New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 681 of 1458 FirstFirst ... 581631671677678679680681682683684685691731781 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,810 of 14580
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by penx2 View Post
    Good evening..im stephen from Zamboanga City..im 29 years old..it took me 5 years of hard work..my own blood,sweat tears for me to be able to finally buy my own vehicle..my Strada GLS Sport A/T finally arrive around 2 weeks ago..up to now less than 100KMs palang ang takbo..the only other vehicle ive ever drove is a very old toyota Tamaraw FX..not being used to/exposed to driving other vehicles..im kinda/very afraid to drive my new Strada..especially since the roads here in Zamboanga are way narrow unlike your wide roads there in Manila..althou i've starting to get the hang of driving my Strada..theres one thing that concerns me..parking & backing..especially in cramp spaces...do u suggest i buy a rear view camera?the one u install/clip/stick to your plate no..with 3.5" screen that u get power from the 12V socket...a friend of mine who owns an Isuzu Alterra with a factory installed rearview camera told me na useless daw ang rear view camera..hinde daw accurate..the screen shows na malayo pa daw ang object when infact the object is mere inches away from the vehicle...he says that its better to just rely on ur own estimation/instinct..is it true?please help..im sure u guys have driven more vehicles therefore have more knowledge regarding my concern..please help...althou they say its inevitable,i want to enjoy the fruits of my labor scratch free as long as possible..thanks!!!
    congrats sa new strada mo sir!

regarding sa rear sensor, i installed the one which is clipped on the rear view mirror with digital display on how far is the nearest obstruction. meron din siyang audible warning na bumibilis habang lumiliit ang distance sa likod. if you have the budget, you can install both types of rear sensors para bukod sa visual check ng camera, may digital reading ka pa to determine kung gaano kalayo ka pa sa likod

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    *penx2- congrats po sa new strada mo sir- 5 years! i admire you for your patience! waw!

our club president av8or5 has a camera fitted inside the rear bumper, the lens is the only exposed area that will give you an idea of what to look at the back without excessively twisting your neck. im pretty sure you will hear from him very soon !

it does take time for anyone to get used to something new. don't rush yourself. take your time and enjoy your truck by driving it around as much as you can and by knowing it as much as you can- from reading the manual to controlling the truck through knobs and switches.

drive inspired!

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jashty_enzo View Post
    good evening, i'm planning to buy a strada but i cant decide which variant to choose between gls and gls sport, can somebody help me an idea which choice is better for fuel consumption. I heard from casa that they will have a price increased and they will be releasing a 2009 model, is it true?
    *jashty_enzo- hello po.

A choice of either the 2.5 GLS or the 3.2 GLS Sport should be worth it as these are capable of more than just getting you from point A to point B.

Like what ThePatriarch has said, the 2.5 would be a better choice since this is more fuel efficient vs the 3.2 GLS Sport. To give you an idea of the fuel efficiency of the 3.2 GLS Sport M/T, i had the opportunity to ride with fellow BOSB G01 from Baguo to Manila and Back last week. i measured his fuel consumption throughout the whole trip that consisted of normal highway driving plus trekking up/down kennon road plus his errands in manila amounted to 12kms/liter- reasonable for a big engined truck! What more for the 2.5 GLS- probably 15-17kms/liter.

As for the 2009 facelift, there is no official word about it. lets say this is due by next year, the current design has been executed in 2005 (and launched locally in 2006) so a fresh style will come as it ages. As we all know, the lifecycle of a commercial vehicle would be around 8-9years. the Strada is about to consume 1/3 of it by next year. How will it look like? probably will share the front fascia of the upcoming Montero Sport. As of this writing, there is no upcoming/posted Price Increase for the Strada- sa ibang models po for now and in the coming weeks- Lancer 1.6, L300FB, Outlander 4x2.

May i know from what casa shared with you this info? thanks.
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; August 7th, 2008 at 10:59 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by penx2 View Post
    ..althou i'm starting to get the hang of driving my Strada..theres one thing that really concerns me..parking & backing..especially in cramp spaces..parang hail mary nalang..i just pray na walang objects sa likod whenver i reverse..as much as possible,i avoid backing.i know this cant go on forever..so,.do u suggest i buy a rear view camera?the one u install/clip/stick to your plate no..and with a 3.5" screen that u get power from the 12V socket...a friend of mine who owns an Isuzu Alterra with a factory installed rearview camera told me na useless daw ang rear view camera..hinde daw accurate..the screen shows na malayo pa daw ang object when infact the object is mere inches away from the vehicle...he says that its better to just rely on ur own estimation/instinct..is it true?please help..im sure u guys have driven more vehicles therefore have more knowledge regarding my concern..please help...althou they say its inevitable,i want to enjoy the fruit of my labor scratch free as long as possible..thanks!!!
    Sir penx2, I agree with sir ThePatriarch, if you have the budget get both the rear view camera and a rear parking sensor. This will take care of your backing and parking backwards.

However if limited ang budget mo, the rear parking sensor will suffice to address well your concern.
    Last edited by ooba99; August 8th, 2008 at 12:46 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    congrats on your new ride madam!

from davao ka pala, may dive site ba dyan? hmmm, maybe we can go there to dive and have a mini eb na rin for the strada owners in Mindanao...
    Thanks! sorry for the late reply... here's a link of dive spost here in davao http://www.davaocityhotel.com/diving...ao-dive-sites/

pm me in case you have any plans of visiting, maraming me strada d2! i hope I can be the 1st to have that strada club sticker here in Davao hehehe

anyway.. meron na ba sa inyong nakapagkabit ng carryboy front nudge guard? any feedbacks?? pang porma lang ba i2 or does it serve as a bullbar(?) in case of collision.... I'm planning to install the CB-721 so feedbacks please

also feedback on carryboy roller-up please.. im planning on installing it this week na sana.. may nakapag comment lang kasi na nababasa parin raw ang loob ng truck bed... how true?

btw... na experience ko na ang 'jack-hammer' feeling ng steering!! (papuntang gensan... medyo bumpy kasi ang terrain) has anybody done anything to solve this? squeeking sound in leafspring rin although di naman ganun ka annoying (will have at checked upon 1st 1k) 2-3sec zero visibility habang umuulan... how do I avoid this?? sorry for the questions thanks for all your comments and suggestions!!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hello ms. piggyprincess. I will try to answer some of the queries that you poised.

Quote Originally Posted by piggyprincess View Post
    Thanks! sorry for the late reply... here's a link of dive spost here in davao http://www.davaocityhotel.com/diving...ao-dive-sites/

pm me in case you have any plans of visiting, maraming me strada d2! i hope I can be the 1st to have that strada club sticker here in Davao hehehe
    In pursuit of fulfilling their dream of seeing dyesebel, sigurado akong kakagat sina ThePatriarch and docglen once they see the link that you posted.

anyway.. meron na ba sa inyong nakapagkabit ng carryboy front nudge guard? any feedbacks?? pang porma lang ba i2 or does it serve as a bullbar(?) in case of collision.... I'm planning to install the CB-721 so feedbacks please
    The nudge guard offers little or no protection against hard collisions. It may offer some protection to your bumper for, as the word implies, nudging or pushing another vehicle.

For me, it is mainly for aesthetics.

also feedback on carryboy roller-up please.. im planning on installing it this week na sana.. may nakapag comment lang kasi na nababasa parin raw ang loob ng truck bed... how true?
    I'll let those who have installed answer this question.

But as far as I am concerned and know, the roller-up lid is indeed a head-turner. Maganda siya, no doubt. Carryboy states that it is weatherproof and will not say that it is waterproof. I hope you get the difference.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have both Pace Edwards and Carryboy roller lid in my trucks and sad to say, water could still penetrate in them. Carryboy told me that the roller lid is the new improved roller top and it's almost water tight so I gave it a shot. Well, I guess I was wrong. They didn't have the roller top at that time and they don't know when they will a have stock so I said I will try that one. One thing I don't like with the roller lid is that at first, it's soooooo complicated to use though it looks so good and it's so convenient especially on rainy days that you don't need to manually open/close the whole thing. All you need is a touch of a button. Back to the complicated issue. When they were installing it, it already had lots of problems and they replaced the keys 3x, module 1x and receiver 3x and to think the lid is still in the process of installation. After all of those, they managed to make it work. However, when I arrived home, it didn't want to lock/unlock again. At times I even regret getting this thing. Good thing with this is you can't push it since it's motorized. I just lock/unlock it in the door bed.

If the water could still penetrate in the "new and improved" roller lid, for sure it could penetrate in the roller top. The good thing is during rainy days, the truck bed where my pace edwards is installed is more wet as compared to where my roller lid is installed... maybe for now.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hey mga pinsan! The Strada won the pickup comparo in the latest issue of C! magazine! ayush na!!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Good day to everyone...

Tama si D' Patriarch, baka may sentimental value ang mga mags and tires na yun kaya ganun ang price range nila. Me, up to now, di ko pa napapalitan nang 17" mags na para sa GLS Sport and blue GLX ko. But am planning to go to Banawe this coming Sunday to source out said shoes for my ride.

Last Friday pala, before I went to a dinner function sa company namin. Past by Miggyboy sa Caloocan and bought the gray fender flares (at 8K) and the spare tire lock (at 1k).

I was pretty much satisfied with the flares at first. Kaso when i came back home in Angeles City from Subic early afternoon this past Wednesday. Past by Carryboy - Angeles to inquire about their utility boxes.

Noticed they were installing black fender flares sa isang red Strada. Medyo nanlambot ako to see their fender flares are better compared to the ones being sold by Miggyboy. Better in a sense that the rear ends of the flares (front wheels), right on the mudguards extends all the way inwards. Unlike the Miggyboy's which stops midway the mudguards. Worse, you can see the screws on the Miggyboy's, while the screws for the Carryboy's are professionally hidden.

Just my cup of tea, Bros...

By the way, anyone interested in buying 1-week old gray fender flares? 6.5k na lang...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sTrAdA_08 View Post
    mga boss, tanong ko lang po kung ok na ba yung presyo na P4,800 para sa steel rim at bridgestone 205 h/t tires? 800 daw po yung rim tapos 4k yung tires.. sa may west ave. po ako nagtanong.. spare tire lang naman..
    A club member bought a spare sa evangelista.. around P3K yata, steel rims and tires na.

New Mitsubishi Strada [ARCHIVED]