New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 100 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    Tire pressure increases when you drive the car a few kms due to heat generated when tires roll on the road. It is recommended to check and adjust for correct tire pressure when cold and not after driving it for a few kms.
    Yup. I know that. I travelled from the covered parking to the gas station which is just about 1km away and the tire pressure was as I mentioned eventhough I topped up 3 weeks before with 33 front 30 rear. Did not drive the car the day before. Which is why I am puzzled with the pressure difference.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Yup. I know that. I travelled from the covered parking to the gas station which is just about 1km away and the tire pressure was as I mentioned eventhough I topped up 3 weeks before with 33 front 30 rear. Did not drive the car the day before. Which is why I am puzzled with the pressure difference.
    Did you use the exact same machine, both times?
    Perhaps the machine had been recently re-calibrated..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    RE: tires, how is the grip of ecopias? Can you stop from 100 to zero with no dramas, and quickly? I am of the impression that "eco" tires are not that grippy. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    If you are alone in the car, it is barely noticeable for me in the 1.6 except on inclines or hard acceleration (parang kinakapos ng onti sa 91). But on regular coasting, the 91 ron is generally okay but I don't use it anymore. I stick with premium unleaded since recommended naman sa 1.6 talaga. Sa 1.8 I don't know if the effect of using regular unleaded is as pronounced though.

But re Caltex, I don't know re petrol, but when I used their diesel before, I felt severe engine drag in CRDIs (Starex, Montero and Crosswind) and I was belching out more black smoke than usual. So I completely crossed out Caltex as a brand of fuel to use.

Re tire pressure. For now, I am trying 35 front and 33 rear. Seems better ride to me for some reason instead of the instructed 33 front 30 rear. I'll try 35 front and rear after 2 fuel cycles to check how it feels and whether than improves FC a bit. hehe!

But I found something strange. The car is parked in a covered parking area. And since I topped it off tire pressure wise with 33 front, 30 rear (I'm the only one who touches the car for the moment hehe!) I was surprised when I drove out early morning to raise the tire pressure up to 35 and 33 rear (current tire pressure). The machine registered my front as 36 and rear as 34. It wasn't hot out that day yet so I was quite surprised I had higher pressure readings on that gas station. Has anyone expeerienced something similar with the Ecopias? Are they retaining evaporated water content and are actually good at retaining tire pressure? As I last checked tire pressure 3 weeks ago before this.

Just curious. My experience with tires tends to average with a pressure loss of 1-2psi after a month, but never a gain in pressure.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Re tire pressure monitoring - I topped up tire pressure previously on a different machine which is why I assumed it had higher water content when I pumped air in. My problem really in the Seaoil Station I top up in is it only has "manual" method of checking tire pressure when filling up. So I have to go to another station that has a digital auto readout when I get the chance to pass by there. hehe!

Re Ecopia tires - I haven't driven them at speed in really bad weather yet, but in the rain yes. I did not feel a "floaty" steering wheel when I drove it at 60-80kph on the expressway before so I assume the water dispersal was enough at least to prevent the tires from aquaplaning off the road.

As for braking, had no emergency situation where I needed to brake hard so I can't really say but the disc brakes seem to be quite grippy (for me) so along with the ABS, should be able to stop properly like any other car even in the rain. The new Eco tires shouldn't have too drastic a difference of grip in the rain like how they originally started so my fingers are of course crossed hoping I don't have to encounter such a situation.

Re latest fuel economy (all city driving)
    Fuel: Seaoil Extreme 97
    Digital FC as per car: 9.2km/l
    Manual compute FC: 8.512km/l
    Accuracy: 92.5%
    Average speed throughout : 15km/l

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Top 10 best sellers in Singapore for the first half of 2014:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/wont-belie...142051844.html

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    In fairness maganda naman experience ko sa test drive with the sylphy top of the line. Definitely better ride quality sa 2014 altis ko. No doubt panalo to pagdating comfort and cabin insulation. I feel like I'm driving a vios din kasi the view from the driver seat is good unlike sa altis ko na parang magdadalawang isip ka magmaniobra kasi ang taas nung dashboard.

The cabin lacks innovation, too simple and straight to the point. Not exciting.

My other concern is yung engine power and xtronic cvt. Good at low speeds pero di talaga humahataw even in sport mode. Sport mode just causes unecessary engine noise imo. I don't understand why the ecu holds up the rpm in sport mode.

Overall, okay tong sylphy if chill and smooth driving ka palagi. Imo marami naman good points tong sylphy.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    To the 1.8V owners, how many is your speakers? I am now here at nissan shaw to let them check why i dont have a sound at the back when i adjust the font and rear speaker, they are now telling me that the sylphy 1.8v here is just 4 speakers, when in the brochure it is clear that it has 6 speakers. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SELEGNA_35 View Post
    To the 1.8V owners, how many is your speakers? I am now here at nissan shaw to let them check why i dont have a sound at the back when i adjust the font and rear speaker, they are now telling me that the sylphy 1.8v here is just 4 speakers, when in the brochure it is clear that it has 6 speakers. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
    Maybe you can ask other delears

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Here is what happen, my complain was that i cant hear any sound from the back when i adjust the fader of the radio, the SA after a while approached me and said that it is really like that because the 1.8 model here has only 4 speakers, two at the front door and the two tweeters on the side of the windshield and the back where the third break light is no speakers, that is what he said to me. i told him that from what i know, the back doors has two speakers and the place where the third brake light is, there is no speakers.

The SA said, ah ok sir, hindi nag ka intindihan yun pa lang sa pinto sa likod ang walang tunog, ok sir, papa check ko. in the first place, i did not asked them to count the speakers, second i am clear that my complain was about the sound at the back when i adjust the fader of the radio, either he dont know the placed of the speakers of 1.8 sylphy or people here in nissan shaw service are incompetent!!!!

They Make my day.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    that's strange... tasado sa speakers ang hi end model nila...
    hindi kaya, may speakers nga sa likod, nguni at hindi lang naka-kabit?

i have a dangerous method to find out if there are speakers or not behind that wall...
    get a fine wire or needle. blunt one end by bending it into itself. then stick it into the supposed speaker hole on the door panel.. if there is a speaker cone behind it, you'll feel it.. be very careful, as you don't want to punch a hole thru the cone..
    good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 22nd, 2014 at 02:19 PM.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy