New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The 3rd row seats of the X-Trail are pathetic. Ingress and egress is difficult, and there's virtually no legroom.

You have to push the 2nd row seats all the way forward to get enough legroom in the 3rd row for toddlers. But doing so will leave the second row also for toddlers only since you'll be left with hardly any legroom anymore either.

Also, the floor is way too high so you'll be sitting with your knees to your chest in the 3rd row (assuming you get yourself to fit).

Very, very poor choice to force a 3rd row on a CUV. I pity anyone who'll have to sit in the 3rd row, even for short trips. The Outlander has a much more useful 3rd row, but still nowhere compared to a Fortuner's (which already feels cramped for long drives).

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The 3rd row seats of the X-Trail are pathetic. Ingress and egress is difficult, and there's virtually no legroom.

You have to push the 2nd row seats all the way forward to get enough legroom in the 3rd row for toddlers. But doing so will leave the second row also for toddlers only since you'll be left with hardly any legroom anymore either.

Also, the floor is way too high so you'll be sitting with your knees to your chest in the 3rd row (assuming you get yourself to fit).

Very, very poor choice to force a 3rd row on a CUV. I pity anyone who'll have to sit in the 3rd row, even for short trips. The Outlander has a much more useful 3rd row, but still nowhere compared to a Fortuner's (which already feels cramped for long drives).

Really? Hay..willing pa nman sana ako maghintay ilabas ito sa november at ipagpalit sa cx5..

so you mean sir, hindi practical ang 7 seater ng new xtrail?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012

I bet madami magpapatanggal ng 3rd row seats nyan. It's nowhere the length of a Sta Fe. I think matutulad lang to dun sa CRV with 3rd row seats.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ebowme4867 View Post
    Really? Hay..willing pa nman sana ako maghintay ilabas ito sa november at ipagpalit sa cx5..

so you mean sir, hindi practical ang 7 seater ng new xtrail?
    Yup. Anyone hoping to buy it to make use of its "7" seats is up for a big disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    I bet madami magpapatanggal ng 3rd row seats nyan. It's nowhere the length of a Sta Fe. I think matutulad lang to dun sa CRV with 3rd row seats.
    CR-V has bigger rear luggage room so its 7-seater version is a little better. That said, all 3 7-seater compact CUVs (CR-V, X-Trail, and soon to be launched Outlander) have awful 3rd rows and these cars would've really been better off as 5-seaters.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    CR-V has bigger rear luggage room so its 7-seater version is a little better. That said, all 3 7-seater compact CUVs (CR-V, X-Trail, and soon to be launched Outlander) have awful 3rd rows and these cars would've really been better off as 5-seaters.
    Agree. I find the new CR-v's 3rd row as cramped already. Lalo na siguro tong sa xtrail. But come to think of it, its an upgrade that comes with the price padin so it's better to have it there and not using it than having none at all. Pwedeng iba yung version sa actual unit in production compared to the displayed unit, hopefully the 3rd row seats can be fully folded.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Pang 5 family members lang talaga sya. Pero atleast may extra 2 seats when needed. Pang emergency. Besides kapresyo naman nya ang mga 5 seater CUV so bonus na lang

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Pang 5 family members lang talaga sya. Pero atleast may extra 2 seats when needed. Pang emergency. Besides kapresyo naman nya ang mga 5 seater CUV so bonus na lang
    Di rin useful even for emergency dahil hindi nga kasya paa ng kahit sino dun.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    1.375M for the 2.0 4x2
    1.580M for the 2.5 4x4

Mejo mahal for the 2.0 4x2. I'd rather get a diesel 7 seater. Plus yung outgoing 4x2 model has almost the same pricing but sports a 2.5L

Yung TOTL naman na 2.5 4x4 IMO has competitive pricing. Hope its japan CBU.
    Last edited by leodawesome; September 22nd, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup, the 3rd row for me is just for extreme emergency use as it's practically unusable for daily use. One person lying down at the back is more comfortable so it can be a 6 seater only. But people don't buy the Xtrail for the 3rd row anyways so it's actually a bonus. I'm surprised there's a 2.0L variant because in other countries, it's all 2.5L. I think the 2.0L is better for 4x2 as my current Xtrail CVT is not fuel efficient in pure city driving. The 2nd row legroom is on par with Forester and CRV so it's still a good option for the CX5.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    cramped 3rd row like brz/86 cramped 2nd row seats?

Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast