New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Hi fellow owners.

Just been browsing further through the manual. Was just wondering what your plans are with your change oil PMS interval?

I plan to have it changed to fully synthetic oil instead of semi synthetic in the 1000kms PMS. However, after reading the manual it recommends change oil every 10000kms or 6 months but does not specify whether that rating was based on semi synthetic or fully synthetic.

I don't have a regular schedule but I do not usually drive it during rush hour but I normally average 10000kms a year regardless.

I've been reading if there any developments to oil change artciles online and there is mention of normal driving conditions against severe driving conditions that dictate the change oil interval. However, there is little to mention of a time interval with regards to needing your oil to be change if you can't rack up the miles.

Any advice? I don't want to waste money spending on fully synthetic oil and have the casa just change it every 6 months since we use fully synethetic and replace every year only in our Toyota. If I am forced to go with 6 month interval I might as well opt to use semi synthetic in my 1000kms PMS.

TIA.
    mineral oil - 5,000km
    semi synthetic - 7,5000km
    fully synthetic - 10,000km

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    mineral oil - 5,000km
    semi synthetic - 7,5000km
    fully synthetic - 10,000km
    Thanks for the reply. But as per advice from Nissan, they will require me to perform PMS every 10000kms or 6 months and that includes changing the oil as per the manual.

If that is the case, I was considering just paying for semisynthetic just to not void my warranty while under the 3 year period, but after 3 years, ill switch to fully synthetic and just have it done once a year. Thoughts? =)

The figure you showed is the one I also use in all our vehicles since I do not fall under severe conditions as stated in various articles online. So just thought I put it out there for owners and we can discuss it since we are all falling within the 3 year warranty period for the time being. =)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Thanks for the reply. But as per advice from Nissan, they will require me to perform PMS every 10000kms or 6 months and that includes changing the oil as per the manual.

If that is the case, I was considering just paying for semisynthetic just to not void my warranty while under the 3 year period, but after 3 years, ill switch to fully synthetic and just have it done once a year. Thoughts? =)

The figure you showed is the one I also use in all our vehicles since I do not fall under severe conditions as stated in various articles online. So just thought I put it out there for owners and we can discuss it since we are all falling within the 3 year warranty period for the time being. =)
    Sir base your PMS on mileage.

If every 10k is the recommended schedule, then go for fully synthetic.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    Sir base your PMS on mileage.

If every 10k is the recommended schedule, then go for fully synthetic.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Thanks.

Top up lang pala gagawin nila on the 5k PMs instead of replace if fully synthetic gagawin. So yeah, fully synthetic =)

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks.

Top up lang pala gagawin nila on the 5k PMs instead of replace if fully synthetic gagawin. So yeah, fully synthetic =)
    Same advice given to me by the mechanic. 5k PMs will just be a topup 1k PMs is fully synthetic.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
    Good day Sylphy owners. I'm looking to buy a car this year and this one is in my top 3 (specifically the 1.6 M/T). From reading the thread, i'm getting an impression that this may be the most fuel efficient of all the compact sedans being released this year. Would you guys say so?
    I can't comment on the manual since I owned an AT. But my sylphy does 10km per liter on mixed city driving and around 8 km per liter during city driving with heavy traffic. I guess on the manual it should do more. And one more thing, if I recall it correctly, the 1.6 engine recommends 95 RON fuels, so this is one more thing to consider.

For its price around 800k plus, you have a big interior space compared to the altis. I suggest you check it out personally to be able to compare it with your other choices. Happy hunting!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by frostentangle View Post
    Did anybody notice the airplane-like sound of the engine when the highest gear is engaged?
    I have not noticed it but I can hear the engine roar when overtaking as it exceeds 3,000 rpm.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by frostentangle View Post
    Same advice given to me by the mechanic. 5k PMs will just be a topup 1k PMs is fully synthetic.
    as for the fully synthetic option, I am worried during the 10,000 km pms. I hope I could see them drain the oil and fill it up with fully synthetic oil in front of me. In hyundai north edsa where we regularly go for pms of my dad's tucson, they have a lounge facing the Jet service area where you can see your car.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Double post

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    as for the fully synthetic option, I am worried during the 10,000 km pms. I hope I could see them drain the oil and fill it up with fully synthetic oil in front of me. In hyundai north edsa where we regularly go for pms of my dad's tucson, they have a lounge facing the Jet service area where you can see your car.
    well, you can pull out the oil stick and see if the oil is clean... it should, if the oil had been drained out and replaced. it won't be clean, if they just topped up..

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy