New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 201 of 248 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2471
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Guys help ulit, Ano po ma-recommend niyong brand ng Shock Mounting ng exalta STA? May naririnig akong tumutunog kapag nadaan sa mga bato na maliit at kapag lumiliko ako. Nag-look na ako sa youtube at yun ang pinipin-point nila yun ang sira. Pa-advise naman po kung ano at kung saan makaka-kuha, Replacement, What brand or go to surplus na OEM. TY

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rosean View Post
    Hi Dr. D., another problem developed. While driving in traffic tumaas ang temp ng exalta ko. I turned off the a/c and bumalik sa normal. I stopped by the nearest gasoline station and nagpalagay ng tubig sa radiator - ung reservoir puno po ng water (yun po yung plastic container beside the radiator right?). Nilagyan lang po ng water yung radiator then everything is ok. Normal na ulit po yung temp till I got home.

Possible po kayang kulang lang sa tubig (Kasi mga ilang araw ko nagamit yung auto na nde ko naglagay ng water) or my underlying problem na po?

Btw, one of the fans were replaced last year. Same problem din taas temp pag on ang a/c.

Thank you in advance po! My car is driving me nuts!!!!!
    my guess, is that your other fan needs replacement.
    when one of my aux fans died, the mechanic in the casa said i should have the other one replaced also. of course i did not believe him, thinking it was just a ploy... "umi-ikot pa naman!" well, a few weeks after that, my other fan died.. and the manifestation was.. overheating.!
    the coolant in the overflow cannister would remain full, until all that steam from the radiator would have boiled away the coolant inside it..
    i guess, when one fan dies, the other is not far behind..
    btw, even if the fan is still rotating, its rpm may already be slowing down. the mechanic showed me just fast a new one rotated, and compared to how mine was. it was pretty convincing, that i replaced mine even if it still rotated "fine enough"..
    and oh! there's that short rubber hose less than 4 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.. it's hiding under the intake manifold on the front-passenger-side.. when it springs a leak, it is very difficult to detect until it's "too late".
    another cause of leak, is the water pump. now, this one is also hard to detect, because it is hidden from view by that mass of wiring and metal above it.. it is located between the engine block and the right shock tower housing.. but i thought it happened often enough, as it was the first thing the mechanic looked for..
    last, have your radiator checked for leak.
    to summarize:
    1. aux fans.
    2. hose.
    3. water pump.
    4. radiator.
    happy hunting.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 31st, 2014 at 12:25 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my guess, is that your other fan needs replacement.
    when one of my aux fans died, the mechanic in the casa said i should have the other one replaced also. of course i did not believe him, thinking it was just a ploy... "umi-ikot pa naman!" well, a few weeks after that, my other fan died.. and the manifestation was.. overheating.!
    the coolant in the overflow cannister would remain full, until all that steam from the radiator would have boiled away the coolant inside it..
    i guess, when one fan dies, the other is not far behind..
    btw, even if the fan is still rotating, its rpm may already be slowing down. the mechanic showed me just fast a new one rotated, and compared to how mine was. it was pretty convincing, that i replaced mine even if it still rotated "fine enough"..
    and oh! there's that short rubber hose less than 4 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.. it's hiding under the intake manifold on the front-passenger-side.. when it springs a leak, it is very difficult to detect until it's "too late".
    another cause of leak, is the water pump. now, this one is also hard to detect, because it is hidden from view by that mass of wiring and metal above it.. it is located between the engine block and the right shock tower housing.. but i thought it happened often enough, as it was the first thing the mechanic looked for..
    last, have your radiator checked for leak.
    to summarize:
    1. aux fans.
    2. hose.
    3. water pump.
    4. radiator.
    happy hunting.
    Thanks ulit Dr. D. so far nde na ulit nag overheat but I'll still have it check this weekend. Btw, m using just regular water for my radiator since the day I got the car. I just read lately that most owners are using coolant... I better switch to coolant asap right? do i need to have my radiator overhauled or just flushing will do?

Thank you ulit for replying to my noob questions. God bless po!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rosean View Post
    Thanks ulit Dr. D. so far nde na ulit nag overheat but I'll still have it check this weekend. Btw, m using just regular water for my radiator since the day I got the car. I just read lately that most owners are using coolant... I better switch to coolant asap right? do i need to have my radiator overhauled or just flushing will do?

Thank you ulit for replying to my noob questions. God bless po!
    Hi rosean. i have a somewhat related problem for my grandeur but i believe mine is electrical which tricks my sensors as it goes up as high as 3/4 after a few kilometers then immediately goes back to normal again after 5-8 seconds during night driving. my advice for you is to just drain your radiator and apply coolant. that is if your radiator is still okay. meaning no rust, clogged, or holes. drain your radiator then fill it tap water from your garden hose while the drain plug is still out. drain all the water inside until you see clear water pouring out of your radiator. do this with your engine running be sure that there is constant water flowing inside your radiator and engine to avoid damage to your engine. turn off your engine and tighten radiator drain plug. i used 1 liter of coolant (i tried wiz the color green coolant) then tap water for the rest. that makes it a 1:4 ratio of coolant to water. start your engine again still with radiator cap off. you will notice that your radiator will "burp". thats the air inside your engine. continue filling your radiator with water until its full.

if the symptoms still persist, you might consider radiator overhaul. hth

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Hi Masters,

Just updating all those kind guys who were very patient in answering all my car troubles.

1. Toktok sound coming from the right rear wheel - as per advice of Dr. D., I had someone check it and he found out that the nuts that holds the tire in place are loose. They just tightened it and the annoying sound went away.

2. Temp rises while ac is on. I was advised to have the radiator flushed and switched to coolant from regular tap water. I'll get this done asap.

Thank you to all the patient and helpful guys who answered my noob queries. More power and God bless!!!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Mga sir,

Good day sa inyo. I recently bought an old 2002 Exalta model kaso yung driver seat door mejo mahirap isara ang pinto. Ano po ba ang solution dito or saan ba pwede ipaayos ang ganitong issue

-new user ng nissan and new with cars in general.

Salamat sa inyo at sa tulong.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by xtian3 View Post
    Mga sir,

Good day sa inyo. I recently bought an old 2002 Exalta model kaso yung driver seat door mejo mahirap isara ang pinto. Ano po ba ang solution dito or saan ba pwede ipaayos ang ganitong issue

-new user ng nissan and new with cars in general.

Salamat sa inyo at sa tulong.
    I've read somewhere na either misaligned yung door mo o kaya yung copper bushing. ganyan din yung akin 01 na grandeur kaso ang nagloko naman yung 2 rear doors. copper bushing yung problema parang hindi nagllock tumatalbog lang.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomejann View Post
    I've read somewhere na either misaligned yung door mo o kaya yung copper bushing. ganyan din yung akin 01 na grandeur kaso ang nagloko naman yung 2 rear doors. copper bushing yung problema parang hindi nagllock tumatalbog lang.
    the copper bushing is for the hinges, right?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Ask ko lang po sir. San ba shop may nabibiling nankang tires size 185/65/14 papalitan ko na po kasi yun tires ng nissan exalta ko. Salamat po sa mga makakatulong.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *frey,

Can't go wrong with OEM. Pero you can try Denso Iridiums since it has a longer service life. If may performance benefits and better FC bonus na lang yun.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Nissan exalta club