New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi guys. I owned a 2007 Nissan Patrol Super safari and i want to change my stereo to touch with Gps. I'm looking for the stereo of the new patrol but it's too pricey if i get it in casa. Do you know where can i get one? And what brand is it? Or can you suggest any good head unit with gps brand

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I bought my Outlander's aftermarket headunit in Alibaba.com. It is already more than 3 years in service but still in excellent condition. GPS maps of these headunits can be updated easily. If you don't want online stores, try AVT/ Winterpine in G. Araneta, near SM-Sta. Mesa. They have lots of quality headunits and good aftersales service. HTH.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Try to check this kind of headunit. It has WIFI and it is Android-based operating system.

m.alibaba.com/product/1763284560/gps_car_dvd_for_nissan_patrol.html

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Growl audio. Just search it in olx-dot-com. They are actually the one installing head units for casas of hyundai, kia, toyota and chevrolet. They have a shop in makati and katipunan.pri e ranges from 22k-30k. Units come with dvd, tv, mp3, ipod, usb, bluetooth, gps, reverse cam. Free gps map updates, just keep the receipt.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ curious ako jan sa growl audio. ok ba quality nila bos (sound reproduction, etc)? i'm not much of an audiophile so kung pareho lang ng avt sa monty ok na din. how about their aftermarket service?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok naman growl, i have one installed in my sorento. Sound quality is good naman using stock speakers, mas maganda pa siguro if i upgrade to even just 2-way, or better with seps. Di rin ako audiophile pag nasa kotse so ok na sa akin sound quality nya. Touch screen is responsive enough basta properly calibrated. The tv reception is good (kuha ko channels 2,4,5,7,9 and several news and religious channels, 18 yata total) and i can get reception all the way to san fernando pampanga. I think they already have dvbt models, downside is only channel 2 has dvbt. Bluetooth is so-so, depends on what you pair it with. Mas gusto nya maki-pair sa samsung kesa sa i-phone, maybe because pareho sila na android. The usb and ipod sockets will be located in the glove compartment (has its pros and cons - safe iwan kase hindi kita pero you need to stop on the side of the road to plug in kung magisa ka lang sa car). There are 2 micro-sd slots, one for gps map and another for mp3/mp4/movies that can read as much as 32gig. It reads both mp3, mp4, wmv so you can load movies in a usb or micro-sd card. Gps is accurate enough (depends on the program and map data syempre). My only problem with the gps is that my son played with it and now it will always revert to chinese text amd voice when i switch to gps mode. Pero kabisado ko na so i just press a few times and i can get the english screen and voice. Radio also has good reception, i can pick up manila fm stations all the way to concepcion tarlac. Total of 18 fm preset and 12 am preset channels.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ ok naman pala. siguro a little tweaking lang kailangan para gumanda iyong audio output niya

btw bos yebo, i quoted you about your growl audio experience when a fellow forumer from another forum asked about growl audio products. medyo interesante din kasi. thanks!

Help! Good Headunit with Gps