New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I wanna upgrade my pocket bike to a motor star scooter or e scooter. Is the brand good? I'll be using the scooter for short trips.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    though not a fan of china bikes, i think having a "motorstar" gas fed scoot is far ok than a battery powered e-bike. maintenance wise, you won't be having trouble looking for motorstar parts for they have quite a lot of shops around the metro. and scooter mechanics are just anywhere. while i'm not sure about the costs of an e-bike's aftermarket parts and its reliabilty. what i know about them is that they are fuel efficient (for sure you know they don't run on fuel), yet underpowered and quite expensive than a brand new china bike.
    hope you find what suits your taste.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    though not a fan of china bikes, i think having a "motorstar" gas fed scoot is far ok than a battery powered e-bike. maintenance wise, you won't be having trouble looking for motorstar parts for they have quite a lot of shops around the metro. and scooter mechanics are just anywhere. while i'm not sure about the costs of an e-bike's aftermarket parts and its reliabilty. what i know about them is that they are fuel efficient (for sure you know they don't run on fuel), yet underpowered and quite expensive than a brand new china bike.
    hope you find what suits your taste.

Motorstar is not a china bike, AFAIK it is originated from Vietnam or Indonesia according to what I read last time in a magazine, it goes like other Underbone bikes made by Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha, same efficient 100cc to 155cc engine like its competitors, though I don't like their bike designs, btw, the only weak point of Motorstar bikes are CDi, eto yung unang pumapalya kapag katagalan na, pero marami narin naman nabibilhan neto, kahit pang-honda pwede isalpak dito.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    IMHO, if you want a reliable and longer lasting motorcycle/scooter, you better buy one from those leading brands like honda, yamaha, suzuki and kawasaki. My yamaha crypton is already 11 years old but still serving me well. However, based on my experience, Honda motorcycles, specially the XRM have more available parts, OEM and aftermarket. Konti lang naman siguro ang difference sa price ng motorstar as compared to other leading brands, for me, it's better to buy honda or yamaha.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    a gas fed moped is much practical.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    as for me boss, compared to yamaha, suzuki, honda, or kawasaki, mas mura motor star, quality sa materials and craftmanship mas lamang yung top 4 staple brands natin, pero if pang short runs lang naman ang maalag ka sa motor, pwede na rin motor star, actually indi na ako fan nag honda, simula kasi nung nag boom products nila, naging masyado ng commercialized mga motor nila, as per yamaha naman masyado mahal sticker price nila, yung yamaha mio ko last 2009 ko binili sticker price is 67,400 ( iloilo price po ). go na sa motor star boss, pang service lang naman, d naman pang karera eh, tatagal din yan. meju tipid ka pa sa price ng motor.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    motorstar... mas mura sa big 4 but haven't tried one yet. just wanted to say to avoid their dealer na probikes especially sa sucat. grabe... kesyo low profile dating ko, di ako pinansin when i was on the lookout for a scooter, i gave the business to norkis and got myself a mio instead.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Not worth it IMHO. Dagdagan mo na lang budget mo and buy the trusted brands.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    I have a Motorstar Predator 200cc, binili ko ng 2nd hand nung 2003 hanggang ngayon tumatakbo pa, alaga kasi ng father ko.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Motorstar...., may motor ka na, STAR ka pa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Motor Star. Is it a good brand?