New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SELEGNA_35 View Post
    Thanks 17sphynx17.

Me too was surprised to see Horsepowers average fuel consumption. Never Reached that average fuel consumption.
    You seem to do a lot of long distance driving so we should have similar figures once you do a reset before your run.

As of now, stuck in 90% traffic (Q.Ave, Taft, Sta.Mesa and EDSA), I only hover between 10-12km/L.

Got stuck in one really suuuuper duper bad traffic and got 7.5km/L

----------

Do you guys know of a waterproof/ deep dish mat that's cheap? hehe

Also, what do you think of mud guards? Generic black or body color?

Cellphone voice calls is terrible inside the car esp when mobile, do you have the same experience? same V-kool tint (no idea if genuine but I trust that NMPI wouldn't give us fakes).

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Like what 17Sphynx17 said, when you're viewing the Ave. Fuel Consumption, just hold down the button on the steering wheel. It'll change to "---" during the calculation and will display a number again once you cover some distance (no idea how far but it should show up shortly after some kilometers). I hope this helps.
    It measures at intervals of about 500 meters (approx) based on when the number starts to display and is also the "update" interval if I am not mistaken based on what I noticed on how it averages it. =)

Maybe you should. I actually view the 1.6CVT as the most practical of all these models, if only it came with an intelligent key. I have long accepted that 1.8L will never be as thrifty as a vios but so far, the consumption is doing good. The leather, space, freezing AC, the nice ride somehow pays off the extra cost versus a subcompact. It's strange to see that at 80-100kmh, you only tiptoe on and off the gas a little over 1000rpm to sustain the speed on relatively flat road. hehe.
    Yup. I understand that, but your numbers are great, way higher than jc08 cycle of 15.3km/l =) Can I ask how the tires are inflated? 33 front 30 rear?

I will still try to see how I can improve my FC without it being too boring. hehe! I'll have to get an E-Pass already as my last stint, my friend brought his which is how we mostly bypassed the long lines at the tollbooth =)

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    There's no gas station near enough my place before my tires could get hot so I usually inflate it 35 front, 33 rear hoping it'll be 33 and 31 when cold.

The tires are rated to withstand 60psi I think but I'm still reading up what I can find to know what'll happen say for example we inflate 50 and 45. ( to those who know, feel free to tell us, thanks).

BTW, does your units come with the front black license plate base? Mine did not and I intend to question the agent about it because I saw the Sylphy 1.8 review at AI and their test unit come with it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nice figures, HP.

I saw peaks close to that for the 1.8 CVT, but after a while on the highway at a steady 80 km/h, it averages out to just under 22.

Still... 1,400 - 1,600 rpm at over 80 km/h... color me impressed.

-

If you're willing to experiment, there's a sweet spot between 35-45 psi where the fuel economy is 99% as good as it's going to get. Some hypermilers go as far as 60 psi, but IMHO, the improvements from going there over 45 psi are already so marginal for the terrible effect on ride quality (and possibly your bushings) that I wouldn't recommend it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    You seem to do a lot of long distance driving so we should have similar figures once you do a reset before your run.

As of now, stuck in 90% traffic (Q.Ave, Taft, Sta.Mesa and EDSA), I only hover between 10-12km/L.

Got stuck in one really suuuuper duper bad traffic and got 7.5km/L

----------

Do you guys know of a waterproof/ deep dish mat that's cheap? hehe

Also, what do you think of mud guards? Generic black or body color?

Cellphone voice calls is terrible inside the car esp when mobile, do you have the same experience? same V-kool tint (no idea if genuine but I trust that NMPI wouldn't give us fakes).
    sir our deep dish mats for the sylphy will be arriving soon, as well as other accessories. PM me for details

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    does the 1.6 CVT variant have paddle shifter?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectstranger View Post
    does the 1.6 CVT variant have paddle shifter?
    nope! no paddle shifters for both 1.6 and 1.8.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    :cheer: WOW!!! the 1.6s are having a good fc, I will be lucky if I get 14km/l on my 1.8. Hoping that my FC will improve more after the next pms. So far I am at 2,300km. My highway driving (NLEX) just go around 12km/L but with 4 adults and 3 kids. Hope to see you guys on the auto show this coming September.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ok pa din ba mag pa fulltint sa front? Sabi sa casa bawal na daw dahil sa lto ruling. Is this true? Thanks.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by juliaspopsy View Post
    Ok pa din ba mag pa fulltint sa front? Sabi sa casa bawal na daw dahil sa lto ruling. Is this true? Thanks.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Just had my front windshield tinted by Nissan North Edsa after 1k PMS. There should be no problem as long as not full black out tint. "medium" lang kasi pinili ko. Ang alam ko may ban is not the issue of partial or full tint, but black out tint.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy