New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 87 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Only reason cvt is gaining popularity is the fuel efficiency benefit. 3 or 4 years from now we will probably see mazda and chevy and ford with cvt also. LOL
    Everyone will be shifting to CVT sooner or later. The fuel efficiency alone is enough to convince buyers.

Lack of sporty feel and kickdown compared to a traditional AT or MT? NOONE CARES.

I care a lot but I'm a very small minority. Most Filipino car buyers don't give a rat's ass about handling. And why should they, especially when they're stuck in traffic and slow city speeds 90% of the time. Even on SLEX/NLEX the average Juan can't appreciate a fine handling car, but they can appreciate a fuel efficient car 100% of the time.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    May high-res ka bro? Di ko mabasa.
    Sorry wala ako high-res pics bro!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Re: missing features, too bad. It would've set this thing apart from the field. Even the 4x4 seems to be a hard choice compared to competitors like the base CX-5 and Forester. Comparing base models the Forester has much better low end torque, space and build quality. If only it had a more comfortable ride it'd be a no brainer.

I'd still go for a 5 seater model with sunroof though. Hopefully that will have better space in the 2nd row. And yeah, changing the stereo to a touchscreen model with GPS will definitely help. I think the 30k will be for the brave souls who like getting first dibs on FMC units. After hearing about the teething problems of the new Santa Fe and Ranger I think foregoing the discount is ok.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Re: missing features, too bad. It would've set this thing apart from the field. Even the 4x4 seems to be a hard choice compared to competitors like the base CX-5 and Forester. Comparing base models the Forester has much better low end torque, space and build quality. If only it had a more comfortable ride it'd be a no brainer.

I'd still go for a 5 seater model with sunroof though. Hopefully that will have better space in the 2nd row. And yeah, changing the stereo to a touchscreen model with GPS will definitely help. I think the 30k will be for the brave souls who like getting first dibs on FMC units. After hearing about the teething problems of the new Santa Fe and Ranger I think foregoing the discount is ok.
    Maybe Nissan is still banking on pricing to boost sales so they stripped out some of the features. But I don't mind as long as their is an option to upgrade the features in the future. I already saw a red one in Edsa a while ago.

What problems did the new Sta Fe and Ranger have?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Maybe Nissan is still banking on pricing to boost sales so they stripped out some of the features. But I don't mind as long as their is an option to upgrade the features in the future. I already saw a red one in Edsa a while ago.

What problems did the new Sta Fe and Ranger have?
    I think the higher seats in the 2nd row is why the headroom by the windowsills are somewhat reduced. I might have been too hasty in giving the nod in interior space to the Forester. It might just be the 2nd row headroom. I should've brought my laser distance meter to be sure. We just might end up getting this new X.

With the trend these days of parts coming in as whole assemblies I'm not that hopeful of upgrading hehe. It'll be extra hard to get a sunroof. Would be great if upgrading were possible

I'll have to ask my cousin re: Santa Fe issues, from memory there's leaks in the floor when it rains, I just can't remember the rest. For the Ranger they've been having turbo issues I'm told.

Here's a link to the flyer, as high res as it can get:
    http://www.nissan.ph/~/media/Files/N...l/XTRAIL_FLyer

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    i hope hindi na malakas sa gas un new xtrail... We had the old xtrail way back in 2005-2006 and ang bilis lng ng maubos ng full tank nun..

By the way, how is the after sales service ng nissan nowadays? I know depende which dealership pero in general ok ba?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think the higher seats in the 2nd row is why the headroom by the windowsills are somewhat reduced. I might have been too hasty in giving the nod in interior space to the Forester. It might just be the 2nd row headroom. I should've brought my laser distance meter to be sure. We just might end up getting this new X.

With the trend these days of parts coming in as whole assemblies I'm not that hopeful of upgrading hehe. It'll be extra hard to get a sunroof. Would be great if upgrading were possible

I'll have to ask my cousin re: Santa Fe issues, from memory there's leaks in the floor when it rains, I just can't remember the rest. For the Ranger they've been having turbo issues I'm told.

Here's a link to the flyer, as high res as it can get:
    http://www.nissan.ph/~/media/Files/N...l/XTRAIL_FLyer
    I also saw the youtube reviews and one mentioned that the 2nd row seats is higher. I don't know right now if that is a good or a bad feature. I didn't notice the headroom either but so far it didn't bother me as much since I like to recline my seat.

If ever I only want to upgrade the head unit and the speakers. Seats are easier to upgrade to leather.

I see, but the Ranger seems to be selling good to have that turbo issues. My cousin's last gen Sta. Fe stalled 6 times so he replaced it with a Forester. It's too bad since Sta. Fe is one of the best value SUVs before.

I'm supposed to test drive it yest but Mantrade lent it to Unilab. They have the 4x4 unit because it's the Copper color.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    i hope hindi na malakas sa gas un new xtrail... We had the old xtrail way back in 2005-2006 and ang bilis lng ng maubos ng full tank nun..

By the way, how is the after sales service ng nissan nowadays? I know depende which dealership pero in general ok ba?
    Yun 2L hopefully di na malakas sa gas since it's a new engine. Yun 2.5L hindi na ako umaasa unless walang traffic everyday. :D After sales is good in my experience with 2 generations of Xtrail. One good thing about low sales of Nissan is that their service is faster and mas tutok. Since they are eager to get sales, they are more courteous to customers. Hope they won't change if their sales increase.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *sachiel
    I think the X's 2nd row has the best legroom in the segment. Baka nakakangalay lang sa mga 5'6" and below, yung tuhod kasi mas mababa sa hips.

Yung previous gen Santa Fe maganda naman, mabilis lang lumambot yung shocks. Sayang wala sya masyadong aftermarket options sa shocks.

Try calling Nissan Gallery Ortigas for a test drive. I was able to test drive both the 4x2 and 4x4 on different days. Maganda pa yung test drive route, you can go up Ortigas, turn right at Greenmeadows Ave., left at Giraffe, right at Temple Drive, then left at White Plains Ave., then U-turn back. May paakyat, paliko and straightaway. Sa Makati kasi wala akong maisip na place na maganda mag test drive. Puro traffic.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *sachiel
    I think the X's 2nd row has the best legroom in the segment. Baka nakakangalay lang sa mga 5'6" and below, yung tuhod kasi mas mababa sa hips.

Yung previous gen Santa Fe maganda naman, mabilis lang lumambot yung shocks. Sayang wala sya masyadong aftermarket options sa shocks.

Try calling Nissan Gallery Ortigas for a test drive. I was able to test drive both the 4x2 and 4x4 on different days. Maganda pa yung test drive route, you can go up Ortigas, turn right at Greenmeadows Ave., left at Giraffe, right at Temple Drive, then left at White Plains Ave., then U-turn back. May paakyat, paliko and straightaway. Sa Makati kasi wala akong maisip na place na maganda mag test drive. Puro traffic.
    So far I also like the Xtrail's 2nd row the best. Still has good visibility outside.

Same with Grand Starex. Break pads are easily worn out! There are still plenty of hit and misses with Hyundai for me.

I'm near that branch but I can still wait. Mantrade is nearer to our office kasi. Maybe Unilab will buy a fleet of Xtrails after borrowing the unit. The new Escape was announced already so it's another option but the price is near CX-5 and I hope the new units are after the 6 recalls done in the US.