New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Going for a test drive of the 4x4 tomorrow. Hope the unit arrives early. Can't wait

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Going for a test drive of the 4x4 tomorrow. Hope the unit arrives early. Can't wait
    Great! Post some feedbacks. Other dealers also got their demo unit. Saw one parked at our neighbor a while ago.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Unfortunately I only got to test the 4x2. Dealer says the 4x4 should've arrived the day before. Who knows what really goes on with these guys. I only got to drive it a couple of Km's before I got called off to an emergency and had to leave.

What I like:
    2.0 engine is ok for city driving if you're lightly loaded (3 pax). It doesn't have great acceleration but in traffic it's pretty adequate.
    Body lean in corners is minimal (for the height). Bump absorption is good, and the first row seats and left and right second row seats are really comfortable. 2nd row seats recline a bit
    Noise insulation seems to be great, huge difference when you open the windows.
    A/C is really cold, glad new Nissans are still typical of this.

What I don't like:
    Rear wheelwells have a carpet-like lining on them. These will be a pain to clean when dirty.
    2nd row left and right side headroom. It doesn't help that the upholstery near the top of the windows is thick and close to the head when the seats are not reclined.
    3rd row seats. They should've just removed them so the 2nd row could slide farther back to accommodate leggy models, este taller people.
    Halogen headlamps. It's 2014, this thing should have projectors at least.
    The width of the car reminds you that this is still a compact crossover. It's big for its segment but I can't help but ask for more. With a couple more inches of width it would've blown everything else out of the water.

I hope I can finally test drive the 4x4 next week.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unfortunately I only got to test the 4x2. Dealer says the 4x4 should've arrived the day before. Who knows what really goes on with these guys. I only got to drive it a couple of Km's before I got called off to an emergency and had to leave.

What I like:
    2.0 engine is ok for city driving if you're lightly loaded (3 pax). It doesn't have great acceleration but in traffic it's pretty adequate.
    Body lean in corners is minimal (for the height). Bump absorption is good, and the first row seats and left and right second row seats are really comfortable. 2nd row seats recline a bit
    Noise insulation seems to be great, huge difference when you open the windows.
    A/C is really cold, glad new Nissans are still typical of this.

What I don't like:
    Rear wheelwells have a carpet-like lining on them. These will be a pain to clean when dirty.
    2nd row left and right side headroom. It doesn't help that the upholstery near the top of the windows is thick and close to the head when the seats are not reclined.
    3rd row seats. They should've just removed them so the 2nd row could slide farther back to accommodate leggy models, este taller people.
    Halogen headlamps. It's 2014, this thing should have projectors at least.
    The width of the car reminds you that this is still a compact crossover. It's big for its segment but I can't help but ask for more. With a couple more inches of width it would've blown everything else out of the water.

I hope I can finally test drive the 4x4 next week.
    4x4 is fast. Drives much like the 4x2 otherwise, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Nice short review. Were you able to try the Eco mode on and off? How was the CVT feel? Is it rubbery or feels like conventional auto already?In other countries, the 5 seater is cheaper than the 7 seater. Makes me wonder if NMP should have released the 5 seater instead. How does it compare to other brands in ride and comfort? I just wish they have the option to change the head unit in the 4x2, touch screens are the norm these days.
    Last edited by sachiel; October 25th, 2014 at 01:01 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Nice short review. Were you able to try the Eco mode on and off? How was the CVT feel? Is it rubbery or feels like conventional auto already?In other countries, the 5 seater is cheaper than the 7 seater. Makes me wonder if NMP should have released the 5 seater instead. How does it compare to other brands in ride and comfort? I just wish they have the option to change the head unit in the 4x2, touch screens are the norm these days.
    it would have been a better choice to release just the 5-seater version, dami tuloy nagrereklamo sa 3rd row seats nila haha. in terms of the head unit, may available naman na head unit upgrade options sa labas

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    it would have been a better choice to release just the 5-seater version, dami tuloy nagrereklamo sa 3rd row seats nila haha. in terms of the head unit, may available naman na head unit upgrade options sa labas
    May iba kasi gusto rin ng 3rd row mainly for super emergency purposes. Sa US mas prefer nila yun 3 rows. Meron na ba available head units for this xtrail? Sa casa wala pa raw silang upgrade options ng head unit as of now. Baka next year pa cguro.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    4x4 is fast. Drives much like the 4x2 otherwise, though.
    Niky, that's good to know. Are there other differences between the test drive unit/s loaned to TGP and the 4x4 that will be sold here? The sales guy told me the 4x4 won't have a sunroof. The one in TGP had one. I'm wondering what else they could've left out.

*sachiel
    The transmission feels like a normal a/t, although I haven't driven a lot of other CVTs to compare. Maybe this CVT is just that good. No hesitation when you press on the gas. Compared to the GL Tucson it's much more comfortable.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Niky, that's good to know. Are there other differences between the test drive unit/s loaned to TGP and the 4x4 that will be sold here? The sales guy told me the 4x4 won't have a sunroof. The one in TGP had one. I'm wondering what else they could've left out.

*sachiel
    The transmission feels like a normal a/t, although I haven't driven a lot of other CVTs to compare. Maybe this CVT is just that good. No hesitation when you press on the gas. Compared to the GL Tucson it's much more comfortable.
    That's good to hear! The only CVT I drove is the Altis and it is better than my 2nd gen Xtrail. My Xtrail still has the rubbery feel with the revs not going down during shifts. Can't wait to trade my Xtrail for the new one when opportunity comes.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013

*sachiel
    sir tanong ko na rin since nakapag test drive ka ng 4x2, yung 4x4 diba may surround camera siya? sa side mirrors, front and rear? sa 4x2 ba rear lang or wala talaga?