New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hello mga ka-tsikot, nag change engine po kami ng aming nissan sentra 97 model from B14 to GA16...

1st......magkano po ba ang standard labor cost ng change engine.

2nd..... since from B14 to GA16, parehas lang ba ang electrical system nun like computer box, ala kayang maging problem?

3rd..... sabi ng mech. halos parehas lang daw ng Fuel consumption yung 2 engine mas latest lang daw yung 1.6cc

4rth..... mabebenta ko ba ang pinagpalitang engine at saan kung sakali?

salamat sa mga sasagot, God bless po.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Note: B14 is the chassis code. GA16 is an engine code. Perhaps you're talking about GA14 to GA16?

1st - no idea of current cost. Been way too long. Wouldn't be surprised if it was something like 25-40k.

2nd - Different computer boxes. Might be possilbe to just plug and play into the harness if they're both built for the same chassis.

3rd - If your GA14 is fuel injected, it's more economical, but the difference shouldn't be that big. If it's carbureted... then the GA16 should have the same economy or better. If I recall, all GA14s with the B14 are fuel injected.

4th - Yes. Won't get much for it. Maybe 5-10k. Again, it's been very long, so I could be wrong.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Note: B14 is the chassis code. GA16 is an engine code. Perhaps you're talking about GA14 to GA16?

1st - no idea of current cost. Been way too long. Wouldn't be surprised if it was something like 25-40k.

2nd - Different computer boxes. Might be possilbe to just plug and play into the harness if they're both built for the same chassis.

3rd - If your GA14 is fuel injected, it's more economical, but the difference shouldn't be that big. If it's carbureted... then the GA16 should have the same economy or better. If I recall, all GA14s with the B14 are fuel injected.

4th - Yes. Won't get much for it. Maybe 5-10k. Again, it's been very long, so I could be wrong.

thanks sa reply bossing,

yes sir GA14 into GA16....fuel injected yung luma, bale kasi hindi na tsek maige ng mekaniko na GA16 pala yung natingnan sa WH ng surplus shop at naideliver.

mean to say sir na mas more fuel economical ang GA16 kesa GA14? or its the other way around?....mech. charged me 8k for labor cost (just know it recently).

I hope plug and play nga lang sana ang electricals nya para alang problema. currently installing pa lang ang engine eh.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you're not the "makalikot" type, I'd suggest you sell your GA14 and get a GA16 equipped B14 instead. Less hassle, safer too. You might actually end up spending less. You'd have to deal with paperwork either way. Getting a stock GA16 Sentra means you get more features too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GTi; August 30th, 2014 at 11:59 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If you're not the "makalikot" type, I'd suggest you sell your GA14 and get a GA16 equipped B14 instead. Less hassle, safer too. You might actually end up spending less. You'd have to deal with paperwork either way. Getting a stock GA16 Sentra means you get more features too.

Done na po....ipapa-computer na lang daw dahil magka iba ang computer box nya sabi ng mech. B14 with GA16DE na po sya...hopefully lumabas na sya sa talyer nxt week.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentos View Post
    Done na po....ipapa-computer na lang daw dahil magka iba ang computer box nya sabi ng mech. B14 with GA16DE na po sya...hopefully lumabas na sya sa talyer nxt week.
    Ah. Hindi ba kasama ang computer box sa replacement engine?