New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    What did Nissan Shaw said about your registration? At the very least, they should already have an OR and CR processed for you if you got your car last May. That is almost 5 months.
    Same thing sir, they are blaming NMPI for not releasing the papers. The only thing that im doing right now is to txt everyday my SA, hoping that a miracle will happen.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SELEGNA_35 View Post
    Same thing sir, they are blaming NMPI for not releasing the papers. The only thing that im doing right now is to txt everyday my SA, hoping that a miracle will happen.
    Bro SELEGNA_35, FYI lang. I also got my car last May, got my OR/CR 1st week of August, then my plates last week.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hello Karag-karag, you also got your car from Nissan shaw??

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Here are some of my observations after driving the 1.8 Sylphy for more than a week. Hope you can enlighten or give your thoughts as well so I'll know if I need to discuss it sa Casa. Tia!

1. Driver side door is not that smooth when closing. Parang may kakaibang tunog.
    2. I'm hearing some noise when I stepped on the brakes.
    3. Slow start from full stop. I loaded it with Total Excelcium gas. RON 95.
    4. Medyo bumpy especially when driving to some rough road. Tire pressure is 33 Front and 30 Back.
    5. Headlights can cover one basketball court Eye level yung illumination. Ok lang ba yun?
    6. When I close the window sa passenger side, ang bilis nung pagtaas na parang lalagpas sa window. There's a big thug when it closes.

Nevertheless, I love my Sylphy. Just sharing this para makakuha din ng inputs from my fellow Sylphy owners.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    I agree with observations nos. 1 , 4 and 5.

I do not experience no. 3, in fact i feel its really jumpy at low speeds or from the standstill but hirap sya umarangkada pag nasa highway. kaya nya makipagtutukan hindi ka mabibitin sa sindakan kung kailangan. imho lang. yun lang sa highway medyo bitin sa acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by juliaspopsy View Post
    Here are some of my observations after driving the 1.8 Sylphy for more than a week. Hope you can enlighten or give your thoughts as well so I'll know if I need to discuss it sa Casa. Tia!

1. Driver side door is not that smooth when closing. Parang may kakaibang tunog.
    4. Medyo bumpy especially when driving to some rough road. Tire pressure is 33 Front and 30 Back.
    5. Headlights can cover one basketball court Eye level yung illumination. Ok lang ba yun?
    6. When I close the window sa passenger side, ang bilis nung pagtaas na parang lalagpas sa window. There's a big thug when it closes.

Nevertheless, I love my Sylphy. Just sharing this para makakuha din ng inputs from my fellow Sylphy owners.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007

1. Same here... hehehe.... if you would back read the thread, it was also discussed.
    2. What kind of a noise? Normally, automatics do have some kind of a noise but it occurs occasionally.
    3. Try loading other brands. If it is possible try unioil euro 4 or seaoil.
    4. Same here... But I get used to it. Maybe because the suspension is quite stiff but I find it useful during cornering.
    5. Yup, I think it's ok as long as it does not blind incoming cars. I really appreciate the projector headlights during night time driving at Edsa. Our roads here are quite dark compared to other countries that I visited (hongkong, korea, singapore).
    6. If it does not occur on other windows it can be a valid complaint that you should tell on your next pms. I haven't notice it because I rarely move the window down except for the driver side.

Happy motoring!

7. Join Date
    May 2014

Although I drive a 1.6, I think overall part and setting is similar.

1) We all feel the same about the driver side door. Don't know why. There is a different note whenever it is closed. But I'm used to it and I don't really mind it much.
    2) Since it was new, the brakes were "grabby" in the beginning. But overtime it goes away for me. Or if you haven't driven it for 2 days and drive it again, it sort of "sticky" again in the beginning. =)
    3) This issue is what I believe to be based on the tuning of the transmission. I've explained my hypothesis in a page or two back. Loading up with slightly higher RON fuel helps, but it is my belief that it is transmission tuning related more geared towards efficiency. So you just have to step a bit more on the gas. You'll get used to how it is tuned as we all did I feel =).
    4) The bumpiness I experience the most when on a bridge. Haha! Especially if your side is stuck in traffic and the opposite side has freeflow of trucks. You will feel the car bounce. I do believe that is because of how the car is set to dampen while in motion, but when it is stopped, the dampening is reverse, it transmits motion into the cabin from the wheels. You can also feel this bumpiness in the 1.6 when the car's idling rpm drops below 800rpm. It's my observation. I don't mind, nothing really wrong for me because it's because of the comfort orientation in drive that it is the consequence/reaction I feel.
    5) The range is okay especially since your foglights are the ones made for closer/lower angles if you really need additional illumnation in that area.
    6) Not entirely sure with this one as I don't open it much also. Hehe!

No major complaints though and I still love the car. Hate the traffic though as I can't get proper FC readings for the timebeing.

Enjoy!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    appreciate the inputs and suggestions Will continue to share insights as well. Safe driving everyone!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thats it, if you will compare it with the passenger side and other two doors it really sound different. yes it has something about metal sound. before i ended with my sylphy i already rejected two sylphys because of that sound, just like what nissan shaw told me, its kind of quality control thing, no wonder the showroom display sounds the same. Its a good thing i have compared it with the other Black sylphy display that i checked before getting a white sylphy.

Dont accept if ever your Service Advisor tells you that it is normal with the sylphy, because its not, they should do something about it.
    Last week brought the car to nissan shaw to fixed the problem, now its back to the original sound.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hello Karag-karag, you also got your car from Nissan shaw??
    Nope. Got mine from Mantrade. But you can tell your SA this if they blame NMPI. I think 5 months without ORCR is way too long.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy