New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Just an update sirs - been a month since I got my Sylphy. A little less than 400km on it, very satisfied so far.. took me a fair bit of time to adjust sa tapak sa gasolina, but when I "got" it, swabe na.

Comfort-wise, does everything as advertised (and as described here!), and handling is also good. Have to agree with some earlier comments that the Sylphy is a great value relative to its price and compared to other cars in its segment.

From a looks perspective, very subjective, but again this falls under the purview of one's own taste. It doesn't have this "look at me" attitude that some cars in the segment seem to be really working hard to achieve. The car isn't trying-too-hard, it has very subdued and fluid lines, easy on the eyes.

Hopefully ok ang after-sales service.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    does the sylphy bottom out immediately when you have 5 passengers? or meron pa suspension travel?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    does the sylphy bottom out immediately when you have 5 passengers? or meron pa suspension travel?
    It didn't bottom out for me when it was loaded with 5 passengers, but I would say the average weight of the people inside is about 135 lbs per person. Don't know if we are talking about a higher average weight per person though. =) Trunk only had a few knick knacks so weight was negligible.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Update regarding FC: Sylphy 1.6 CVT

Just before 1k PMS change oil to fully synthetic

City driving conditions only
    Fuel: Seaoil Xtreme 97
    Digital Readout: 8.9km/l
    Actual FC Manual Compute: 8.23km/l
    Average speed: 14kmph
    Accuracy: 92.47%

After 1k PMS Fully Synthetic Oil:
    Highway (85%) City (15%)
    Digital Readout: 17.7km/l
    Actual FC Manual Compute: 16.533km/l
    Average Speed: 51kmph
    Accuracy: 93.41%

Note: Before going back inside Manila, average speed was listed as 60kmph, Digital Readout of FC was 18.5km/l

I think for mostly highway, the 1.6 CVT could easily do 17km/l within the speed limit without any attempt to hypermile.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Update regarding FC: Sylphy 1.6 CVT

Just before 1k PMS change oil to fully synthetic

City driving conditions only
    Digital Readout: 8.9km/l
    Actual FC Manual Compute: 8.23km/l
    Average speed: 14kmph
    Accuracy: 92.47%

After 1k PMS Fully Synthetic Oil:
    Highway (85%) City (15%)
    Digital Readout: 17.7km/l
    Actual FC Manual Compute: 16.533km/l
    Average Speed: 51kmph
    Accuracy: 93.41%

Note: Before going back inside Manila, average speed was listed as 60kmph, Digital Readout of FC was 18.5km/l

I think for mostly highway, the 1.6 CVT could easily do 17km/l within the speed limit without any attempt to hypermile.
    Should try it at 70-80 km/h. Should do over 20.

Easiest place to test, close to Manila, is either on the NLEX or SLEX between Southwoods and Silangan exit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Should try it at 70-80 km/h. Should do over 20.

Easiest place to test, close to Manila, is either on the NLEX or SLEX between Southwoods and Silangan exit.
    Thanks niky.

Actually that roundtrip total of about 240kms was done Manila to SLEX to Star Toll (dulo Batangas) and back to Manila (with a Sta Rosa stopover) actually. =)
    Within the highway section, I was running it 80kph mostly with the highest speed burst of 110kph on downhill sections. I only got to raise the average speed to 51kmph though because before I left Manila, I had to idle the car for a total of 20mins as I had a "missing" passenger who was nearby but couldn't locate us. hehe! Was hovering the rpm mostly between 1500 to 2000rpm, but on an upward incline on the Skyway had to push and maintain 3000rpm just to hold 80kmph.
    Once I got back to Manila though, I got stuck in a section between Pedro Gil and UN Avenue which was crawling before I managed to move quicker (this slowdown is what tanked my average speed down to 51kmph average from 60kmph just before hitting this section).

Hope that helps in expanding on the environment this FC was obtained in.

EDIT 1: I don't think I can actually keep the speed held at 70-80kph. That would be sooo boring. I would fall asleep. hehe! I did the trip 2 hours down to Batangas, 2 hours back to Manila since mostly highway speeds though.
    During the trip, I had quite a few instances where I had to let go of the accelerator (still in drive though) because I was already pushing 100kph on the flats and speed still climbed towards 110kph. Just to avoid getting a speeding ticket, I let go of the pedal and only lightly pressed it to maintain around 100kph. =)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Nice result 17Sphynx17! that fc can further be improved if only nissan....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Nice result 17Sphynx17! that fc can further be improved if only nissan....
    if only nissan..... what, sir?

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if only nissan..... what, sir?
    I'm guessing but it maybe..

If only nissan launched their diesel lineup alongside their petrol lineup? I don't know specifically for the Sylphy but I know the Almera has a diesel trim in India.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I'm guessing but it maybe..

If only nissan launched their diesel lineup alongside their petrol lineup? I don't know specifically for the Sylphy but I know the Almera has a diesel trim in India.
    diesel almera is good!
    it has only the accent as its direct competitor... and i don't think nissan has a model that may suffer in sales, if such diesel is introduced in our market.. except the gas almera, which is already suffering now.. so what the heck!

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy