New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let's have a separate thread to discuss mods on Monty Sports. I have some newbie questions.

Can you mount a double DIN HU on a 4x2 Monty? Does it require a dash kit or something?

How did you guys mount a back up camera?

Is there a spare tire lock available (something a bit more OEM-looking than the usual chain and padlock)?

Any ideas on a good chin spoiler. Something that doesn't look like it came out of a comic book.

Is a rear towbar/hitch receiver available?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    o.t. Sir Otep... are you the same Otep of 4x4ph?

back to the topic... +1 on otep's inquiry... am thinking of putting a navigational and entertainment 2din unit on my montero too.

plus another inquiry... My montero sport is the entry level variant without the multi-meter info unit. in any case that i plan to purchase a multi-meter unit what else do i need besides the mounting bracket? does it have a separate ecu to handle the computation for its fuel consumption? thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mga sir,

A couple of monty owners have already done what you are referring to. Best to search the old montero forum and do some back-reading to get the details

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's 500+ pages long, I've been backreading for a week na. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    It's 500+ pages long, I've been backreading for a week na. hehehe.
    Hahaha. Noted sir. Other than sir NTYCE, I can't remember the other monty owners that did similar mods, so sorry I can't help point you in the right direction.

Might want to ask within the other thread for the members' names, and maybe you can just PM them... sure beats reading through 500 pages of posts.

Just a suggestion sir.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    part no. MN179269XA

Center console montero.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Let's have a separate thread to discuss mods on Monty Sports. I have some newbie questions.

Can you mount a double DIN HU on a 4x2 Monty? Does it require a dash kit or something?
    Yup, just buy a 4x4 center console from sir Richmond (09178815002/09228815002) then swap it. You may have to shave just a bit of the inner plastic slot but eventually it will come out similar to this:

Montero Sport Mods Thread