New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 204 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xscape View Post
    yung 8mos old gls se ko napansin ko na parang puma pallya before mag 10k, so pina check ko sa casa and they found out na may defect yung fuel suction valve ko.. so they replaced it yesterday and now lakas na humatak ulit

i had the same problem. my same model na 1 year and 3 mos wouldn't start. also, the fuel economy sucked. nasa casa siya ngayon. alam mo ba kung may long term effects yung defective na suction valve? should i get other parts of the car looked at? thanks to anyone who can help.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    hi guys, have you ever been fooled by a dealer to buy a car na tinanggihan ng previous buyer because she saw some defects? do you still consider that a brandnew car?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just want to share my problem with my 2010 4x2 Monterosport GLS

My car is less than 4 months old with 10,000kms on the odo.

Before you read, my main problem with my Monty is the steering wheel making 'eeee' or hizzing sound.

Brought it to casa 4 times as of the moment and still no solution to fix the problem.

1st time - lubrication and come back again when we can hear the sound.

2nd - replace rack and pinion under warranty (cost is about 56,000) finally, the sound came out and they did something about it!

3rd - Steering column assembly under warranty (cost is about 8,000) Im fu*#$%g speechless, it's still making noise and this time louder!

4th - still in casa....Im getting Mitsubishi Motors Corp's attention!

Gentlemen, here's another bad news, Casa replaced my steering column assembly this time under warranty (cost if no warranty is about 8,000plus) after 2 hours of release, the sound came out and this time its louder.....

Don't listen to your SA telling you it will be gone after a while, it's not true.. The noise on my car first came out at 1,500KMs now its on 10,000kms and after several replacement of parts and lubrication, the noise is still there plus much worse....

This time, I got fed up of going back to Casa and complaining the same problem, this time I called Mitsubishi Motor Corp head office in Ortigas Extension and demanded to talk to someone regarding my unresolvable case on my lemon montero. Finally I was able to talk to Mr.Don Manzano tel no. 658-0719 who was in charge of Technical & Warranty customer service.... If you plan to call him to seek advise, tell them you got the number from another member who has the same problem...If they can't help you, talk to his boss Mr. Dave Doctor.
    On the contrary, he told me that they usually do not talk directly to consumers, they will tell you that their authorize service center will be the one coordinating with them....In my case, its different, same problem has not been resolve.

I asked if I could bring my car to their factory instead of Casa, he appologize and he told me he will handle my case and coordinate with the (unreliable) service center of Union Motor, and If they will need assistance, they will send their own technician to look at my car.....I told him that what worries me the most is when my Waranty is gone which is 3 years or 100,000kms whichever comes first...What if the warranty is gone and the problem is still unsolved? He told me they keep records of each cars for years and he promise me that he will approve authorization of warranty work to be done on my vehicle regarding the same problem if it still occurs....I want this in writing so I will write them a formal complain letter attach with all the warranty work that has been done on my monty...........need to protect your investment guys! (my liability)

I have talked to John trinidad, Vice president of service center in Union Motor 562 7208 and complained several times on the same problem that they can not fix...All he will tell you, I will have my lead technician to look after your concern...I told him, the same problem occurs and I question your techinicans / lead techinician competence, may be we need the factory to send somebody with experience or send the car to them....He has nothing else to say to me cuz may be I complain too much to them and almost everyone in service department knows me cuz I will not stop until they fix my problem.....We keep our cars for at least 10 years and I will not allow problems as early as 4 months old....
    If you plan to call him for advise, tell him you got the number from another member with the same problem.

Another concern, I was waxing my car 1 week ago and notice a defect on the paint job of my Monty, parang excess paint siya na tumigas, small parang isang dot...Union Motors will fix this problem also, either by sanding or repainting my front right fender...

BTW, I got my 10,000kms PMS last Friday, and guess what, their technicians forgot to re-clip the plastic coverings under the fender behind the springs when they did some lubrication and bolt tightening or performing warranty work. Good thing I noticed this cuz I check my tire pressure regularly....

