New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If the choice is yours, what would you rather get a used (but nothing to fix) stock Honda Zoomer vs a brand new Kymco Super 8?

Any insights?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    If the choice is yours, what would you rather get a used (but nothing to fix) stock Honda Zoomer vs a brand new Kymco Super 8?

Any insights?
    I think the Super8 would be easier to maintain. It's also very easy to modify to improve performance. Never encountered a Zoomer BTW.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Don't think they ever sold the Zoomer in the Philippines but people are getting them second hand from Japan.

The Zoomer is a stripped down bare bones scooter, it does not even have under seat storage because the seat just sits on the frame. They are also not particularly comfortable for long rides.

I have a Kymco super 8 and it is very comfortable good storage, plus you can easily mount a Givi box. I find the Zoomer as well as scooter like the Nouvo and Mio or Hayte just to small. The Super 8 is a nice step up and very reliable with a large following in the Philippines.

Lots of mods you can do to it to make it quicker, so far my favorite scooter there.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Never ridden the Zoomer, but I've always been intrigued.

Still, for the same amount of money, get the Super8. Just the right size, with bigger wheels than other heavy scoots, so it's more stable at speed... lots of get-up and go from the engine, and it's fun, whether stock or modified. About the only thing I don't like is that fuel economy is marginally worse than the injected scooters from Japan, thanks to the carb.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Don't think they ever sold the Zoomer in the Philippines but people are getting them second hand from Japan.

The Zoomer is a stripped down bare bones scooter, it does not even have under seat storage because the seat just sits on the frame. They are also not particularly comfortable for long rides.

I have a Kymco super 8 and it is very comfortable good storage, plus you can easily mount a Givi box. I find the Zoomer as well as scooter like the Nouvo and Mio or Hayte just to small. The Super 8 is a nice step up and very reliable with a large following in the Philippines.

Lots of mods you can do to it to make it quicker, so far my favorite scooter there.
    Hehe, Super8 user pala si dvldoc.

Yeah, it has a nice following here in the Philippines indeed. Very good build quality as well.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    this bike makes me say sh!!!!!t!!!! whenever i see one. so rare that it makes me gawk. i'll go for the "bug eyed" zoomer! ut's a klassik. it's also called ruckus. may china version tayo niyan. saw them in a showroom dito sa 10th ave caloocan.
    gerbo, ask bash alam ko may alam siya sa mga parts ng zoomer.
    super8 dami ng meron niyan. so go for the zoomer and prepare for awesomeness!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I think the Super8 would be easier to maintain. It's also very easy to modify to improve performance. Never encountered a Zoomer BTW.
    a zoomer looks like a skeleton typed Yamaha BWS, only bigger and badder.

*gerbo- you might also consider the italjet dragster.
    2 stroke nga lang pero kahit yung 50cc lang, iwan kaluluwa mo! halimaw!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [QUOTE=holdencaulfield;1857288]this bike makes me say sh!!!!!t!!!! whenever i see one. so rare that it makes me gawk. i'll go for the "bug eyed" zoomer! ut's a klassik. it's also called ruckus. may china version tayo niyan. saw them in a showroom dito sa 10th ave caloocan.
    gerbo, ask bash alam ko may alam siya sa mga parts ng zoomer.
    super8 dami ng meron niyan. so go for the zoomer and prepare for awesomeness![/QUOTE

So you know Zalde.

The Zoomer is quite intriguing. Lots of following abroad. Parts and the ability to maintain one is what bothers me at the moment.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i've known him for selling rare scoot accessories aside from retro scoots. sayang, didn't get to meet him in person for my project scoot turned bad!
    but i know he's a great person over the phone and lots of retro MCPEANS could attest to that.

BTT: honda zoomer vis a vis super 8, ako kasi the number 1 thing that i look for in a scoot is yung floor/step board area. yan kasi pinaka kailangan ko sa lahat for the fortuitous errands or etc... the zoomer is very perfect for that. yung super8 nung neighbor ko sabit yung lpg nagasgas yung fairings sayang. yun nga lang wala kang compartment pero dali namang mag-improvise lalo pa siyang unique.
    mas mababa ang zoomer making it more stable and much easier to handle and the tires are suitable for off-roading. kung stock nga talaga siya at hindi modified.
    kung ako i'd just put modifications on the wheels. lowered front, wider rear and chromed rims. extended too...... PRESTO!-------- Awesomeness!
    well, it's just me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    i've known him for selling rare scoot accessories aside from retro scoots. sayang, didn't get to meet him in person for my project scoot turned bad!
    but i know he's a great person over the phone and lots of retro MCPEANS could attest to that.

BTT: honda zoomer vis a vis super 8, ako kasi the number 1 thing that i look for in a scoot is yung floor/step board area. yan kasi pinaka kailangan ko sa lahat for the fortuitous errands or etc... the zoomer is very perfect for that. yung super8 nung neighbor ko sabit yung lpg nagasgas yung fairings sayang. yun nga lang wala kang compartment pero dali namang mag-improvise lalo pa siyang unique.
    mas mababa ang zoomer making it more stable and much easier to handle and the tires are suitable for off-roading. kung stock nga talaga siya at hindi modified.
    kung ako i'd just put modifications on the wheels. lowered front, wider rear and chromed rims. extended too...... PRESTO!-------- Awesomeness!
    well, it's just me.
    I bought a Kiwi retro-scoot from him last year.

RE: Zoomer. One of its kind nga. I'm weighing if its worth 65 thousand with papers. Di naman kasi ito brand new.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Zoomer vs Super8