New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletred View Post
    Per SA in Nissan Alabang, today they will start rolling out X-Trail! Can't wait to test drive and compare with cx5
    Yup been there last Saturday! The X-trail is really big! Dunno how it will compare with the sportier CX-5

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think it's almost the same as the T31 Xtrail so it won't be hard to drive. Saw a black one in P. Tamo, probably a test drive. I thought I saw the Lexus RX but was surprised that it was the new Xtrail. The DRL effect is good!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    If they release the 1.6 diesel variant here...it will price against the diesel sorento....too damn expensive lol.
    With my limited ownership of 2 Korean cars I still think there's a good gap in build quality between CBU Japanese and Korean cars. Features and build quality I would give to the X-trail even if it were priced the same as the Sorento. Sorento is a bit bigger though. Daym this X-trail's a good lookin' car. Maybe time to trade in hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    With my limited ownership of 2 Korean cars I still think there's a good gap in build quality between CBU Japanese and Korean cars. Features and build quality I would give to the X-trail even if it were priced the same as the Sorento. Sorento is a bit bigger though. Daym this X-trail's a good lookin' car. Maybe time to trade in hehe
    Some koreans are actually ok..cadenza and azera and grand santafe are awesome. It really depends on what buyers need. The xtrail interior is the best in class and its active ride control is superb as most reviews say. Im still waiting for other suvs before I buy one ;)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Some koreans are actually ok..cadenza and azera and grand santafe are awesome. It really depends on what buyers need. The xtrail interior is the best in class and its active ride control is superb as most reviews say. Im still waiting for other suvs before I buy one ;)
    Forgot to mention I can't comment on the newest gen Korean models as we don't have one. We only have a current model GS and Tucson. I'm sure the newer models are better. Just wish there were tests auto reviewers could do to predict how new cars will age. Not all new cars that tested as "good" are still good after a few tens of thousands of Kms. That's when all the niggles and jiggles come in. Too late unfortunately for the buyer. I don't know what it is exactly, but our 2 Hyundais don't feel at all as solid as our Japanese cars. All that aside, still great cars.

For this new X I'm more concerned about CVT longevity and FC. It's great that you're in the market for a new car. So many good choices right now.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Nice review. It really is a good looking car. The only thing I'd change in the exterior is the brake lights, maybe to something like on the new Pathfinder:

The ones on the X seem tentative:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Leather Seats available only for the 4x4 2.5L Xtrail priced at Php 1,599,000 but availability may vary per dealer.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    "All we can say is that if you're in the market for a brand-new compact SUV, then this one is worth looking into" - Stephanie Asi, TopGearPH
    link below

Nissan Philippines wants to go up against the big boys with the new X-Trail | TopGear.com.ph

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rommelgv14 View Post
    Leather Seats available only for the 4x4 2.5L Xtrail priced at Php 1,599,000 but availability may vary per dealer.
    The 4x4 is cloth seats by default but you can add P19k for leather. The next refresh may have default leather seats as usual. The only info I need is if you can upgrade the head unit and speakers of the 4x2 model.