New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 124 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2898
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    tahimik dito ah.

share ko lang: gusto ko palitan ng drop in air filter yung navara namin, I checked with K&N buti nalang pina test fit ko out of 3 models not one would fit properly. Either mahaba ng bahagya or makitid funny thing is pang navara daw talaga yun. So now I'm looking at VTX filters mas mura pa pero when I called their number (nasa Philippine Star) out of stock naman so I still have to wait a week before I can proceed.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i wouldn't use filters that use oil, that darn oil just goes to the throttle body along with the dirt making it practically useless. But thats just me :D

Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    tahimik dito ah.

share ko lang: gusto ko palitan ng drop in air filter yung navara namin, I checked with K&N buti nalang pina test fit ko out of 3 models not one would fit properly. Either mahaba ng bahagya or makitid funny thing is pang navara daw talaga yun. So now I'm looking at VTX filters mas mura pa pero when I called their number (nasa Philippine Star) out of stock naman so I still have to wait a week before I can proceed.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my latest mod.............

blacked out nissan burger using VHT night shades and red touch up paint for the nissan letters

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Been using hurricane drop in filter for my nav for more than a year now. Im very much satisfied with its performance and filtration

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    For sale - M/T EGR tube..

lol

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    haha! sir, ano yung bina block dyan? yung nasa right or left?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    haha! sir, ano yung bina block dyan? yung nasa right or left?
    Its either side. Actually mine already got blocked in the intake-side but i dont want a useless part hanging around so i decided to remove the tube.

Got challenged with that very tight nut, took me up to night in my garage..

The trick i used..

tight nut - spammer - crowbar - car jack..

Yes.. i literaly used a crowbar to remove a tight nut..hehe

After spending 3hours in that tight nut, realized im barely halfway in blocking the exhaust-side..

Hope some machine shop is still open this Sunday to cut that 4.5mm stainless sheet..or else another challenge for me to cut with a jig...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Some more pics:

Intake side

Exhaust side

The nut moved a little so i have to wind it back.. How am i supposed to do that with that alternator blocking??#*?

Star/torx socket in place...

OK i need a super thin wrench...

Ok i dont have a super thin wrench... vice grip would do, hope the starkey wouldnt break.

Hayy..im mechanically challenged.. What a great way to spend a vacation

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Update nga pala regarding air filter.. Do not buy Sakura brand, the lip of the plastic housing is warped.. replacing with gasket wouldnt fix the problem since the lip doesnot lay flat to the filter box..
    Filters 101 paper-element sofar so good, but i have to use the OEM rubber gasket because rubber has some leaks..

Also, spent some 100 kms on my new brake pads, sofar so good.. no brake dust, no brake fade, no squeals..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Update nga pala regarding air filter.. Do not buy Sakura brand, the lip of the plastic housing is warped.. replacing with gasket wouldnt fix the problem since the lip doesnot lay flat to the filter box..
    Filters 101 paper-element sofar so good, but i have to use the OEM rubber gasket because rubber has some leaks..

Also, spent some 100 kms on my new brake pads, sofar so good.. no brake dust, no brake fade, no squeals..

what a way to spend it indeed I guess some of your muscles is kinda aching right now....

BTW, wouldn't the blocking of EGR be sensed by the onboard computer and make the check engine light lit?

because in my case, some of the things I read in the international triton forums indicates that it would trigger the
    check engine light and some others doesn't and works completely as well as nothing had been put in, I just don't know if we do it here....

also if I may ask, where did you bought the break pads? i'm guessing its also available for the strada? and other brands as well?