New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Is there any bluetooth device/adaptor that we can connect to Sony? Sayang yung spotify eh.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just to update you guys.

I still have no OR/CR or plate from Nissan N.E.
    As per their update, no definite timeline if I'll be able to get it within the week. But they said the Invoice method should still work as it would be valid for 7 days from the date of invoice still. Supposedly.

As for fuel consumption.
    As per digital readout: 8.5km/l
    Average speed: 14kmph
    Actual consumption (full tank method manual compute): 8.197km/l (8.2km/l)
    Accuracy of digital FC readout: 96.44%

I would also tell fellow owners to avoid topping up at Seaoil along Araneta avenue located between Puregold QI (Erod) and SM Centerpoint(sta Mesa/Mezza). They are really cheating you of fuel topped up with on your vehicle. As I think I reported earlier for the month of October, I was forced to top up there or risk running out of fuel in the middle of my trip if I got stuck in traffic. After computing everything and comparing with digital FC readout, the accuracy tanked down to 89% (readout 9.2km/l, manual based on the volume claimed by the pump 8.2km/l) By my estimates, the total 36++ liters put into my tank had a discrepancy between 1.5 to 2liters (about 3 to 5% of the volume being displayed by the pump readout) which caused the drastic change in the accuracy readout for my vehicle. Quite a large amount of fuel if you ask me.

So I would implore everyone to avoid that gas station or you could give it a try yourselves and post your results.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sometimes, it's not the volume delivered, but rather, the quality of the fuel.
    some engines work better with a particular formulation.
    and to make figures more accurate, i would do it for several times. errors become smaller as the total volume becomes larger.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sometimes, it's not the volume delivered, but rather, the quality of the fuel.
    some engines work better with a particular formulation.
    and to make figures more accurate, i would do it for several times. errors become smaller as the total volume becomes larger.
    I would tend to agree with you however there is the fact that it is the only gas station that has skewed my results in FC readings so badly.

-Average speed within all my readings/records have been within 14 to 16kmph as the average (City driving only).
    -Other than 1 occurence (first full tank), I've always topped up with Seaoil Extreme 97.
    -If the argument is that I got "bad" fuel, then why is it that the volume as well as accuracy has always been about 92-94% with my onboard digital FC readings from the car in all instances, but when I used that specific station it tanked the results so bad that the accuracy dropped to 89%. The only instance where I had 89% accuracy was the first full tank I've done with the car.
    -I would personally not want to do it as I believe that I don't need to redo it to "check" as I'd be throwing away money for fuel I am not getting in terms of volume.
    -If other users feel that I am wrong, they are open to test for themselves the said gas station and whether or not they are getting the "Correct volume" of fuel they are paying for as per the pump's readout.

I have tried another Seaoil gas station on more than 1 instance already and it is along Edsa. That didn't skew my results away from 92 to 94% accuracy as well.

If it was also bad fuel, ECU should have adjusted performance I feel and I would have felt a change in the behavior of the car wouldn't I? Especially given that this is a CVT wherein topping up with 91 RON (when 95 RON is the recommended fuel) is actually obvious on slopes/inclines with more than 2 people.

But please correct me if I am wrong, but I would be hard pressed without any proof to show that the skew was just circumstantial for me (even if the average speed throughout the full tank trip was the same/similar condition).

I would also like to ask other owners, what the accuracy of the digital FC readout with the full tank method computed? How much of a percent accuracy are you getting?

Before in our old Innova, that readout tended to always be off by 0.5 km/l when it would show around 8.2km/l. And I repeatedly verified it. The FC for that vehicle was consistent throughout my trips as well in city driving conditions. first gen 2.0 Gas MT then. =)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I can't use a rear camera even if they gave me one because the 1.6CVT doesn't come with a screen, just a radio. =P. I find the visibility of the Sylphy to be more than enough already =)
    We are trying to decide between the 1.6 CVT and the the City VX. The missus requires a rear cam. What does the freebie cam look like? Is it the generic butas bumper/patong sa plaka type or is it an OEM install? I use a rear view mirror with an integrated screen on my Vios so I'll be using the same on the Sylphy.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My camera "looks" OEM because it is integrated in the plate light.

My head unit is the stock Sony AV63 (which has no bluetooth) so it was a pretty straightforward affair. The 1.6CVT comes with a single DIN stereo. You can ask your agent for rear camera and/or free upgrade to AV63 to sweeten the deal.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    My camera "looks" OEM because it is integrated in the plate light.

My head unit is the stock Sony AV63 (which has no bluetooth) so it was a pretty straightforward affair. The 1.6CVT comes with a single DIN stereo. You can ask your agent for rear camera and/or free upgrade to AV63 to sweeten the deal.
    That would be sweet. Hope they get desperate in the post-Christmas lull

There are bluetooth adapters that plug into the aux. I have one in the Vios.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    That would be sweet. Hope they get desperate in the post-Christmas lull

There are bluetooth adapters that plug into the aux. I have one in the Vios.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    That's what I did - and the agent obliged (he's new to the dealership I think and needs his first sale). I'm sure you know that you must hide your interest in purchasing the car for them to be at your mercy. hehe.

It's been pretty useful because I have difficulty estimating tight distances when I don't see where I move to. Now, I have seen that there's a Nissan front badge with an integrated camera (like that in the new Xtrail 4x4) so I'm looking forward in having one in mine too. I probably won't be needing the side cameras though. Sometimes, I check the plate number of pricks who tailgate me (when stopped).

Although Sony AV63 (it's an old model btw) is fairly decent and sufficient (it sounds very good that you won't be needing subs anymore if you're not the type who lacks attention), I suspect many users upgraded theirs to ones that can play *.mkv and HD files (so far I can't play HD files with mine).

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just to update guys, since its November 2014 and I can't find the specific rule of re-implementing by DPWH. Is it no plate no travel or no registration (OR/CR) No travel only?

I've only gotten a fax copy of my OR/CR from Nissan N.E. and we still have no plate. I have not yet stepped outside with just a copy of the OR CR and there is no indicated plate number in the OR CR yet til now.

What's the rule really as I can't specifically find it? And how have others gone about this situation.

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Ano sir kaBracket ng Sylphy? Mga Civic, Elantra, Altis ba kabracket?

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy