New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 57 of 204 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    P1.8m for a 2.5 litre MS? An upgraded DI-D wouldn't justify that kind of a markup.
    e di panalo pa rin GLS SE namin......... 1.8M for 3.2 engine

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hope that would cure the turbo lag of the current GLS engine. Too bad nakabili na ako...
    GLS lang ba ang may lag?? how about our GLS se??

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    GLS lang ba ang may lag?? how about our GLS se??
    May VGT turbo din naman ang 4M4 3.2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_4M4_engine

4M41
    Displacement — 3200 cc
    Bore — 98.5 mm
    Stroke — 105.0 mm
    Fuel type — Diesel

Intercooled turbo
    Fuel system — Electronic control type distributor type pump (direct injection inside diesel tube) or Common Rail Direct Injection
    Compression ratio — 17:1
    Power — 121 kW (165 PS) at 4000 rpm
    Torque — 351 N·m (259 lb·ft) at 2000-3000 rpm
    Applications:

1999-2006 Mitsubishi Pajero
    2005-present Mitsubishi Triton / L200 / Strada
    2006-present Mitsubishi Pajero
    2009-present Mitsubishi Pajero Sport / Montero Sport

Variable geometry intercooled turbo
    Fuel system — Electronic control type distributor type pump (direct injection inside diesel tube) or Common Rail Direct Injection
    Compression ratio — 17:1, 16.0:1
    Power — 129 kW (175 PS), 147 kW (200 PS) at 3800 rpm
    Torque — 382 N·m (282 lb·ft), 441 N·m (325 lb·ft) at 2000 rpm
    Applications:

2006-present Mitsubishi Pajero
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 10th, 2010 at 12:07 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^the VGT is only for the pajero....

the 4m41 that is installed in the montero and strada does not have the VGT system...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Why not install up to date VGT engines in next year's MS to cure the turbolag? But are we willing to shell out the differnece?
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 10th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Why not install up to date VGT engines in next year's MS to cure the turbolag? But are we willing to shell out the differnece?

I think MMPC is already planning the launch of the 4d56 with VGT system for the strada and montero early next year....and in relation to that a co member from thailand have already mentioned that there is already a planned launch of that triton variant that has VGT late this year in bangkok and I'm pretty sure it will go the same for the montero...and also to support the information better for the possible launch, another member who has just returned from a trip in europe said that the triton with VGT has already been released over there so it definitely signifies that its nearing the launch on the AsiaPac market....So as usual, we here in asia especially here in our country are always getting the good stuff later than everyone else...

Willing to shell out you ask? maybe both of us may not but I'm pretty sure theres a lot who is more than willing....
    Last edited by locoroco777; October 10th, 2010 at 12:48 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    ^^the VGT is only for the pajero....

the 4m41 that is installed in the montero and strada does not have the VGT system...
    Monseratto say GLS SE has VGT?

Anyway, can we replace and upgarde our GLS SE turbo into VGT turbo system?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    Monseratto say GLS SE has VGT?

Anyway, can we replace and upgarde our GLS SE turbo into VGT turbo system?

No, its not...

yep I think its possible, maybe you need at least 150 to 200k or even a lot more to get it done and your not even sure if its gonna work properly...

to cite an example, Way back I remember , our co member from bangkok (sir dadz) was able to source out a VGT system from a volvo, unfortunately it didn't go well as expected...

but now maybe a VGT system from a pajero BK would probably work with the current 4m41 installed in the strada and monty....the only problem that i'm seeing is the cost and the place where you can source out the Pajero VGT system...

either way if you find the VGT system expensive, you can always settle for the other upgrades which does not require too much cost as the VGT, like the piggyback ECU system or alcohol injection...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    I think MMPC is already planning the launch of the 4d56 with VGT system for the strada and montero early next year....and in relation to that a co member from thailand have already mentioned that there is already a planned launch of that triton variant that has VGT late this year in bangkok and I'm pretty sure it will go the same for the montero...and also to support the information better for the possible launch, another member who has just returned from a trip in europe said that the triton with VGT has already been released over there so it definitely signifies that its nearing the launch on the AsiaPac market....So as usual, we here in asia especially here in our country are always getting the good stuff later than everyone else...

Willing to shell out you ask? maybe both of us may not but I'm pretty sure theres a lot who is more than willing....
    I also heard this from a friend who works in a dealership. Lalabas daw yung VGT by 1Q 2011.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    mga gurus, how much kaya is the additional price if with vgt system na? price on top of the current price ng monty? para mkapag ipon na heheheh or bumili nlng without vgt

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.