New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi guys. I'm a photographer and I'd like to add a roof rack to my car. I'd like to put the larger things that aren't expensive and sensitive there like big light stands, crates of accessories, pieces of plexiglass.

I know of Carryboy and Thule. I looked at the Carryboy site and they don't look they have much to offer in roof racks. I only see the tray, and I am having trouble imagining myself putting longer things on it. I guess I can maybe make a way with some high quality straps (not those bungee cords).

Thule on the other hand I'm sure has everything in racks. I do hear they are super expensive though.

Any thoughts and insights that you guys have to share? Do you guys know where I can find pricelists online?

Thank you!

P.S. Please don't give me "hindi bagay roof rack" or "get a pickup or SUV nalang" replies, and I don't care if my car isn't so bagay with a roof rack

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    BTW. Kapag mag-install ka yata roof rack, you need it to register too sa LTO. May fee din, 100php ATA.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I think the main concern is if the car can handle all that weight on its pillars

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Our roofrack for our e150 costs only 6k at banawe (generic brand) and it handled 300kgs of cargo. No problem. Just use 4 crossbar on it.

Renzo is right. you need to register it to LTO.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    roof rack lang kailangan iparegister sa LTO? any other accessories?

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Thanks for the replies! What brands are you using or recommend? I only know of Carryboy and Thule. I think I also saw a Shark brand somewhere hehe.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Go to banawe and shop around the different stores there. There are lots of roof racks, generic (like those with Horizon stickers, etc.) which are cheap but does the job well. They have crossbars that would suit every vehicle. If you don't have a roof rail, then they have those that would fit your gutters. Prize range is from 2500 up depende sa tawad mo. They will also offer a rack bag that could strap to your rack. mas safe luggage mo with the bag.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    BTW. Kapag mag-install ka yata roof rack, you need it to register too sa LTO. May fee din, 100php ATA.
    Bakit yung roofrack namin sir 2 years na at every car registration tinatanong ng father ko sa LTO Caloocan pero no need na daw register.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hhhmmm nagtanong ako sa LTO lastweek, 370 petot + 100 every year...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think a Thule roof box and bars with the foot pack will set you back around 50K if you get the real large ones. Best to pass by the showroom and inquire.

Quality is very good though, our Thule roof box is already 15 years old and i still use it up to now on our Altis; the car runs on LPG so when i travel with the kiddies for more than three days, trunk space is an issue. Only issue is the gas strut which holds the cover up is already busted.

If you're on a budget then the Carryboy is good.
    Last edited by vinj; July 2nd, 2010 at 07:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Roof Racks to put all sorts of stuff