New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    That is still good considering the traffic.
    And by the way, does that include the usage of the dual aircon or just the front aircon? I have not been using the dual aircon lately just the blower since the front aircon is already enough for me.
    Hi krazeyrock,

I checked today regarding the dual in case I was wrong in my thinking.

If the dual zone is switched off (meaning dual has no light), the temperature of all a/c vents is the same, including the rear vents.
    If the dual zone is switched on (dual light is on), the temperature of the front left side and front right side can be different. The rear vents will follow the temperature setting of the front left(driver) settings though.

I tried setting the driver side to 24 while the passenger to 30 and the the right vents were only blowing room temperature air while both driver side vents were blowing cold air as well as the rear vents.

For info. =)

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sir.. choosing between a slyphy and an altis..

ano po ba ma recommend nyo 1.6 or 1.8 na nissan?

question lanng po? ano po ba ang advantage ng slyphy over the altis?

FC, PRICE, SPECS... after sales... Pms expenses?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Good day po mga Sir.

i have been trying to look online for the detailed specs of the Sylphy 1.6E M/T but with no luck. Pwede po ba patulong, particularly sa mga 1.6 M/T owners. Meron po ba ang Sylphy MT nito? Engine Immobilizer, Chrome door handles, LED Accents, Speed sensitive door locks, side mirror signal lamps, bluetooth, ipod connectivity.

Also, im choosing between the 1.5G vios M/T and sylphy MT. I really like the power retractable side mirror of the vios, 6 speaker setup, disc rear break and the steering wheel audio control. if you were to choose ano po pipiliin nyo sa dalawa? please help me :-)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Bro, kung interior ang pinaguusapan, lamang sylphy sa 1.6v ng altis
    kung exterior, medyo subjective na pero imho, masmaganda sylphy.
    price. same almost
    fc. tingin ko baka mas makomsumo sylphy (1.8 eh).
    mag sylphy ka na bro..nakakasawa tingnan ang altis.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    to the people asking about the Sylphy:

- PMS is still to early to tell you because it is still relatively new in our market. I am just about to have my 1k PMS done.
    - I picked the Sylphy because I prioritized space, comfort and cargo volume at the top with FC being second in my criteria.
    - I wasn't really looking for a subcompact because I meet a lot of different people for work and first impressions are important. And subcompacts have a stigma to some people so I personally chose compact in that regard.
    - What I personally like about the styling of the Sylphy's curves is that you can sometimes mistake it for a Teana (not Altima) if you are not too versed in the car world. And the design is elegant, classy and subdued. It is not too agressive and loud which makes it more adult if I am being honest. It's not trying to be what it's not (sporty look is not it's priority). So from a practical standpoint, it works for both personal and business affairs.
    - For the guy comparing the Sylphy to a TOTL vios, the Sylphy will lose if you are simply counting those "toys"/goodies as the Vios can give you that because it started off (pricewise) as a subcompact. But there is one thing the Sylphy can't really be beat no matter what "upgrades" you throw at the other's in the segment, and that is the luxury of space. That is a premium that you can't throw money at after the fact of purchasing the vehicle. The only vehicle I believe that match it is actually the Honda City as a bang for buck purchase.
    - Comparing it to the Altis on the other hand, I do find the Altis ok and nice. The styling doesn't work for me at certain angles especially what waku doki is trying to achieve, the Vios does that concept better I feel. The look of the interior is strikingly clean but it fails to me when I touch it. It's less premium in feeling so the look actually oversold it for me. Seats aren't as comfortable for me in the Altis and space still not on par with the Sylphy, both for cargo and rear passenger. I've already been stuck inside the Sylphy on the road for 7 hours straight, with 3 of those hours in grueling Manila traffic and it was only in the 6th-7th hour when I started to feel strained in the seated position (which is normally my limit) =)

But as an aside, choosing other vehicles over the Sylphy is not a cause for concern because every owner has their own circumstances and other vehicles do satisfy completely their needs better than what another vehicle could do.

Good luck in your purchase.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    [QUOTE=glenn manikis;2390232]sir.. choosing between a slyphy and an altis..

Bro I suggest you pick the Altis over the Sylphy just to be safe

I find the interior space is almost respectable as the Sylphy

And Altis CVT is 100X better than the Sylphy

Lot's of horror stories about the Sylphy CVT try to Google it

Even in the other countries, the Sylphy is not selling well

By the way Honda City is already categorize as Compact Sedan in fact it is more spacious than his older brother (Civic)

City>Altis>Sylphy

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    [quote=EarthWorm;2390339]
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    sir.. choosing between a slyphy and an altis..

Bro I suggest you pick the Altis over the Sylphy just to be safe

I find the interior space is almost respectable as the Sylphy

And Altis CVT is 100X better than the Sylphy

Lot's of horror stories about the Sylphy CVT try to Google it

Even in the other countries, the Sylphy is not selling well

By the way Honda City is already categorize as Compact Sedan in fact it is more spacious than his older brother (Civic)

City>Altis>Sylphy
    Earthworm, I just wish you did due diligence before making your comment. That would have helped instead of spreading false rumours.

The CVT issues you mentioned were for the previous gen sylphy which we never got in our market. Check the years you are quoting as CVT issues for the Sylphy because those years pertain to a time before this current generation was even launched.

Cool?

Motoring-Malaysia.blogspot.com: Opinion: Of Nissan Teana and Nissan Sylphy - CVT on the old and new models.

The CVT most likely stems from cooking the gearbox because when the CVT were launched, Honda City was one of the first ones to launch with a CVT and that also had its fair share of issues. Because of not doing an annual PMS interval at least with their cars in a Honda casa, others burned out their transmission because they needed proper CVTF changing.

You have a clear bias against Sylphy so that shows in your comment. But to exagerrate that the Altis CVT is 100x better is just uninformed. if you check test drives of various automotive blogs from other ASEAN countries like from sg and malaysia, and even consult jc08 test cycles, the Sylphy actually performs more efficiently that the Altis in terms of fuel consumption.

Granted that is only going to show out on the highway and the difference in the city is quite negligible.

But I do believe that the real bang for buck choice in our market today is actually the Honda City vs Nissan Sylphy from a price to value proposition standpoint. They both offer the luxury of space which their counterparts don't manage to do as well in those points, comfort is above average and performance is geared towards efficiency without greatly sacrificing acceleration. The City's packaging is more towards additional safety features though that I think the the TOTL Sylphy falls a little short on given that the City TOTL VX+ has curtain and side airbags, while the Sylphy does not.

So it depends on what value a vehicle can offer you for the peso you are willing to let go of.

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The Sylphy is Nissan's best bang for the buck product. It has no rattles, drives well, and consumes 10km/L in city use. The base 1.6MT has even LED interior accent lights, optitron meters. I'd say the base Sylphy is value for money vs its competitors. Its well built inside out, paint is flawless...the interior has soft touch surfaces and overall fit and finish is good. I know, since I also own an Almera and a Teana. Only model im lacking is the Altima . For those who are comparing a Honda City and a Toyota Vios vs a Sylphy, its apples to oranges. The Almera fights with the Vios and City, the Sylphy is vs the Altis and the Civic. But for P800k for the base variant??? no contest....Sylphy wins.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Can anyone here with a 1.6 MT post the picture of the headlamps. I only see the xenon HLs with the DRL even in the dealer here in the province. I am contemplating on buying one too for an everyday ride, thanks

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just had my 1k PMS done and it cost about 3100php. 4 liters of fully synthetic (600 per liter) and a few misc items.

I am assuming the 5k PMs should cost about 2k php (I think less) if they are just checking, toppping up 1 liter of oil and changing oil filters again. But can't really say for certain for now.

After running it back home, the engine seemed a bit happier as the closer I got to 1k kms, the engine drove slightly harsher, I guess the break in managed to remove loose particles inside the engine which got caught in the filter (I don't really know for sure). So hopefully, all is well and good and I can see the improvement in my FC down the line. =)

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy