New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 204 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yes i did. the mechanic sid that they also notice one from the other but the owner did not notice. after fixing that unit, ako din daw. pinababalik sa akin dahil no time na when i went there.
    Sir
    May i know kung saan casa ito? I want my montero to be checked din for this issue. thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    update lang po. The casa seems to unable to fix the "Thug" sound when starting. They quit fixing it.

The culprit is the engine hitting the chasis when starting. I sent the unit to them 3 times already and the Thug is still there but lessened. BUT the thing is: it still there. Once in a while it "thugs". If this not usual to other GLS SE 4x4, then our unit should be replaced if not corrected.

According to the attendant of the other forumer who has same unit told him it is normal because it has a bigger engine. Grabeeeee...... i will write Mitsu thailand and japan and philipines to complain.

i keep you all updated.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    So if the engine is hitting the chassis during starting then it would only be a matter of time before it might also hit it when shutting down.

I think there a design defect on the engine mounts and clearances.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Ako issue ko sa front aircon.

May air leak sa ilalim (towards your feet, both sides - driver and passenger) even if the setting is Air to the Face mode.

I've tested 2 other MS units, 1 GLS SE and the other was a GLS 4x4, parehong meron din.

Last week went to the CASA for my 5KM PMS (btw, 2,100 pesos sya top up of 2 liters na synthetic oil and air filter) and had it checked, NORMAL daw yun. They can't find anything wrong.

Ganyan din ba mga units nyo?

Aside from this, wala akong complaints (not weird sounds as posted in Page 1 nor wiper issues).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post

May air leak sa ilalim (towards your feet, both sides - driver and passenger) even if the setting is Air to the Face mode.

I've tested 2 other MS units, 1 GLS SE and the other was a GLS 4x4, parehong meron din.

Last week went to the CASA for my 5KM PMS (btw, 2,100 pesos sya top up of 2 liters na synthetic oil and air filter) and had it checked, NORMAL daw yun. They can't find anything wrong.

Aside from this, wala akong complaints (not weird sounds as posted in Page 1 nor wiper issues).

usually may air vent sa paanan ng driver side na permanenteng may lumalabas na AC.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hmmm. pasensya na. Now ko lang napansin sa Mitsubishi vehicle kasi ang ganito. I have a spacegear, no permanent vent (unless you switch to AIR to FEET mode), also had a GSR coupe, same thing. Same case with my past cars Toyota, Isuzu, etc.

Weird lang for me and nasasayangan sa air flow kasi the front vents are not only for the 1st row but for the 2nd row as well, the higher the airflow the better for the 2nd row passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    usually may air vent sa paanan ng driver side na permanenteng may lumalabas na AC.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post

sir dapat wala. nabuksan na ba center console mo like HU upgrade or amp installation? baka lang di naikabit mabuti yung cables for a/c switches particularly for the air distribution setting. when my amp was installed, i see to it that all cables and switches are in place and working prior to closure.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by batangmahal View Post
    i think these issues appeared with the Strada as well, it might be good to compare notes with our Strada brothers (TSCP) out there
    bro, wala pang ganyang issue na lumabas sa strada thread (as far as i can recall)...

yan ang advantage if you have a club... you can compare your unit with one another so alam nyo ang 'normal' o hindi. but i can attest may mga complaints na driver na ang may problem hindi yung vehicle (proven na yan sa strada club, hehehe). naalala ko tuloy si steve, yung british na member ng TSCP, when asked kung may complaints siya sa strada. eto reply nya:"its a damn pick-up, not a bloody ferrari!"
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; April 30th, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sir XTO, di ko pa pinapabuksan ever since binili ko. Baka nga ayusin ko na lang pag nagpainstall ako ng amp. Mukhang tinatamad lang talaga sa CASA since baklasan ang mangyayari to fix it.

I did however noticed the same thing with 2 other units, although I have to admit mas mahina yung buga ng hangin ng unit nila.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    sir dapat wala. nabuksan na ba center console mo like HU upgrade or amp installation? baka lang di naikabit mabuti yung cables for a/c switches particularly for the air distribution setting. when my amp was installed, i see to it that all cables and switches are in place and working prior to closure.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jbserbael View Post
    Good Day brothers ( or sisters if any)

Has anyone of you noticed that the fuse box mounted on the right hand side of our engine gets wet during rains or after washing your car?

I have complained this to mitsu dasma and it seems like it is ok daw and di daw naman mag short circuit yun. Anyway they'll inform the plant and will revert to me soonest.

Yung sa inyo ba ganun din?
    another issue.... fog lights..... trany hitting metal when starting....steering wheel.......
    i will not be surprised if the company will recall all..... but with this financial crisis around the world, highli impossible...... i should have gone to Toyota for a second look before i got my MS4x4GLSse....

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.