New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hello folks! Baguhan po ako dito and ask ko sana kung mayrun mga reviews/comments dito regarding Sentra-Exalta 2002 models...'Was eyeing one with the AT tranny with sunroof. Gusto ko sana malaman some first-hand experience from owners of this model. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dami na po, please do a search...

Just bought an exalta 2000 STA black with sunroof. man, talk about experience,..this model rocks!...i love the sunroof by the day, moon roof by the night...hehehe...nice quiet engine, all leather seats!...man! optitron instrument panel(speedometer)...white back ground pag day and blue backlight pag sa gabi...whew!...auto-aircon? anofa?..patent ng nissan kotse lamig ata yan! yep!..climate control....rear sensor?..yes!.i find this sensor very helpful...minsan drive ka na lang pa-atras ng di mo alam na may maliit na bagay natatamaan sa likod..with sensors...no problem dude!
    and one last thing...talk about power...gli's will eat dusts!

city

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    Just bought an exalta 2000 STA black with sunroof. man, talk about experience,..this model rocks!...i love the sunroof by the day, moon roof by the night...hehehe...nice quiet engine, all leather seats!...man! optitron instrument panel(speedometer)...white back ground pag day and blue backlight pag sa gabi...whew!...auto-aircon? anofa?..patent ng nissan kotse lamig ata yan! yep!..climate control....rear sensor?..yes!.i find this sensor very helpful...minsan drive ka na lang pa-atras ng di mo alam na may maliit na bagay natatamaan sa likod..with sensors...no problem dude!

city

the Nissan Sentra Exalta 2000 STA 1.6L (grabe haba ng pangalan!) is actually slower simply because of all the luxury equiptment onboard (which makes is heavy) and also because of the a/t tranny.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 9th, 2006 at 05:25 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by city

city
    Cool, Would you mind to post specs about your car? Thanks dud

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We just sold ours recently for d/p on a new car.

The 2002 Sentra N16 has the QG16DE engine and it uses some parts similar to the GA16 engines so usual maintainance like change oils and tune-ups isnt that costly. Power is pretty nice on the low RPM range and it can hit a 175kph on the expressway (speed is limited by the party pooper ECU which cuts off the fuel pump when you hit 180). It averaged around 8++ km/L in the city.

Space in the rear is less then what one would find in the Corolla Altis 2001-present and the Civic. The door locks and power antenna is also prone to malfunctioning (POS Taiwan-Yulon parts if you ask me, never had those problems with our older Japan parts based Nissans).

The suspension is also tuned on the soft side and if you don't upgrade the rear shocks to gas ones (Paraut gas costs around 1.5K*), you'll be bottoming out the rear suspension when you hit bumps with the rear loaded.

The engine MAF sensor is also very sensitive to dirt so it has to be cleaned every 10,000kms with electric contact cleaner (pretty simple procedure and a lot of owners arent aware of this); if you don't it will result in poor engine performance and decreased fuel mileage.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    city,
    AFAIK, the STA model doesnt have optitron gauges. what they have (white background blue lit numbers) are called reverse indiglos.

zechs, you're probably right.

vinj says it all..i agree...i noticed the shocks kinda bottomed out when loaded on the rear....i will try and upgrade to gas...thanks vinj!....and ghosthunter is correct too.

mfo...what was posted is all there is about exalta...for me it's kinda cool...it's really nothing compared to other cars..but talk about me geting a car like this it's actually a treat!...hehehe...first time kasi.

thanks,

city

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj, where'd you get the Paraut gas?you think Yen has them? also, where to go for MAF cleaning? these are great tips you're giving. thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MAF cleaning sprayan mo lang konting contact cleaner yung sensor pwede na. Never touch it physically.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Nissan Sentra Exalta 2002 Reviews