New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Electric powered motorcycles: Any ideas or experiences? Are they reliable?

I'm thinking of buying one for my daily home/office commute since I live just 1-2km away from my office don't want to wear out my car engine by driving it short distances everyday...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sa Tronnix they sell an electric bike for 18k, basically its a street bike with a electric motor, battery and potentiometer to regulate speed.

they claim it can go 20km in a single charge. Problem with electric bikes is that it still uses lead acid battery, youll feel the loss of power/charge when you reach the 1/2 drain mark.

but having a electric bike is not a bad idea considering u live 1 or 2 km from your work place

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are electric scooters which looks exactly like their gasoline powered version. Not sure of the performance though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Why not walk or ride a bike (yung di-pedal)? Exercise pa. Suggestion lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its because sometimes it not nice to arrive at your destination smelling like you just came from the gym, especially if you have to impress a client.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... if it rains, you'll still smell like wet dog anyway.

Maganda ito:

RevoPower Wheel... $400 (over 20k pesos... mahal!), but it's only about 15 lbs and installs in minutes... in fact, even if you have an alloy front wheel, that's only an additional 12 lbs!!! You can take it off your bike to go trail riding, or put it on to commute. It gets about 200 mpg (85 km/l), and with a 25cc gas engine and 1 hp, can get to 32 km/h. Not blazingly fast, but a good way to get through traffic. nonetheless.

By the way, the water bottle is the gas tank, so don't drink from it.

https://www.revopower.com

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Hehe... if it rains, you'll still smell like wet dog anyway.

Maganda ito:

RevoPower Wheel... $400 (over 20k pesos... mahal!), but it's only about 15 lbs and installs in minutes... in fact, even if you have an alloy front wheel, that's only an additional 12 lbs!!! You can take it off your bike to go trail riding, or put it on to commute. It gets about 200 mpg (85 km/l), and with a 25cc gas engine and 1 hp, can get to 32 km/h. Not blazingly fast, but a good way to get through traffic. nonetheless.

By the way, the water bottle is the gas tank, so don't drink from it.

https://www.revopower.com

My mountain bike weights 18 pounds empty and 25 pounds loaded with all the gear!!! At least it's self powered if equipted with revopower.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, that's what I was first thinking when I first heard about it... Being a former runner and cyclist, even just ten extra pounds seems heavy to me... but then you think about it... the only time you'll notice the extra weight is when you're trying to hit your top speed, and you're not exactly going to try to set a new world speed record if you're just going to the office.

Ang ganda pa ng system, it automatically shuts off when you stop, or when you're going faster than the engine can go, so it doesn't guzzle at idle or when you're pedalling hard.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Yup, don't want to arrive in the office looking "dishelved". (but I don't think anybody would notice considering the stereotyping of software developers as veritable slobs ahihihihihihi)

anyway, I'm thinking of those types that looks just like an underbone motor. I'm just edgy when it comes to their reliability.

hmm.. maybe I could buy an electric motor and hook it up to my oldschool mitsu... put in a sticker that says "Electric Powered Oldschooler" then I'm set... hehehe

On a more serious note though, anybody got experience with electric motorcycles?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    norris! :D

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Electric Bikes