New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 172 of 324 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3240
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    I can only recommend Unioil and Seaoil to the guy asking about the proper diesel to use in the Montero.

I tried using Caltex diesel, I felt severe engine drag every single time I used it and power loss was so noticeable.

I just don't advice using non-Euro 4 diesel for the Montero on it.

Is it safe to use Shell or Petron? Personal experience and others in my circle have already experienced the checking engine light issue. Reason was not dirty fuel only, but rusted fuel tank/fuel line.

It doesn't matter really which of the big 3 you use, if there is water contamination, you get the risk of rusting your fuel system. And if that happens, it's not the dirt/fuel quality issues that is clogging up your filter but rust.

I used Petron almost always in ours and got a rusted fuel neck (at the latter half of the 3years of ownership within warranty period). Friends mostly used shell because of Shell Citibank and they got rusted fuel tanks (Within 2 years of ownership).

Changing the filters only removes the check engine light for the interim but it will pop back up again because it is detecting the contaminants (rust). So as much as possible, go Euro 4.

My two cents.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i'm looking for the complete service manual sana. like the one i have for the fd and the ek before.
    the link provided by *leinathan is the complete Workshop Manual, semi-interactive web-based table of contents and references. You also have the option to run the MUT-3 application and other additional service/maintenance guides.. The file is a compressed 450MB+ .. more than what we need for I think for DIY maintenance purposes.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ash0279 View Post
    the link provided by *leinathan is the complete Workshop Manual, semi-interactive web-based table of contents and references. You also have the option to run the MUT-3 application and other additional service/maintenance guides.. The file is a compressed 450MB+ .. more than what we need for I think for DIY maintenance purposes.
    I think it's the complete service manual for our montys. Each item/part for that matter has sub-items. The contents is so dense that I haven't completed reading it as of this posting since I got hold of the file nearly couple of years back.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile app on S3LTE
    Last edited by leinahtan; August 27th, 2014 at 10:00 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ got it mga bos. will check it out. thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Sirs,

Going home last night, the "Preventive Maintenance Required" message popped up on my MUD panel also saying that I've reached 1,000 kms. However, my odometer reading only says 803 kms. Honestly, I don't know what to make of it. Would you suggest I go through with the PMS?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ ganyan talaga bos. the pms warning lights up a hundred or so kilometers before the actual required distance traveled for your regular vehicle check-up. in other words, warning din iyan para ihanda na ang wallet niyo

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ ganyan talaga bos. the pms warning lights up a hundred or so kilometers before the actual required distance traveled for your regular vehicle check-up. in other words, warning din iyan para ihanda na ang wallet niyo
    hahahaha... tnx sir... yun nga unang pumasok sa isipan ko... cha-ching!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BMGregorio View Post
    Sirs,

Going home last night, the "Preventive Maintenance Required" message popped up on my MUD panel also saying that I've reached 1,000 kms. However, my odometer reading only says 803 kms. Honestly, I don't know what to make of it. Would you suggest I go through with the PMS?
    it's normal. you will see it appear before your PMS of 1k, 5k, 10k and every 5k thereafter. your SA will reset it after your PMS or you can reset it yourself if you know the latest code or password.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Good pm mga sir. Is it okay to miss my 5k pms? I'm currently on 5,700-ish on my odometer. Lumagpas na ko sa 5k dahil ngayon lang nagkabudget. Ihabol ko pa ba sa 5k pms or wait ko na lang mag 10k? Thanks in advance.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    As I understand it, as long as you don't miss a PMS period, as in checking in your car at 10,000 instead of 5,000 +, then it is OK.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App