New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    maybe the manufacturer thinks their cvt isn't tough enough...?
    or maybe it may uplift the price to non-competitive levels...?
    naisip ko na lang na maybe its related to the old Nissan CVT issues...

kaya siguro they released a 4AT version dito sa atin... pero weird pa din since Indonesia gets a CVT

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    According to scotty kilmer, more manufacturers are embracing the CVT in their line-up because it is cheaper to manufacture than the traditional AT.
    Not sure though which is cheaper to manufacture, the old school 4AT or the CVT?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    According to Mark Parulan, Assistant Vice President for Sales and Marketing, the reason the PH-spec Xpander continues to have a 4-speed automatic is due to customer demand. When Mitsubishi was conducting customer feedback regarding the new Xpander, the automaker said that customers wanted to focus more on styling and feature upgrades.

When it came to the transmission choices, however, Mitsubishi claimed that customers didn't find anything wrong with the 4-speed slushbox. This meant that the automaker didn't have to change the self-shifting transmission for the GLX and GLS variants. But does this mean Mitsubishi will not offer the CVT in the future?
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...e-gearbox.html

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    According to scotty kilmer, more manufacturers are embracing the CVT in their line-up because it is cheaper to manufacture than the traditional AT.
    Not sure though which is cheaper to manufacture, the old school 4AT or the CVT?
    well, CVTs might be cheaper to manufacture (i don't know if this is true or not), but
    currently, writers say that CVT is presumed to be not as hardy as traditional AT, and is also more expensive to repair...

so given the choice, what will i get, the CVT'd or the traditional AT'd ?
    being the lolo-driver that i am, the CVT'd one will probably last long enough for me, mas mura pa sa fuel!
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 14th, 2024 at 10:49 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I think the cost depends who the supplier is for the AT. (I'm guessing it's JATCO since the Xpander platform is shared between Nissan and Mitsu.)

My hunch is that the 4AT is cheaper since the CVT versions were deployed in more lucrative markets compared to the Philippines.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

7. Join Date
    May 2011

In truth, traditional A/T vs CVT, the A/T is more durable. One major advantage of CVT is the improved fuel economy and the smooth driving.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    1.3M sa GLS at 1.6M sa GT. Mahihirapan bumenta kahit may 100k discount. Sa Corolla Cross G mas ok pa.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    1.3M sa GLS at 1.6M sa GT. Mahihirapan bumenta kahit may 100k discount. Sa Corolla Cross G mas ok pa.
    the hybrid corolla cross looks more appealing at those prices.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    madami pa din kasing "iwas" sa hybrid because of the "rumored cost" ng battery replacement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast