New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I find is strange that I will have to come back for 5K and they will top up 1L of oil instead of changing all of it. Where would the 1L now go?
    Re the top up, as far as I know, engines will burn through our engine oil so that additional 1L at the 5k PMs just ensures that we don't end up going below minimum engine oil level before we have the 10k PMS service interval.

I haven't had my 1k PMS yet but I am thinking about just topping it up with semi-synthetic oil first since I will bring the vehicle back at 5k PMS anyway.

I did the same with our Altis and City before so that when I reach the 5k PMS, I will have them drain and replace with fully synthetic oil so I will come back at 15k PMS instead of 10k PMS.

My warranties were not voided by Honda or Toyota so I am assuming Nissan will allow the same to be done.

I only worry about the top up for diesel engines but so far for all our petrol engines, always fully synthetic at 10k change oil interval with no top up.

Anyway, I'll ask about it at Nissan North Edsa at 1k PMS to be sure. I need them to change my windshield tint to be full tint instead of just top visor. Haha! Hindi tuloy maximized effectivity VKool ko. Nakakapasok pa din kasi sa windshield =P. 2300php daw to cover it completely. Did the math, okay naman, slightly more expensive lang kung papagawa ko sa VKool mismo sa may Otis. Okay na din. =) Para di na ako kung san san nagpupunta pa, sayang gas. hehe!

Meron ba sa inyo yung clicking sound, mga 3 to 5 clicks as you switch from on position to start yung key? Parang may electricals kasi na nagswitch sa relays for some reason. Meron pa din kasi til now di nawawala every time I start the car so I am assuming it is "normal".

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SELEGNA_35 View Post

Late post, my average fuel consumption going to tagaytay last July 6. Very very satisfied with my 1.8 sylphy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you tried to verify manually to compute? Curious din kasi ako how the 1.8 fares. =)

Sa akin kasi after the whole trip MNL - Tagaytay - MNL, the reading was 16.2km/l but the actual FC after manual compute and autostop full tank method is 14.6km/l. 90% accurate pa yung sa kotse because I guess break in pa ako. Previous reading ko was 88% accurate naman all city 8.2 sabi ng computer ng kotse, 7.2 actual.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    After your 1K, did u find any change in engine power? improvement? They used "Z-charged Full Synth Elf" at 600 each.

I find is strange that I will have to come back for 5K and they will top up 1L of oil instead of changing all of it. Where would the 1L now go?
    Since the sylphy's 1.8 engine is almost the same with the grand livina I think I can comment on this one.
    When I changed to fully synthetic oil the only difference i felt was less vibration during start up and improved fuel economy especially during highway runs.
    Regarding the 1 liter of oil for top up, this because approximately the same amount is lost during oil filter change. They don't replace it all because F/S oils are rated to last up to 10k kms as specified in the manual.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    I tried searching for TSB for the Sentra/Sylphy

2013 Nissan Sentra TSBs | CarComplaints.com

So far no TSB related to improving FC. But there appears to be some models that experience power loss and need an update to the car software/computer.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    No i did not, i just relied on the computer reading. I guess it would be at 13km/l because of the traffic in tagaytay-sta rosa road.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Re the top up, as far as I know, engines will burn through our engine oil so that additional 1L at the 5k PMs just ensures that we don't end up going below minimum engine oil level before we have the 10k PMS service interval.

Meron ba sa inyo yung clicking sound, mga 3 to 5 clicks as you switch from on position to start yung key? Parang may electricals kasi na nagswitch sa relays for some reason. Meron pa din kasi til now di nawawala every time I start the car so I am assuming it is "normal".
    If the engine starts burning oil then there's a problem, it means the seals are damaged inside your engine.

About the clicks you hear I think it's just the fuel pump relay and the relays for the self diagnostics. The ones you see that light up in the dashboard before start-up.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    If the engine starts burning oil then there's a problem, it means the seals are damaged inside your engine.

About the clicks you hear I think it's just the fuel pump relay and the relays for the self diagnostics. The ones you see that light up in the dashboard before start-up.
    Ic. Wrong explanation then from someone else. I always wondered why the engine oil would burn after it was explained to me.

Anyway I'm not as worried with petrol engines especially 4 cyl ones. It is wierd though for diesels like Montero and Fortuner. Montero needs a top up of 2L and not just 1L. If that is to replace what is taken out when they replace the oil filter, it just seems a bit much.

But I digress, at least I know there won't be a problem if I don't do the top up as there are no leaks. Thanks. =)

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Did anybody notice the airplane-like sound of the engine when the highest gear is engaged?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Good day Sylphy owners. I'm looking to buy a car this year and this one is in my top 3 (specifically the 1.6 M/T). From reading the thread, i'm getting an impression that this may be the most fuel efficient of all the compact sedans being released this year. Would you guys say so?

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Hi fellow owners.

Just been browsing further through the manual. Was just wondering what your plans are with your change oil PMS interval?

I plan to have it changed to fully synthetic oil instead of semi synthetic in the 1000kms PMS. However, after reading the manual it recommends change oil every 10000kms or 6 months but does not specify whether that rating was based on semi synthetic or fully synthetic.

I don't have a regular schedule but I do not usually drive it during rush hour but I normally average 10000kms a year regardless.

I've been reading if there any developments to oil change artciles online and there is mention of normal driving conditions against severe driving conditions that dictate the change oil interval. However, there is little to mention of a time interval with regards to needing your oil to be change if you can't rack up the miles.

Any advice? I don't want to waste money spending on fully synthetic oil and have the casa just change it every 6 months since we use fully synethetic and replace every year only in our Toyota. If I am forced to go with 6 month interval I might as well opt to use semi synthetic in my 1000kms PMS.

TIA.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy