapag tinapakan yung throttle (parang nakatapak ka lang sa clutch at nag-rev kung sa M/T). In-off ko makina sandali tapos start uli, meron na ulit gear!

Pahabol, mga magkano din kaya yung sensors?

Salamat!
    Sir, naayos na ba yung problem ng auto? The same din kasi nangyayari sa Opel ko. Kaukukuha ko lang sa kanya...first car ko.

Salamat.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I know I might get a warning for this but here goes nothing:

For those interested in buying an Opel Astra G Caravan click here

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by majinbu14 View Post
    Hi guys!

I just want to share that my Opel Vectra 98 Wagon has been fixed. After many weeks of sharing my concerns , suggestions, recommendations etc... finally it has been fixed!

I thought ni indian ako ni Mang Boy ng Fronte, hindi pala!! He lost his cellphone and good thing naka line cya kaya napalitan din.
    To make the story short, we met kaninang morning. He checked my car and made sure that all sensors are working and in the right socket. Whoa! Nakaka reverse na ang auto ko! Finally! Naka reverse cya ng mag isa. Unlike before na makakapag reverse ka lang pag umandar muna.
    Nag test drive kami and he gave us a lot of tips regarding Opel. Hindi na din nahirapan umarangkada. Good thing na hindi ako nagpadala agad na palitan ang tranny.
    He also told me to check ang left side ng tires cause medyo may problem sa caliper.
    Good job kay Mang Boy!
    Sir, pwede mahingi number ni mang boy? san yung Fronte? QC area ako.
    Thanks!

Unofficial Opel Club! Calling all Opel Boys!