New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 133 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2039
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by machinepistol View Post
    May gnawing sound/langitngit coming from the left front and rear doors close to the B pillar. Is there a need to check alignment of doors to the door frames? Kasi kung i-open ko yung front door while monty is moving, nawawala ang sound.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, B - pillar yung sa may seat belt di ba? From what I've read, possible daw yung wires sa loob nun. If I'm not mistaken yung cable ng reverse camera.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mar04 View Post
    Has anyone experienced that after a continuous hard acceleration there was a loud thug or blow sound that came from the underneath of our rig then followed by CEL? Then I stopped to look for any break/leaks and found nothing (no smoke either) and when I drove off there was a loss of power based on how depth I was depressing the gas pedal before (which was more responsive) and after (na parang hirap umabot at lumampas ng 2k rpm) THAT SOUND. What I also noticed is that after lifting the gas pedal the sound of the whistle coming from the turbo was not as prominent as before and when I shut the engine off the 'tok tok' sound of egr was gone. TIA
    have your engine checked using obd scanner to know what caused the CEL. that loss of power you experienced was limp mode. your car computer detected something that is wrong in the system so it turned into fail safe condition to prevent further damage to your vehicle. not unless you check the error code using an obd scanner, you will not know the cause of the problem. if your unit is still under warranty, you need to bring your vehicle to casa so they can scan, find out the error and fix the problem. if you like doing things DIY way, you can buy your own obd2 scanner so everytime you encounter a CEL, you can check yourself the error code and have your trusted shop or mechanic fix the problem. btw, our master DIYer here in tsikot sir zix888 can scan your car and probably fix the problem at way much lesser cost than casa

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Has anyone experienced that after a continuous hard acceleration there was a loud thug or blow sound that came from the underneath of our rig then followed by CEL? Then I stopped to look for any break/leaks and found nothing (no smoke either) and when I drove off there was a loss of power based on how depth I was depressing the gas pedal before (which was more responsive) and after (na parang hirap umabot at lumampas ng 2k rpm) THAT SOUND. What I also noticed is that after lifting the gas pedal the sound of the whistle coming from the turbo was not as prominent as before and when I shut the engine off the 'tok tok' sound of egr was gone. TIA
    Any update on this sir what happened?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    have your engine checked using obd scanner to know what caused the CEL. that loss of power you experienced was limp mode. your car computer detected something that is wrong in the system so it turned into fail safe condition to prevent further damage to your vehicle. not unless you check the error code using an obd scanner, you will not know the cause of the problem. if your unit is still under warranty, you need to bring your vehicle to casa so they can scan, find out the error and fix the problem. if you like doing things DIY way, you can buy your own obd2 scanner so everytime you encounter a CEL, you can check yourself the error code and have your trusted shop or mechanic fix the problem. btw, our master DIYer here in tsikot sir zix888 can scan your car and probably fix the problem at way much lesser cost than casa
    Quote Originally Posted by hachooro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    Bro where can I buy my own obd2 scanner and how much is the price range? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by hachooro View Post
    Already checked with bro zix, and I was enlightened that it was indeed the fail safe mode of the engine. Regarding the problem, the boga like sound came from the pipings(at the side of the air filter) of my upgraded FMIC (c/o bro zix) as evidenced by oil leak and some oil spill in the right lower bumper grill. He adjusted and re tightened all the metal pipes, rubber pipe clamps and the rubber tubes (dunno its name) as well did my 40k km pms/ He told me that I was the first one to experience this case. lol. So far after 2 weeks no more problems, though I was only able to floor it up to 140kph. Well everythings back to normal. Sarap na ulit i hataw. haha

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Mar04, what happened to you was a normal engine reaction. Same thing happened to me. I just re tightened it and there you go. My CEL also disappeared after putting back everything and without any resetting method. Yun nga Lang....since di naging maayos ang air-fuel mixture while running with a leaking FMIC hose, naging pusit ako. Hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wing211 View Post
    Mar04, what happened to you was a normal engine reaction. Same thing happened to me. I just re tightened it and there you go. My CEL also disappeared after putting back everything and without any resetting method. Yun nga Lang....since di naging maayos ang air-fuel mixture while running with a leaking FMIC hose, naging pusit ako. Hehehehe
    Sakin naman hindi naman naging pusit. Nagulat lang ako na may limp mode pala, well at least alam ko na. hehe

Anyway additional question guys, kagabi kasi nung mag papark ako, nahawakan ko ung sign ng P dun sa shift stick tapos mainit to pero yung R up to D hindi naman. Ngayon ko lang napansin to so tanong ko lang kung normal ba un o hindi. TIA. 2012 Gls v 4x2 pala unit. TIA

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    normal lang po kase lighted sya may bulb sa loob kya umiinit
    Sakin naman hindi naman naging pusit. Nagulat lang ako na may limp mode pala, well at least alam ko na. hehe

Anyway additional question guys, kagabi kasi nung mag papark ako, nahawakan ko ung sign ng P dun sa shift stick tapos mainit to pero yung R up to D hindi naman. Ngayon ko lang napansin to so tanong ko lang kung normal ba un o hindi. TIA. 2012 Gls v 4x2 pala unit. TIA

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman777 View Post
    normal lang po kase lighted sya may bulb sa loob kya umiinit
    Occams razor. LOL. Natawa ako, yun lang pala yun. Thanks bro.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Forgive my noobness, what's an FMIC hose? Where is that located? TIA

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Question lang guys, medyo maingay na pag nagbbrake ako and squeeking sound siya I'm nearing the 30Tkms mark and also I'm hearing squeeking sound sa engine bay di ko alam ano culprit pero everytime nabibilad siya sa initan pagka start ko naririnig ko na at lumalala pag buksan na aircon at aandar na. Any thoughts?

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.