New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    The 4x2 is quite underpowered. Konteng apak lang magrrev up to 3k rpm na without any significant acceleration. Not sure kung may sport mode siya pero alam ko may eco mode which can be used in bumper to bumper traffic to save on fuel. And yes, sobrang liit talaga ng 3rd row na even me as a 5'4" person will feel very cramped. My knees were almost close to my face so it would be best left for the kids pag maraming tao ang sakay. Medyo mahirap rin ang ingress doon lalo na pag bata pa ang sasakay (not sure kung nagttumble yung seats, folded lang kasi seats nung pumasok ako. Can't say much about fuel economy since inikot lang siya sa may seaside part ng MoA.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *sachiel
    Nice review. Good enough package I think, but it would've been better if they included the other features they left out. Even Indonesia is getting the power liftgate. I found the leather upholstery to be a bit hard too.

*Louie
    The 2nd row folds flat and slides forward to assist access to the 3rd row. It is really cramped, a kids only affair for sure.

Yes the waiting list for the 4x4 is long, I'm starting to think it might be better to hold off the purchase til January, at least it'll be acquired in 2015 instead of 2014.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *sachiel
    Nice review. Good enough package I think, but it would've been better if they included the other features they left out. Even Indonesia is getting the power liftgate. I found the leather upholstery to be a bit hard too.

*Louie
    The 2nd row folds flat and slides forward to assist access to the 3rd row. It is really cramped, a kids only affair for sure.

Yes the waiting list for the 4x4 is long, I'm starting to think it might be better to hold off the purchase til January, at least it'll be acquired in 2015 instead of 2014.
    Yup, the package is sufficient for the P1.5M price bracket. It easily undercuts the Forester 2.0 Premium and the RAV4 2L full option. They could have added the power liftgate or electric seats in the 4x4 model. Stick with the cloth seats then get a seat cover for free.

I'm actually waiting for your full review once you get your unit. Nissan P. Tamo has a black 4x4 unit available. No one is buying the copper color. They should have brought the Tempest Blue or the Green one. They also extended the promo till end of November so it is still a good value.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    That orange color hasn't been popular since the 90's Civic SiR. The blue and green are both nicer and will sell much better I think. I hope they bring in the grey as well. The green is very unique though, it would've done really well as a flagship color (of sorts) for this new model. The current crop of colors won't excite anyone as they are readily available in other makes.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    That orange color hasn't been popular since the 90's Civic SiR. The blue and green are both nicer and will sell much better I think. I hope they bring in the grey as well. The green is very unique though, it would've done really well as a flagship color (of sorts) for this new model. The current crop of colors won't excite anyone as they are readily available in other makes.
    Yah, even the copper color of Explorer isn't selling that well. Customers buy it because they have no choice. Mas marami pa color choices yun MID sa dashboard. Grey is also ok here. I'm actually surprised with the red color since it's been a while that color became popular here. People got tired of black since I see more white cars lately.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fortallmighty View Post
    pangit ng new Xtrail... very disappointed... will wait for the New Murano nalang..
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr... can you please elaborate? so's we can compare with the others' comments (see above).
    Had a base 4x2 loaner for a week.
    Notable things are:

Negative:
    -revs the sh!t up but accelerates like a snail.
    -you must work hard if you wanna pass somebody in a highway
    -dark, plasticky cabin and uninspired interior
    -cheap cloth seats which is hard to clean if gets dusty
    -has manual mode to fool you that it has sport mode
    -average fuel economy for a CVT

Positive:
    -i like the DRLs and the body styling
    -shows actual speed in digits when in cruise
    -can increase/decrease speed digitally

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    This!

Notable things are:

Negative:

Positive:
    What is your reference car? or your own vehicle?

most vehicles in this segment are plasticky
    any base model have cloth seats

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I am interested in the zero-gravity seats, does it really work? or just a marketing gimmick?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Below are reviews of the zero-gravity seats. I think is just a different term for "memory foam"

you sink into the "zero-gravity" seats rather than sit on them, and they're well-bolstered and supportive
    --Top Gear PH

it's the NASA-inspired ‘zero gravity’ front bucket seats that you'll love the most. They're designed to approach the relaxed ‘neutral posture’ the human body assumes in a weightless environment. we can say that they're surprisingly comfortable for the long haul, especially for midsize-sedan class cars."
    -- Kelley Blue Book
    Drivers and front passengers of all shapes and sizes should have no problem finding their comfort zone in the standard NASA-inspired ‘zero gravity’ front seats, which are remarkably well-shaped and supportive
    --Edmunds

MT's resident tall guy, Zach Gale (just over 6 foot 4), approves of the rear legroom with the driver's seat in his normal position
    -- Motor Trend (2013)

Front-seat comfort is excellent, thanks to newly designed buckets. Supportive and soft, the seats have a memory-foam-like feel that embraces your body with a delightfully uniform pressure.
    -- Car and Driver (2013)

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    This!

Notable things are:

Negative:

Positive:
    I'm curious to try out the 2L variant. The 1st gen Xtrail 2L doesn't feel underpowered before. If it's the same as the 2L CX5, then I think its ok as it also needs to rev high to get to speed.

As for the cabin, its normal for cars below P2M to have some plastics. Even the Sta Fe and Explorer have a plasticky feel. For the competiton? RAV4, and CRV have more plastics than the 2nd gen Xtrail. I recommend you buy the Q5, NX, and Evoque instead. You won't be disappointed with these CUVs.