New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Just had my front windshield tinted by Nissan North Edsa after 1k PMS. There should be no problem as long as not full black out tint. "medium" lang kasi pinili ko. Ang alam ko may ban is not the issue of partial or full tint, but black out tint.
    Thanks!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    nope! no paddle shifters for both 1.6 and 1.8.
    thanks for the info. i'll probably get the manual version then.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    2014-09-02-17.49.04.jpg
    Deep Dish Mats for Nissan Sylphy, only 2 sets remaining. PM for details

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    *frostenangle - nice FC with the manual. The FC Ratio is as per manual compute correct? OR is it part of digital display? Thanks.
    Yep manual computation. More or less 100km / (total # of liters, sagad full tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Also, what do you think of mud guards? Generic black or body color?
    I hear a lot of tiny stones hitting the fenders and it freaks me out sometimes because you can hear it loud inside. I'm also trying to get mud guards/flaps but according to the accessories list from the casa they don't have it. Any suggestions where we could get those?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by frostentangle View Post
    Yep manual computation. More or less 100km / (total # of liters, sagad full tank)

I hear a lot of tiny stones hitting the fenders and it freaks me out sometimes because you can hear it loud inside. I'm also trying to get mud guards/flaps but according to the accessories list from the casa they don't have it. Any suggestions where we could get those?
    Sir we have accessories for the Sylphy available, mudguards will be arriving tonight. Check out our accessories here
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2332841&type=3

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Nice figures, HP.

I saw peaks close to that for the 1.8 CVT, but after a while on the highway at a steady 80 km/h, it averages out to just under 22.

Still... 1,400 - 1,600 rpm at over 80 km/h... color me impressed.

-

If you're willing to experiment, there's a sweet spot between 35-45 psi where the fuel economy is 99% as good as it's going to get. Some hypermilers go as far as 60 psi, but IMHO, the improvements from going there over 45 psi are already so marginal for the terrible effect on ride quality (and possibly your bushings) that I wouldn't recommend it.
    Perhaps I'll try in 1psi increments. hehe.

more often than not, going around the city, you don't need to go beyond 1250rpm. If you limit the needle there, you'll soon hit 70km/h (on relatively flat road). The low end torque is fantastic at pushing it from naught. When it was less than a month old, after I got the hang of the width and lenght, I was driving it like crazy fast but I realized I'm burning money on useless races that doesn't actually win me anything of value. The full tank cost really hurts. LOL. Before, the 40L would get burned in about three days. Now, about a week or so.

It may be placebo but RON91 (Fuelsave, Silver, Total 91 etc) fuels give me less power, less instant push, compared to RON95 (XCS and Excellium) fuels. Is this valid? Caltex Gold, for some reason, gets used up way faster than the two.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It may be placebo but RON91 (Fuelsave, Silver, Total 91 etc) fuels give me less power, less instant push, compared to RON95 (XCS and Excellium) fuels. Is this valid? Caltex Gold, for some reason, gets used up way faster than the two.
    If you are alone in the car, it is barely noticeable for me in the 1.6 except on inclines or hard acceleration (parang kinakapos ng onti sa 91). But on regular coasting, the 91 ron is generally okay but I don't use it anymore. I stick with premium unleaded since recommended naman sa 1.6 talaga. Sa 1.8 I don't know if the effect of using regular unleaded is as pronounced though.

But re Caltex, I don't know re petrol, but when I used their diesel before, I felt severe engine drag in CRDIs (Starex, Montero and Crosswind) and I was belching out more black smoke than usual. So I completely crossed out Caltex as a brand of fuel to use.

Re tire pressure. For now, I am trying 35 front and 33 rear. Seems better ride to me for some reason instead of the instructed 33 front 30 rear. I'll try 35 front and rear after 2 fuel cycles to check how it feels and whether than improves FC a bit. hehe!

But I found something strange. The car is parked in a covered parking area. And since I topped it off tire pressure wise with 33 front, 30 rear (I'm the only one who touches the car for the moment hehe!) I was surprised when I drove out early morning to raise the tire pressure up to 35 and 33 rear (current tire pressure). The machine registered my front as 36 and rear as 34. It wasn't hot out that day yet so I was quite surprised I had higher pressure readings on that gas station. Has anyone expeerienced something similar with the Ecopias? Are they retaining evaporated water content and are actually good at retaining tire pressure? As I last checked tire pressure 3 weeks ago before this.

Just curious. My experience with tires tends to average with a pressure loss of 1-2psi after a month, but never a gain in pressure.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SELEGNA_35 View Post
    Congratulations to your new Rides.

I got a white 1.8v sylphy too, i've driven it to baguio last week. The Car is really a highway cruiser and fuel efficient, spend 2k gasoline for the whole trip marikina to baguio back and forth, averaging 17km/l according to the computer. I manage to push the engine to 180kph without the rattle or drag feel from the body and engine, I was really surprise with the good hadling of the car at that speed, stable and firm on the road. good thing i was not caught over speeding on the sctex tplex road.

I think if i just manage the speed to 100kph, i would save more gas on that trip. But my racing guts got over me and push me to race the sylphy to my limit and 100kph is quite boring on the highway.
    Hi. What's your FC for city driving only? Appreciate if all other 1.8 users to post theirs as well. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    If you are alone in the car, it is barely noticeable for me in the 1.6 except on inclines or hard acceleration (parang kinakapos ng onti sa 91). But on regular coasting, the 91 ron is generally okay but I don't use it anymore. I stick with premium unleaded since recommended naman sa 1.6 talaga. Sa 1.8 I don't know if the effect of using regular unleaded is as pronounced though.

But re Caltex, I don't know re petrol, but when I used their diesel before, I felt severe engine drag in CRDIs (Starex, Montero and Crosswind) and I was belching out more black smoke than usual. So I completely crossed out Caltex as a brand of fuel to use.

Re tire pressure. For now, I am trying 35 front and 33 rear. Seems better ride to me for some reason instead of the instructed 33 front 30 rear. I'll try 35 front and rear after 2 fuel cycles to check how it feels and whether than improves FC a bit. hehe!

But I found something strange. The car is parked in a covered parking area. And since I topped it off tire pressure wise with 33 front, 30 rear (I'm the only one who touches the car for the moment hehe!) I was surprised when I drove out early morning to raise the tire pressure up to 35 and 33 rear (current tire pressure). The machine registered my front as 36 and rear as 34. It wasn't hot out that day yet so I was quite surprised I had higher pressure readings on that gas station. Has anyone expeerienced something similar with the Ecopias? Are they retaining evaporated water content and are actually good at retaining tire pressure? As I last checked tire pressure 3 weeks ago before this.

Just curious. My experience with tires tends to average with a pressure loss of 1-2psi after a month, but never a gain in pressure.
    Tire pressure increases when you drive the car a few kms due to heat generated when tires roll on the road. It is recommended to check and adjust for correct tire pressure when cold and not after driving it for a few kms.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by juliaspopsy View Post
    Hi. What's your FC for city driving only? Appreciate if all other 1.8 users to post theirs as well. Thanks.

Currently around 4600kms, 10-12 moderate traffic. 7 on heavy traffic. 5 on super heavy traffic (like the standstill that occured a Friday or two ago. Basta Friday yun, it was so horrible we got stuck for 2h on the road.

One thing you'd definitely appreciate about the MRA8DE is the low end (early) torque it gives that you when you press the pedal, even at a slight depress. I have not tried the 1.6 yet though. I've booked several testdrives for it when we were car shopping but I always end up being given the 1.8 to test so naturally, my wife and daughter voted for it (and vetoed my vote for the 1.6).

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy