New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    as for the fully synthetic option, I am worried during the 10,000 km pms. I hope I could see them drain the oil and fill it up with fully synthetic oil in front of me. In hyundai north edsa where we regularly go for pms of my dad's tucson, they have a lounge facing the Jet service area where you can see your car.
    Try to build a good repetoire with the SA and the crew(remember their names). Hopefully they let you see them. Honest people don't need to hide anything. Normally I ask what oil they use and that I wanted to see the bottle(recently -Castrol Magnatec A5 10w30).

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    I have not noticed it but I can hear the engine roar when overtaking as it exceeds 3,000 rpm.
    I do have M/T so it might be different from CVT versions. As for mine, I could definitely hear the engine roar at arount 3k rpm also but that's on the lower gears only. When on 5th gear I can only hear the jet-engine-like sound.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Try to build a good repetoire with the SA and the crew(remember their names). Hopefully they let you see them. Honest people don't need to hide anything. Normally I ask what oil they use and that I wanted to see the bottle(recently -Castrol Magnatec A5 10w30).
    +1. Stick to one Service Advisor, yung competent ha, build some kind of a working relationship. Papayagan ka din nyan manood sa service eventually.

Also, on your PMS don't act too clueless, if they are aware that you know your sh!t they will think twice about ill-treating your car.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    mga 1.8v owners.. ano pong gamit ninyong gas? 95 or 91? ang lakas ata lumaklak ng 1.8 ko hehe

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Thank you sir, got approved right away and took home my white 1.8 unit last week. Did the same Altis vs Sylphy comparison, for some reason the Sylphy won me over when I saw it - must be the headlights haha. I have driven it for maybe 40 kilometers now (bahay, work and to a nearby mall lang), satisfied with it so far. Handling was better than expected, power isn't so bad (been driving an 09(?) Lancer MX). Sana lang talaga may Bluetooth pero no big deal.

Nice choice! Would you be getting the 1.8 or 1.6? I had compared the sylphy with the new corolla altis before we get the car. The sylphy wins in terms of space and functionality. I hope your car request could be approved right away. I saw a white sylphy along edsa yesterday, not sure if its 1.8 or 1.6 since he was making a U turn and traffic is light.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    taga san ka sir pe_monkey? got a white 1.8v too laguna area

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Congratulations to your new Rides.

I got a white 1.8v sylphy too, i've driven it to baguio last week. The Car is really a highway cruiser and fuel efficient, spend 2k gasoline for the whole trip marikina to baguio back and forth, averaging 17km/l according to the computer. I manage to push the engine to 180kph without the rattle or drag feel from the body and engine, I was really surprise with the good hadling of the car at that speed, stable and firm on the road. good thing i was not caught over speeding on the sctex tplex road.

I think if i just manage the speed to 100kph, i would save more gas on that trip. But my racing guts got over me and push me to race the sylphy to my limit and 100kph is quite boring on the highway.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mine is around 8 to 9 km per liter on city driving on a moderate edsa traffic. But on nlex it goes up to 12 bse on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by jefskie View Post
    mga 1.8v owner.. ano pong gamit ninyong gas? 95 or 91? ang lakas ata lumaklak ng 1.8 ko hehe

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pe_monkey View Post
    Thank you sir, got approved right away and took home my white 1.8 unit last week. Did the same Altis vs Sylphy comparison, for some reason the Sylphy won me over when I saw it - must be the headlights haha. I have driven it for maybe 40 kilometers now (bahay, work and to a nearby mall lang), satisfied with it so far. Handling was better than expected, power isn't so bad (been driving an 09(?) Lancer MX). Sana lang talaga may Bluetooth pero no big deal.
    congratulations! I had been seeing a lot of white sylphy lately. I guess white is the best seller.
    I was also looking for the bluetooth feature before.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just to update with my last full tank regarding FC

1.6CVT
    Fuel: Seaoil Xtreme 97 RON
    FC per car's MID - 8.7km/l
    FC via manual compute: 8.1km/l
    average speed: 20kmph

I did get stuck in quite a bit of traffic for this. Before it was this level, the computer readout was 9.3km/l and average speed was 24kmph.

Still within breakin period, just at 800kms at this point in time. FYI

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy