New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 49 of 204 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by saulctg View Post
    would like to share some issues with my monty (3.2 4x4 a/t ym2010 april ) which i beleived the flaws should be rectified by mitsu in the future.
    1) steering . ekkk /whossh sound is emanating from steering wheel
    during 2k until 4 k odo.thereafter recurring but negligible very faint
    sound.
    2) transmission.from dead stop, everytime shifting the gear to drive
    or reverse , a "tok " faint sound could be heard from below the
    car.
    3) annoying loud thud sound coming from below rear part.during decelaration to about 35 kph ,likewise accelaration in a downhill run.

brought my monty to mitsu casa , they inspected ,made road test and
    verbally confirmed the item 2 & 3.anyhow their service report verdict is "within specs "daw. for item 1 hinde daw nila madinig,pero in a quite area meron talaga.maingay kasi inside their service area.
    naiinis ako dahil i need to spend 1.7 mil php to have this freebies of annoying sounds and flaws aside from minor ones which we have to dealt with.
    details of minor flaws to be posted later.
    I started this thread because of issues. Mine is same unit but got it last may 2009. Grabe talaga.......

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i honestly feel that this thread is abig help, as i read thru the threads, i learned about the SCV problem, i feel that if we can specifically tell the CASAs what part to look at and fix, i feel they will fix and claim MMC the repairs as warranty claim so let's keep it up...

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post

*easyman3, I also noted that Mitsu C5 fixed your thud problem? Did this include a thud when starting your engine?

Regards to all and many thanks in advance.
    Starting thud is my biggest problem that was resolved. C5 casa did it, ask ronnie. they will cut some hitting metel to metel....brace yourself. you will never like it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    Starting thud is my biggest problem that was resolved. C5 casa did it, ask ronnie. they will cut some hitting metel to metel....brace yourself. you will never like it.
    i think i know this problem, i experienced this when i had a metal plate installed in my strada, then had to cut some part from the metal plate so the shaft under my strada wouldn't hit the plate. maybe this is more common on montero sports that are manual transmission...

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boner1 View Post
    sir tanyen,

i would suggest the MS. its the newest body and engine in the category you mentioned. it would last you about 3 1/2 more years (introduced in 2008) before you expect an entirely new body from Mitsubishi. facelifted versions of the MS, are of course, a marketing strategy. for instance, look at the key fob. when the MS was launched, the keys came in 2 pieces - one for the remote keyless entry, and the other one to start the engine. now, it is an integrated type with an engine immobilizer. if i am not mistaken, it looks like the keys of the outlander. please backread for the other minor modifications, it has been listed before.

the Santa Fe and the Fortuner are both up for major model changes in 2011.

the Montero Sport has its flaws. there are solutions already. my experience in car buying is to avoid the first generation models. i used to buy cars within a few months after its initial release. the 2010 model which you will eventually get has some issues addressed already. lesser worries for you.
    but then again, a truck is a truck. please do not expect the refinement of a luxury sedan in the rigid body of this SUV.

for me, best bang for the buck! mine is a Savanna White 4X2, 200 kms on it, just 2 weeks old.

goodluck on your car hunting!

all the best.
    I am not toyota salesman but i would not recommend mitsu because of the troubles i got

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    Thanks easyman2!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    mitsu casa should have single database or share info among themselves how to fix the thud noise or start recalling all the units affected ,hinde lang mitsu c5.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    napansin ko din ang raindrops sa roof ng monty ay maririnig mo ,siguro manipis ang deadening materials.need to double the insulation.

pati ang front window wiper kahit na new unit ay maingay ang rubber during operation parang maganit at slightly jumping. what i did is clean the window glass and the rubber with kerosene and wax remover.so far may improvement naman at subukan ko palitan ng new rubber baka sakaling maging noise free.

to me , the stock sound system hinde rin maganda ang sound quality.the speaker sucks!!!need to change the speakers.mas maganda pa nga ang mga sound quality ng mga other low end cars.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^yup, I also noticed our MS's wiper(mejo maganit) kahit d nman namin sya pinapark sa initan...3months old pa lang sya ganun na agad. Dad ko gumagamit ng MS namin. Lately ko lang na drive yung MS and mejo nagulat ako nung pag ON ko nung parklights, yung illumination sa dashboard ng MS ay red?! pati sa instrument panel? huwaw!!! nabigla nman ako nun wehehe!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    may bubble nanaman ang reflector ng left foglight....

check niyo sa inyo baka hindi niyo lang napapansin... parang kumulo sa init ng bulb

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.