Getting your rack and pinion and steering column assembly replaced each time this 'eeeeeeee' or hizzing sound comes out is not a solution to your problem. What if your warranty is over and they will not honor your request? On top of this, what if there is really something wrong with the steering design and it breaks down on you while driving alone or with your family, will you compromise your life and theirs? In Japan, there have been cases with the older mitsubishi cars that claimed several lives - google it....We're in the Philippines, manufature re-calls is unheard of even if they know something is wrong.

Other problem:
    wheel cylinder is broken at 10,000kms....brake fluid leaking....solution is repair kit, they should've replaced it!...

I think I need to get a life insurance more than a car insurance with acts of God! Hopefully, in 2011, they should offer a free life insurance when you buy a Mitsubishi!

I will keep you guys and girls posted here until I find a proper solution to this problem....

cheers!

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    ^^ I understand your sentiments sir Myogi.. I hope they will be able to find the real fault. One of the alarming problems re steering column as many have already undergone replacement process.. Did you address this problem in our MSCP website as well sir? I hope the so called "Lemon" unit is non-existence..

Mine is past 15k kms already but never had experiences such as this.
    But i have the thud sound on downshift between 3rd gear to 2nd gear. But not frequent. Others have this as well. I haven't checked it yet with the Casa.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yes sir Navigotor, I have been posting on MSCP since day 1 of this problem...
    I find it funny when I ask Union service center if they have encountered the same problem before and all they say I am the only unit owner who has this problem.....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Myogi View Post
    Yes sir Navigotor, I have been posting on MSCP since day 1 of this problem...
    I find it funny when I ask Union service center if they have encountered the same problem before and all they say I am the only unit owner who has this problem.....
    maganda siguro kung funrun kayo sa casa para malaman nila di ka nag iisa sa problem mo

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by navigator2377 View Post
    But i have the thud sound on downshift between 3rd gear to 2nd gear. But not frequent. Others have this as well. I haven't checked it yet with the Casa.
    sir nav update mo kami dito mayron din sakin nito first few hundreds pa lang ng odo lalo na pag paakyat ng mall parking.. akala mo may bumangga sa likod

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Please read this site for some mitsubishi recall history that might be of interest to us owner of montero. Parang matagal na problem na pala ang recently announced recall ng mga Montero that was bought last 2008-early 2009. www.mitsubishisucks.com.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    I also experienced that eeee or eeeet sound in our steering wheel (2010 Montero sport Gls 4x4 m/t) when my odo reached 4,500. We brought it to casa here in iloilo at Avescor Motors. At first check up, they cleaned it with wd4d or what do you call it, drived test it and the sound was lost, but when we reached home, the sound came back. We had our second check up when we had our 5000 km checkup/change-oil. They get the steering wheel and put lubricant on it. The sound was gone for a week. Then came back again.

We observed it and finally it was GONE.
    It started when i drove our MS at rough roads in Ajuy, Iloilo.

Another problem is that the irritating rattling sound in the dashboard.. Guys, help us to remove that rattling sounds. our MS is 6 mos old bought from UNION MOTOR Corporation PACO.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Musta mga Monty owners? I only read Mitsu threads once in a while. Laki kasi tulong ng ideas nyo. I just want to share yung recently nangyayari sa Monty ko. 2X na kasi nangyari sa amin sa Pangasinan. In each incident, after idling for around 15-20minutes, within distance of 100-200m, grabe ang lag sa acceleration. As in! Mas mabilis nga yung tricycle e. Tpos pansin namin lakas ng puting usok na lumalabas sa xhaust pipe. Delikado nga eh kasi I had to push the hazard button at nagflash ako para malaman ng kasalubong kong mga trucks. Nangyari na ba sa inyo yun? My Monty is 2.5 GLS 4x2 A/T 2010.
    :mad:

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.