New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I was just guessing that the fully synthetic oil used in 17Sphinx17's Sylphy was 5-40 or 15-40, if that was changed to a 5-30 baka mag improve pa fc. I'm guessing 1%-5%

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I was just guessing that the fully synthetic oil used in 17Sphinx17's Sylphy was 5-40 or 15-40, if that was changed to a 5-30 baka mag improve pa fc. I'm guessing 1%-5%
    17Sphinx17's Sylphy did not underwent its 1st PMS yet when he did the manual FC computation in his Manila-Batangas vice versa. After the trip lang yata siya nakapagpaPMS or baka hindi pa. Let's just wait for his update before we go into conclusions.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    17Sphinx17's Sylphy did not underwent its 1st PMS yet when he did the manual FC computation in his Manila-Batangas vice versa. After the trip lang yata siya nakapagpaPMS or baka hindi pa. Let's just wait for his update before we go into conclusions.
    Manila Batangas Manila trip already done with 1k PMS with fully synthetic.

The all city FC before that was the one before the 1k PMS change oil. FYI.

EDIT 1: Keep in mind though the FC I posted for that Manila - Batangas - Manila trip was 85% Highway and 15% city. So the FC itself was not all highway (Technically speaking), which is also the reason why my average speed throughout dropped to 51kmph because the section within the city averaged below 30kmph.

I would like to try again in "Better" conditions as I did 1) have to idle for about 20mins and 2) get stuck in city traffic along taft avenue for a good 20mins as well between UN Avenue and Pedro Gil, but we were also 3 in the car and I wasn't really trying to get the best FC, but driving within speed limits when on the highway. =)

The idling for 20 mins and getting stuck in traffic are two separate intervals and not in the sam eperiod. just informing to avoid confusion.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Manila Batangas Manila trip already done with 1k PMS with fully synthetic.
    were you able to get the engine oil specs aside from it being fully synthetic?

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    FC Update.

1.6MT Sylphy
    Total mileage: 3.8k
    Gas: Shell V-power Nitro+ (top up every 100kms, full tank)
    Average Speed: 23km/hr (reset every full tank top up)
    FC Ratio: 14.4 km/l

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Discovered I can reset the Fuel consumption calculator. So, I reset it before I set out to go to Tagaytay city via SLEX.

Petron XCS. Left with a previous night's full tank. Got back with half a tank (on the gauge).

After getting out of SLEX (somewhere in EDSA, northbound)

33.jpg

Arrived home (QC near nlex)

23.jpg

Don't know how accurate. was driving around the speed limit whenever possible. Wife didn't notice I went beyond 150 because it's quiet inside esp over tarmac. 5 passengers.

This is a lovely cruiser. I'm really loving this CVT over the conventional AT.

After the tagaytay run, my full tank's range went from 270+ to 400. Now planning to go to Subic or Batangas naman. Hopefully mag 500+ na ang range ng full tank (40L).
    Last edited by Horsepower; August 30th, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    How do you reset the fuel consumption calculator? Thanks

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    were you able to get the engine oil specs aside from it being fully synthetic?
    Hi StockEngine, I just assumed it is same with what is indicated in the manual so I didn't bother to ask specifics. Sorry.

*frostenangle - nice FC with the manual. The FC Ratio is as per manual compute correct? OR is it part of digital display? Thanks.

*Horsepower - Wow. Never got mine to read higher than 20km/l on the trip computer. Does that mean I should drive it faster? Haha! I might do another highway run but it's not certain yet. I want to check a purely highway stint but I may use Petron Blaze given that there is a petron station along SLEX. Not sure yet. hehe!

*Selegna - the MID button at the steering wheel allows you to change between ff info: FC, average speed, total distance (trip a or b). When you are viewing the info you want to reset, hold down the MID button at the steering wheel until it resets. Hope that helps. =)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks 17sphynx17.

Me too was surprised to see Horsepowers average fuel consumption. Never Reached that average fuel consumption.
    Last edited by SELEGNA_35; August 30th, 2014 at 01:16 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SELEGNA_35 View Post
    How do you reset the fuel consumption calculator? Thanks
    Like what 17Sphynx17 said, when you're viewing the Ave. Fuel Consumption, just hold down the button on the steering wheel. It'll change to "---" during the calculation and will display a number again once you cover some distance (no idea how far but it should show up shortly after some kilometers). I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Hi StockEngine, I just assumed it is same with what is indicated in the manual so I didn't bother to ask specifics. Sorry.

*frostenangle - nice FC with the manual. The FC Ratio is as per manual compute correct? OR is it part of digital display? Thanks.

*Horsepower - Wow. Never got mine to read higher than 20km/l on the trip computer. Does that mean I should drive it faster? Haha! I might do another highway run but it's not certain yet. I want to check a purely highway stint but I may use Petron Blaze given that there is a petron station along SLEX. Not sure yet. hehe!

*Selegna - the MID button at the steering wheel allows you to change between ff info: FC, average speed, total distance (trip a or b). When you are viewing the info you want to reset, hold down the MID button at the steering wheel until it resets. Hope that helps. =)
    Maybe you should. I actually view the 1.6CVT as the most practical of all these models, if only it came with an intelligent key. I have long accepted that 1.8L will never be as thrifty as a vios but so far, the consumption is doing good. The leather, space, freezing AC, the nice ride somehow pays off the extra cost versus a subcompact. It's strange to see that at 80-100kmh, you only tiptoe on and off the gas a little over 1000rpm to sustain the speed on relatively flat road. hehe.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy