New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    "Mitsubishi Motor Philippines Corp. (MMPC) will stop local production of the Lancer when it moves to its new plant in Sta. Rosa, Laguna in January 2015"

Read more: http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...ion-of-lancer-

I guess no more staggering price discounts (as much as 95k for the GLX variant) for the Lancer EX next year ?
    What does this mean for EX owners? Higher maintenance parts? Sayang, kung kelan pa naman gumaganda ang sales ng Lancer.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    have they announced what they're replacing it with in the phils.?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i read that they will get their lancers from japan afterward...
    good...?
    i wonder how pricing will be affected?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I remember nung nabaha yung planta ng Honda sa Thailand. CBU Japan yung Jazz na dinala dito. Mas maganda yung specs, but with corresponding price increase.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hindi kaya gradual phaseout na ito ng Lancer worldwide, since balita ko the Evo X will be the last of its kind?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well the Lancer has poor sales naman e overall in the local market and PHL made Lancers are sold just here and are not for export. So I think its just a simple business decision of lack of "economies of scale"...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well the Lancer has poor sales naman e overall in the local market and PHL made Lancers are sold just here and are not for export. So I think its just a simple business decision of lack of "economies of scale"...
    Yeah, bka better pa na yung strada or yung mirage ang i-assemble dito.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Still not viable. Lack of government incentives, cheaper to produce in Thailand or Indonesia.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    "Mitsubishi Motor Philippines Corp. (MMPC) will stop local production of the Lancer when it moves to its new plant in Sta. Rosa, Laguna in January 2015"

Read more: http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...ion-of-lancer-

I guess no more staggering price discounts (as much as 95k for the GLX variant) for the Lancer EX next year ?
    What does this mean for EX owners? Higher maintenance parts? Sayang, kung kelan pa naman gumaganda ang sales ng Lancer.
    I fail to comprehend why this would mean higher maintenance costs? We still have the 97 Lancer (Pizza Pie) and there are no scarcity of parts. Toyota and Mitsubishi spare parts are always available outside CASA. The only part we were forced to source at CASA was the filter for AT fluid for my Lancer but that's about it and I don't expect to buy another AT fluid filter as you only need to replace AT fluid filter only once in a car's lifetime and more modern cars nowadays don't even need AT fluid replacement anymore as they claim it's already good for the car's lifetime w/c is why no need for dipstick for AT fluids anymore.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Noone buys the Lancer EX nowadays anyway.

Haven't seen a new one on the road sporting W-series plates (last of the Rizal series), much less the new LTO plates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi Motor Philippines Corp. (MMPC) will stop local production of the Lancer