New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    A Vespa dealer opened here in our area and they have a promo for the LX150ie at P 99k for the first 99 buyers. Searched the net and found that this promo has been since last year, the new dealer Granstar has considerably lower Vespa prices, the units are made in Vietnam, etc. The wife likes the 'vintage' look of the Vespa and said if we are going to have a scooter it would only be Vespa. I've looked at the prices of the other availble scooters and they range at P 60-75k, so the difference can be as big as P 30k. There are a lot of other scooters available:

Yamaha Mio, Nuovo
    Honda Beat, Scoopy
    Suzuki Sydrive, Hayate
    Kymco Super 8, Agility, Like

The use would be mostly for leisure, short rides, with the occasional long trips with the wife (my most anticipated use).

I'd like to have some comments from those with real world experiences, and it would be great if those who've ridden the LX 150ie can share how the ride is.

I'm interested in:
    1. Comfort
    2. Driveability/maneuverability
    3. Actual fuel consumption
    4. Maintenance
    5. Service (dealers, parts)

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    its 150 cc and efi... i think its worth the extra 30k. the other scooters you mentioned are either 125cc or lower only, and non efi.

plus you loved the looks of the vespa.

you can try motorcyclephilippines.com for more feedbacks from actual owners.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    what is efi sir? bakit nga ba ang taas ng price ng vespa?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    what is efi sir? bakit nga ba ang taas ng price ng vespa?
    efi = electronic fuel injection vs. carburator type engine ng majority ng scooters dito sa atin.

as for price, Vespa is a premium italian brand kaya medyo mahal.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks guys, I am just wondering if there's a big difference with other scooters in terms of ride and control.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun25 View Post
    as for price, Vespa is a premium italian brand kaya medyo mahal.
    Vespa is a premium brand alright but most of them, at least in this part of the world, are already outsourced. Not built in Italy.

But it's nice to have one. Better than those China-made ones like the Neco Abruzzi.

Obviously, they have expensive parts. And maintenance may be problematic if you're fat from the dealership.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks, yep I've read that these are made in Vietnam. Not really an issue for me, as manufacturers really go where the costs are low.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    It is made in Vietnam but the parts are form Italy. You can try Piaggio Nuvali, I think they still have this 99k promo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks super blitz, that's where I saw the promo, I'm just wondering how it compares to other scooters.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    Thanks super blitz, that's where I saw the promo, I'm just wondering how it compares to other scooters.
    I was tempted to get one but decided its just going to sit in the garage unused.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast